Blog list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gimpyrks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone out there! Since I think I am becoming more involved with the community I would like to start this thread for people who do blogs to give their blog URL so fellow blog readers can follow you :)

Give the name of your blog, the URL, and a short description of what your blog is about.

Horsez-R-Us

www.horsez-r-us.blogspot.com

Description: My blog was made to really share my horse experiences, but now it has come down to mainly just telling people what is going on in my life, goals, dream, and yes still about horses :)

Members don't see this ad.

Oh I'm sorry I thought we might do a more update one :) my apologizes xD

Members don't see this ad :)
LIS, is your wife a vet student as well?.... or was she just lucky enough to stick her hand in a cows stomach b/c she's your wife?

LIS, is your wife a vet student as well?.... or was she just lucky enough to stick her hand in a cows stomach b/c she's your wife?

The latter. The lab was on a weekend afternoon (I think), so my wife and kids came along. She got to check it out just for fun. I think they held it then to discourage the entire class from coming (reduce stress on the cows), but still make it available to anyone who really wanted to do it.

The cow that she checked out (we had two) was pregnant..... my wife got a really big grin on her face when she felt the calf through the stomach wall. I think it was fairly far along, like 6-7 months? Can't quite remember.

Very cool! yes I didn't think you were both tackling vet school whilst raising a family lol. ;)

My cow palpation experience (rectum-ly) wasn't so sweet as your wife's... as I was surrounded by a bunch of cow boys and they made fun of me when I said "I *think* its pregnant" and then when I took my arm out, a nice projectile of poop came along and ran down the length of my jeans.

Very cool! yes I didn't think you were both tackling vet school whilst raising a family lol. ;)

My cow palpation experience (rectum-ly) wasn't so sweet as your wife's... as I was surrounded by a bunch of cow boys and they made fun of me when I said "I *think* its pregnant" and then when I took my arm out, a nice projectile of poop came along and ran down the length of my jeans.

That's awesome. I'm sure they wouldn't let a non-student rectal a cow - too much potential damage. We don't even do it until second year, I think. But there's not much you could do unintentionally to hurt a cow playing around in its stomach. It was actually part of our anatomy class; to help get a better feel for the functionality of a 'real' stomach.

That's awesome. I'm sure they wouldn't let a non-student rectal a cow - too much potential damage. We don't even do it until second year, I think. But there's not much you could do unintentionally to hurt a cow playing around in its stomach. It was actually part of our anatomy class; to help get a better feel for the functionality of a 'real' stomach.

yeah I was shadowing a vet and he was happy to let me have a go... I think the farmhands just thought I was a psycho weirdo city girl... :/ .

When I found out that Argro students at my local vet school do preg test palpations (in undergrad) and I think inseminations I was jealous and also jealous on the behalf of 1st year/early year vet students. lol. She said it was boring, and then I was more angry then jealous lol.

yeah I was shadowing a vet and he was happy to let me have a go... I think the farmhands just thought I was a psycho weirdo city girl... :/ .

When I found out that Argro students at my local vet school do preg test palpations (in undergrad) and I think inseminations I was jealous and also jealous on the behalf of 1st year/early year vet students. lol. She said it was boring, and then I was more angry then jealous lol.

I think we have a class where we can do it in undergrad here.. at least the inseminations.

Bumping this thread... My blog can be found at http://www.journeytodvm.com. I've been blogging for awhile now, but it honestly never occurred to me to post it on this site (although I have no idea why).

I initially started the blog as a "how-to" guide for pre-veterinary students, but it has kind of morphed into my own personal anecdotes and stories about issues that affect veterinarians and veterinary students (happy things, but also things like euthanasia, depression, etc.). Check it out and let me know what you think!

Bumping this! Late I know, but I started a collaborative blog at destinationdvm.wordpress.com :) hopefully someone will find this information useful. We just did a "tips for getting in" post.

If anyone would like to collaborate on this just message me!