Book recommendations for Micro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorWannaBe

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been borrowing the Lange Medical Microbiology and Immunology for the immunology section of my class, but now I'd like to buy a book for the rest of the year. My professors recommend the Sherris Medical Microbiology book. I've also heard that Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple is a good book. Does anyone have any recommendations on any of these 3 books, or is there another good one? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I loved Lange for immuno, but haven't touched it for micro. Instead I've been using Micro Made Ridiculously Simple. Its cheap, easy to read, has a lot of pictures, and seems to cover key points. Unfortunately my micro profs don't seem to test over key points, instead preferring random minutia :(

use micro made ridiculously simple for micro, and the lange book for immuno.

hey, don't you go to UA? don't listen to the micro people and dr. ryan. you can do well in the class and boards w/out ryan's book...i did as did a number of my other classmates.

if you use the class notes and micro made rid simple for the rest of the year you will be set.

PM me if you have any other questions regarding 2nd year.