-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
biracial applicant race?
Started by bceagles2012
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
huh?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v4CFjrjBxc[/YOUTUBE]
hmmm that got me thinking now, cause I'm half white and asian
hmmm that got me thinking now, cause I'm half white and asian
yet people are making mockery of this.
yet people are making mockery of this.
uhhh my father is Norwegian, and mother is Cambodian and Thai.
If you are biracial and you look white, put down white, if you are biracial and you look black, brown, or whatever, you put that down.
you are what you look like.
wow. i can't believe someone would actually write that.
I could be wrong, but isn't minority defined as at least 1/4 or some other predetermined fraction? What I'm saying is that there is a legal definition and not just a random number that people come up with on the spot.
huh?
well lets say you were mexican, and black... youd have to hear my mexican AND black jokes. Youd also be susceptible to twice the rate of sterotyping as biracial than uniracial.
yet people are making mockery of this.
That's because you've started 6 threads today (always a bad sign to begin with) and 3 of them are totally asinine. Why would you expect anyone to take you seriously, wank star?
That's because you've started 6 threads today (always a bad sign to begin with) and 3 of them are totally asinine. Why would you expect anyone to take you seriously, wank star?
+1.
Stop making stupid threads.
Stop making threads.
Stop.
hmmm that got me thinking now, cause I'm half white and asian
As am I. I put both. Registrar has me down as asian. I don't think anyone cares.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As am I. I put both. Registrar has me down as asian. I don't think anyone cares.
yeah I don't really care either. what are you btw?
yeah I don't really care either. what are you btw?
WASP+Korean.👍
DCbagels2012, aka muffinIV, please log out, quit Internet Explorer 5, and shut down your homophobic Dell Inspirion for the next few months. Please.
DCbagels2012, aka muffinIV, please log out, quit Internet Explorer 5, and shut down your homophobic Dell Inspirion for the next few months. Please.
Please don't. I have no TV, and these threads are legit. 👍👍👍
uhhh my father is Norwegian, and mother is Cambodian and Thai.
Just curious, did your mother grow up in Cambodia? There's some border conflict going on between Thailand and Cambodia right now and the general consensus in my village (as it has been for some time, from what I gather) is that they dislike the Thai because 1. they want Preah Vihear and 2. they've always taken advantage of Cambodia. If your mother grew up in Cambodia, I'd like to hear how being Cambodian and Thai was like!
if i am biracial, do i still include saying im white on the application? would that hurt me? or does it help me cuz it makes me sound like i treat everyone equally?
Okay, help me understand this. How does putting "white" makes you sound like you treat everyone equally? Are you implying that all whites treat everyone equally or that all non-whites don't? OR Should I just go back to bed? 😉
wow. i can't believe someone would actually write that.
President Obama is biracial. Wouldn't he look stupid if he classified himself as white? It would have made his job interviews interesting though. 🙂
President Obama is biracial. Wouldn't he look stupid if he classified himself as white? It would have made his job interviews interesting though. 🙂
wut if ur mariah carey eh?
wut if ur mariah carey eh?
WTF IS MARIAH CAREY? I've always wanted to know.
WTF IS MARIAH CAREY? I've always wanted to know.
shes is technically half black half caucasion i think. as for who she is and her personality, a good look at her and ull forgot what those were.
wut if ur mariah carey eh?
Mariah Carey is blacasian. LOL
This thread is awesome.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious, did your mother grow up in Cambodia? There's some border conflict going on between Thailand and Cambodia right now and the general consensus in my village (as it has been for some time, from what I gather) is that they dislike the Thai because 1. they want Preah Vihear and 2. they've always taken advantage of Cambodia. If your mother grew up in Cambodia, I'd like to hear how being Cambodian and Thai was like!
Yep 🙂 mum is born in cambodia. Even though she is half thai, she sees her self more of a khmer woman I guess. Shes definitely taking the khmer side. My mother was a history professor at phnom Penh University, and was well educated in the history of Indo-china and where we originated from.
Base from her learnings, Preah Vihear belongs to Cambodia.
1) if you look at the design of the temple, its all from acient khmer.
2) the acient script was writtin on the wall also belongs to khmer.
Thai does not have that type of language. Majority of the Thai Historians can not read acient khmer text.
anyways, thai were originally from southern china. Came to cambodia, saw what they like and adapt to khmer culture.
I thought it was disturbing how they try to take angkor wat at one time. I mean its proven in records that that wat belongs to khmer.
you know it all comes down to money!!!!! because both thai and khmer makes their profit from tourism.
Thai charge people to visit preah vihea, Khmer doesnt.
No way am I being biased or liking another side more, But just using the facts to close the case.
Preah Vihea does NOT belong to thai. I can go on about this but I don't wannna hijack this thread.
BTW I notice you put your location as Kampot, Cambodia 😀 very nice Ive been to srok khmer once and went to Kampot and it was awesome love the beach.
My father can't stand it haha hes burns in the sun, looks like a lobster haha
Plus, being Biracial is pretty kool especially in my case. I look alittle more like my mother, but I have hazle dark green eyes from my father and his pointy nose haha and dark hair people can't really pin point if im asian, white, latin, middle eastern or what not. alot of the time Ive been asked if im brazilian.
Last edited:
Please don't. I have no TV, and these threads are legit. 👍👍👍
join the protest!
____________
|FREE BCEAGLE!|
\o/
||
/\
|FREE BCEAGLE!|
\o/
||
/\
Yep 🙂 mum is born in cambodia. Even though she is half thai, she sees her self more of a khmer woman I guess. Shes definitely taking the khmer side. My mother was a history professor at phnom Penh University, and was well educated in the history of Indo-china and where we originated from.
Base from her learnings, Preah Vihear belongs to Cambodia.
1) if you look at the design of the temple, its all from acient khmer.
2) the acient script was writtin on the wall also belongs to khmer.
Thai does not have that type of language. Majority of the Thai Historians can not read acient khmer text.
anyways, thai were originally from southern china. Came to cambodia, saw what they like and adapt to khmer culture.
I thought it was disturbing how they try to take angkor wat at one time. I mean its proven in records that that wat belongs to khmer.
you know it all comes down to money!!!!! because both thai and khmer makes their profit from tourism.
Thai charge people to visit preah vihea, Khmer doesnt.
No way am I being biased or liking another side more, But just using the facts to close the case.
Preah Vihea does NOT belong to thai. I can go on about this but I don't wannna hijack this thread.
BTW I notice you put your location as Kampot, Cambodia 😀 very nice Ive been to srok khmer once and went to Kampot and it was awesome love the beach.
My father can't stand it haha hes burns in the sun, looks like a lobster haha
Plus, being Biracial is pretty kool especially in my case. I look alittle more like my mother, but I have hazle dark green eyes from my father and his pointy nose haha and dark hair people can't really pin point if im asian, white, latin, middle eastern or what not. alot of the time Ive been asked if im brazilian.
You'd also have a guaranteed acceptance to medical school. 😉😉😉well lets say you were mexican, and black... youd have to hear my mexican AND black jokes. Youd also be susceptible to twice the rate of sterotyping as biracial than uniracial.

Plus, being Biracial is pretty kool especially in my case. I look alittle more like my mother, but I have hazle dark green eyes from my father and his pointy nose haha and dark hair people can't really pin point if im asian, white, latin, middle eastern or what not. alot of the time Ive been asked if im brazilian.
Mostly I just get stared at, but that's what I get for growing up in the south.
As far as random guesses, go....
A: Hey, <Myuu>! Are you native american?
Myuu: Yes, I'm a 16th cherokee.
A: Ahhhh, I thought so.
Myuu: I'm also half korean.
A: Ahhhh, I thought so.
Mostly I just get stared at, but that's what I get for growing up in the south.
As far as random guesses, go....
A: Hey, <Myuu>! Are you native american?
Myuu: Yes, I'm a 16th cherokee.
A: Ahhhh, I thought so.
Myuu: I'm also half korean.
A: Ahhhh, I thought so.
Im from Northeast so theres alot of white mix asian here in some area.
Im curious to see what you look like now, Native american really? but than again your 16th of it.....most biracial who are white and asian around my area (not many) tends to look more asian because the father is asian. Im complete opposite I look alittle more asian even though pops is white.
usually my eyes give it away, they know im white but they can't tell the other part haha
when I went to Norway, Cambodia, Thailand etc I stood out even more from the crowd.
you said your WASP, are you british too?
Im from Northeast so theres alot of white mix asian here in some area.
Im curious to see what you look like now, Native american really? but than again your 16th of it.....most biracial who are white and asian around my area (not many) tends to look more asian because the father is asian. Im complete opposite I look alittle more asian even though pops is white.
usually my eyes give it away, they know im white but they can't tell the other part haha
when I went to Norway, Cambodia, Thailand etc I stood out even more from the crowd.
you said your WASP, are you british too?
Nope, not british. Perfectly ordinary north american stock.

Generally, if they notice at all, white people think I'm asian, whereas asians think I'm white.
Nope, not british. Perfectly ordinary north american stock.
Generally, if they notice at all, white people think I'm asian, whereas asians think I'm white.
haha I asked because WASP is usually the powerful British people or high status american lol
have you ever visited korea? In Thailand they looooove it if your mix 😕 you get special treatments

I've yet to come across a girl that was half white/half eastern asian that wasnt hot. Half south-east asian/half hispanic girls also tend to be hot most of the time. I will immediately try to spark up a conversation if I spot one. 😀
I've yet to come across a girl that was half white/half eastern asian that wasnt hot. Half south-east asian/half hispanic girls also tend to be hot most of the time. I will immediately try to spark up a conversation if I spot one. 😀
I think you may be on to something here. I'm starting to recall similar stuff.
Also for Mariah Carey:
Wikipedia said:Her mother is Irish American and her father is of Afro-Venezuelan and African American descent
I've yet to come across a girl that was half white/half eastern asian that wasnt hot. Half south-east asian/half hispanic girls also tend to be hot most of the time. I will immediately try to spark up a conversation if I spot one. 😀
😎
White/Asian
Than again shes a Celeb
they're out there, trust meI've yet to come across a girl that was half white/half eastern asian that wasnt hot. Half south-east asian/half hispanic girls also tend to be hot most of the time. I will immediately try to spark up a conversation if I spot one. 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is also relevant to me since I'm biracial (Korean/Caucasian). I'm not sure what to put either. I look 50/50 when it comes to Asian vs. white.
I was thinking about putting Asian, but I don't think that really helps my application anymore than putting white so I might just go with other.
It's such a stupid thing to have to include in your application anyway.
I was thinking about putting Asian, but I don't think that really helps my application anymore than putting white so I might just go with other.
It's such a stupid thing to have to include in your application anyway.
This is also relevant to me since I'm biracial (Korean/Caucasian). I'm not sure what to put either. I look 50/50 when it comes to Asian vs. white.
I was thinking about putting Asian, but I don't think that really helps my application anymore than putting white so I might just go with other.
It's such a stupid thing to have to include in your application anyway.
Say that you are white because it will be easier to get in.
I'm also Korean/Caucasian. I marked both with no issues. I'm also pretty happy with where I am, right now.👍
This is also relevant to me since I'm biracial (Korean/Caucasian). I'm not sure what to put either. I look 50/50 when it comes to Asian vs. white.
I was thinking about putting Asian, but I don't think that really helps my application anymore than putting white so I might just go with other.
It's such a stupid thing to have to include in your application anyway.
Thanks for reviving this wonderful and informative thread.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 736
