Biostatistics or Elementary Statistics for Medical Schools?

Started by jayteeteejay
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

J

jayteeteejay

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone so I know this has been asked before but I feel that this question might be a little different from previous ones. I am applying this cycle and have noticed that I might not fulfill the math requirement for many schools as I have taken Pre-Calc and Calc 1 for Sci and Engineering majors but have never taken an sort of Stats course. I have the option of taking Biostat (which counts towards my Bio major and is cross listed with the Math department) or Elementary Stats that does not count towards my major. I was wondering if most schools would deem it acceptable to take Biostats and for it to count for the math requirement despite it being a Bio class and due to the fact that most schools on MSAR say statistics is needed but rarely do they specifically say biostats. Thanks in advance!
 
They're basically the same class, but biostats gives examples about how the stats can be related back to biology, medicine, public health, etc. rather than marbles in a jar or whatever.
 
Sorry for the late reply but this is crosslisted with Biostats in the Math department so Im not sure how much of an effect that has