‘Board certified badge’ = pass oral boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OutofNetwork

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was on my ABPMR profile page and there was this ‘board certified’ badge. Seeing how I haven’t received my oral board scores yet and this badge is on my profile, I wonder if it means that I passed?

Anyone have any insight? I could be making something of nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

I see that you're also obsessively checking your ABPMR page. UM I never noticed this before.. YOU MAY BE RIGHT. IT's match day all over again..

YOU WERE RIGHT. THE RESULTS ARE IN BOYS!

Members don't see this ad :)
This was such a waste of money... I can't imagine that it actually tests anything worthwhile beyond Part 1. Glad to know that I passed, but it were up for a vote, I'd vote for immediately abolishing the oral boards.

This was such a waste of money... I can't imagine that it actually tests anything worthwhile beyond Part 1. Glad to know that I passed, but it were up for a vote, I'd vote for immediately abolishing the oral boards.

What a nerve-wracking experience. Glad that's freaken over.

wait until you try to maintain your certification

Are they getting rid of the 10 year re-certification test?
Haven't taken oral boards yet but haven't many other specialties done away with them? Why do we have oral boards? Maybe that should be the next thing to abolish

Reactions: 1 user
Are they getting rid of the 10 year re-certification test?
Haven't taken oral boards yet but haven't many other specialties done away with them? Why do we have oral boards? Maybe that should be the next thing to abolish

$$$

Reactions: 1 users
Well I would rather pay the $$ for the priviledge of being certified rather than pay the money and have to study for that test.

Seriously, if they want the money that bad, they can just charge more for the written exam. This was an even bigger waste of my time than Step 2 CS. But I'm glad it's over.

Reactions: 1 user
not applicable to specialty boards yet though

IMG_5001.JPG

For those wondering, Mayo does a fantastic job with their oral board review course. There is a ton of gamesmanship to the test and I think that the course teaches you that part of the exam much better than you could learn from a book. You are already paying a lot of money to take the oral boards, but the course does prepare you well.