Boise, ID market/practice type?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NewStreet

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody have any insight into the Boise, ID market? I can't find much online and am curious if there are decent jobs there. Also, does anyone know if there are many solo (non-supervision) jobs here? Thanks!
 
Boise Anesthesia, PA covers St. Alphonsus and Boise Anesthesia Associates covers St. Luke's. Each have a flagship hospital in town as well as a few smaller facilities. St. Al's is level 2 trauma, St. Lukes is level 1 peds trauma. Both groups are very supervision-heavy. I think hearts are solo but am not positive about that. When I was poking around a few years ago, BAA was only hiring associates, not partnership track. My impression was the partners were well-compensated but worked hard. No idea how things have changed since then (I was looking pre-COVID).

There's also a small VA w/ supervision. Not sure about smaller groups that may cover smaller surgery centers.