Biomed research minor/bcpm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sandman45

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering doing a biomedical research minor at my school, and while I am interested in it I was wondering whether or not it would be worth doing. How much of an advantage would it be to have on an app, compared to someone who didn't have this?

Also, a few bcpm questions, would these classes count towards my science gpa?

1. Neurobiology xx - History of Neurosciences
2. Biomedical Research xx - Skills and Concepts

Any input is appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm considering doing a biomedical research minor at my school, and while I am interested in it I was wondering whether or not it would be worth doing. How much of an advantage would it be to have on an app, compared to someone who didn't have this?

No specific advantage. The honest answer is nobody in the application process will be impressed The only possibility of an advantage would be from networking with professors in that area if you are interested in doing research, maybe a talking point in interviews, etc...very minor and can be gained from many other things

Also, a few bcpm questions, would these classes count towards my science gpa?

1. Neurobiology xx - History of Neurosciences
2. Biomedical Research xx - Skills and Concepts

If you feel they qualify as b, c, p, or m, then count them as such and the worst that could happen is that AMCAS would reclassify them to something else. AMCAS often takes cues from the course headings and what department offers the course...i.e. if the neurobiology history class is BIOL 330 (prob bcpm) vs PSYCH 330 (prob not).

Any input is appreciated. Thank you!

^