This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kicki

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I posted here a while ago, next week a very important test will decide if I'll be a vet in the future or not. This is my second time trying, the first time, as you can see now, I did so bad (well not that bad but still i'm here writing so) and i'm so freaking nervous because there isn't another thing I wanna do with my life. Oh maybe I did forget, im italian so the system here works a lot different than in any other country or maybe not, but here you basically do this test, if you do well you in, if you do bad you out. So what can i do to be more chilly and stuffs in those days (test coming september 7) but especially that day, any tips?
Have a great day everyone, i hope you doing well, Frannie.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I posted here a while ago, next week a very important test will decide if I'll be a vet in the future or not. This is my second time trying, the first time, as you can see now, I did so bad (well not that bad but still i'm here writing so) and i'm so freaking nervous because there isn't another thing I wanna do with my life. Oh maybe I did forget, im italian so the system here works a lot different than in any other country or maybe not, but here you basically do this test, if you do well you in, if you do bad you out. So what can i do to be more chilly and stuffs in those days (test coming september 7) but especially that day, any tips?
Have a great day everyone, i hope you doing well, Frannie.

I'm sorry your first test didn't go so well! Don't skimp on sleep, you'll need to be rested to think well. Try to review the material you feel must "uncomfortable" with, rather than spend time reviewing the stuff you already know. Sounds obvious I know but it's something I had to learn the hard way. Take time out to exercise, talk with a friend, go for a walk, meditate if you like, read a non-vet book. Anything to give your brain a little break. It doesn't have to be long--if an hour feels like too long, go for a half hour. But you'll be fresher when you come back to study. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
@TerraVet pretty much covered everything. Deep breaths the day of, slap yourself a little if need be.

Otherwise you can always move to another country with veterinary schools.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sorry your first test didn't go so well! Don't skimp on sleep, you'll need to be rested to think well. Try to review the material you feel must "uncomfortable" with, rather than spend time reviewing the stuff you already know. Sounds obvious I know but it's something I had to learn the hard way. Take time out to exercise, talk with a friend, go for a walk, meditate if you like, read a non-vet book. Anything to give your brain a little break. It doesn't have to be long--if an hour feels like too long, go for a half hour. But you'll be fresher when you come back to study. Good luck!
Thank you for you tips, really! Oh no, I was mentally aware I couldn't do it last year, my prep coming from high school, in bio, chemistry, and all the subjects tagged in that test, was really poor, so. But this time, it would be different, I spent so much time in it, and you know, it would be frustrating to not get in, but we'll see, life is an adventure.
I'll let you know, happy Sunday!:)

Reactions: 1 users