Book recommendations for Micro

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by DoctorWannaBe, Nov 12, 2005.

1. DoctorWannaBe

DoctorWannaBe Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I've been borrowing the Lange Medical Microbiology and Immunology for the immunology section of my class, but now I'd like to buy a book for the rest of the year. My professors recommend the Sherris Medical Microbiology book. I've also heard that Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple is a good book. Does anyone have any recommendations on any of these 3 books, or is there another good one? Thanks.

2. lilmo

lilmo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I loved Lange for immuno, but haven't touched it for micro. Instead I've been using Micro Made Ridiculously Simple. Its cheap, easy to read, has a lot of pictures, and seems to cover key points. Unfortunately my micro profs don't seem to test over key points, instead preferring random minutia :(

3. lattimer13

lattimer13 good boy!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    use micro made ridiculously simple for micro, and the lange book for immuno.

4. lattimer13

lattimer13 good boy!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey, don't you go to UA? don't listen to the micro people and dr. ryan. you can do well in the class and boards w/out ryan's book...i did as did a number of my other classmates.

if you use the class notes and micro made rid simple for the rest of the year you will be set.

PM me if you have any other questions regarding 2nd year.