Biology research opportunity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Calizboosted76

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am currently in my undergrad and I have 2 semesters left before applying 3 semesters before I complete my bachelors. I have an opportunity to participate in biology research classes as electives. My question is how much do medical schools like to see research on an application? I don’t want to waste money out of pocket to take these extra classes if they aren’t looked upon that well. Any opinions are greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

As long as your stats are solid and you have good EC's, research is def not needed.

Reactions: 1 user
As long as your stats are solid and you have good EC's, research is def not needed.

Gpa is low, working on goros advice on reinvention. I have amazing LORs, I am the chairman of a yearly walk to raise money for chiari malformation and syringomyelia research, I run a yearly bake sale to raise money for abused women and children, I have tons of patient contact as I work as a scribe and the head of the program is very helpful when working with a premed, I plan to score high in the MCAT but we all know that can change. I was thinking research would help out my application but if it is definitely not needed I would prefer to leave it off and use my credits towards other classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gpa is low, working on goros advice on reinvention. I have amazing LORs, I am the chairman of a yearly walk to raise money for chiari malformation and syringomyelia research, I run a yearly bake sale to raise money for abused women and children, I have tons of patient contact as I work as a scribe and the head of the program is very helpful when working with a premed, I plan to score high in the MCAT but we all know that can change. I was thinking research would help out my application but if it is definitely not needed I would prefer to leave it off and use my credits towards other classes.
Use that money towards other credits that show you can ace upper sci classes, which will help your GPA as well.

Reactions: 1 user