Boston class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys i just called up BU and was told seats are full and no more interviews..now only the waiting list candidates might be called if anyone leaves. One week earlier i called and they said still some seats are there and applications are being reviewed and they will call on idividual basis till july......its all so contradictory ....am so tense.

Members don't see this ad.

Guys i just called up BU and was told seats are full and no more interviews..now only the waiting list candidates might be called if anyone leaves. One week earlier i called and they said still some seats are there and applications are being reviewed and they will call on idividual basis till july......its all so contradictory ....am so tense.

hi BDSCHD,
when were u interviewed? what r ur stats?

hey guys,
does bu inform u whether u r accepted/rejected/waitlisted? or is it like u get informed only when accepted? plz clarify this doubt, anyone. i have been waiting for some sort of response from them.... i m so tensed. is thr anyone who has been accepted with a score less than 90?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys.. a hearty congratulations to all who got into BU.Please mail to [email protected] to join the yahoo groups and share info. Also please give your sdn id in your add request.
Enjoy

hey itsme,
i was interviewed on jan 11th, havent heard bk from bu, thy replied to my mail saying thy have rolling admissions thru june-july... so.... wtever...

hey itsme,
i was interviewed on jan 11th, havent heard bk from bu, thy replied to my mail saying thy have rolling admissions thru june-july... so.... wtever...

hey preetha,
thanks for ur reply. what r ur stats? do u know anyone who got in with a score less than 90?

hi all

i was interviewed on feb 8th and just wanted to know that whenever you correspond with dr. ashayeri or other faculty e.g when u write a thank you letter did they ever write back to you and if yes what do they generally write.I mean its a positive response.

I am also waiting to hear from them.

hi all

i was interviewed on feb 8th and just wanted to know that whenever you correspond with dr. ashayeri or other faculty e.g when u write a thank you letter did they ever write back to you and if yes what do they generally write.I mean its a positive response.

I am also waiting to hear from them.

hi molar,
what r ur stats? how did the interview go? do u feel they said anything positive?

Stats
part1 93%
TOEFL- 110

no positive or negative and respose to thank you letter was will get in touch with you soon.
how was ur response to any correspondance.

Stats
part1 93%
TOEFL- 110

no positive or negative and respose to thank you letter was will get in touch with you soon.

hey molar19,

with a score as urs i don think u r gonna have any trouble getting in. good luck to u. i think u shld be hearing from them soon.

hey there molar19,

gr8 stats :thumbup:

i was interviewed on 8th feb too ... i dont recollect meeting u though ... cld u pls PM me your name?

thanks

rashmi

Stats
part1 93%
TOEFL- 110

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM[/YOUTUBE]

hey nightguard,

great stats... i dont believe there is anythign wrong with your application! i guess this time there have been many many late applicants with outstanding stats!! so many of us (many with 90+) who were interviewed in the last 3 batches havent heard from them either!!

when did u apply?

all the best

rashmi

Hello Everybody!

I applied to BU with part I 97, GPA 3.2. Not received anything yet. Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong with my application???:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On3mrKW-Nk0[/YOUTUBE]

It was my second application. I had applied last year. I do not remember having a personality disorder! In fact during the interview I was told that everything about my decency and command of English was ok but my score was not competitive enough and I should improve it, so I studied hard this time and improved it to 97. I was wondering if anybody was rejected with 97 before.:rolleyes:

hI,
I agree with others' opinion. Right now too many people got high scores, with that said, score is not that important. Your interview matters. To be frank, I don't even know whose score is below 94 among my friends( I know someone scored 92 got retake)....in other words, when everyone got high score, score is no longer the factor:(

Hello Everybody,

I am a new member to this forum.I have been accepted in BU for class2009.
Just wanted to know my batch mates before we actually meet.

Thanks

Congratulations to all accepted in the BU Dental School. I'm AS2 student , hopefuly going to graduate in about few months. I know it is probably too early for you to start searching for a place to live, but belive me - it is not that easy to find nice and mostly CHEAP place. After a year in searching many adds and living in not-the -best place ever, I finaly end up in this prefect studio, which satisfIed and exceed all my needs. This nice studio apartment is available for the months of July and August, with option for continuing the lease for over the next year. If you are student at BU Dental School or Medical School, this is your place. Studio apartment, with big pouch – view towards downtown (can you spell barbeque?). Amazing location – next to Prudential Center, meters away from Subway stop, Bus stop, BU Shuttle stop (free servise to BU Dental/Medical School), or if you want to walk – 10 – 15 minutes to BU Dental/Medical School, 10 minutes to best dining /hanging out street in the city – Newbury Str. The price for this studio apartment is 800$ which is GREAT DEAL. You can not find anything else in this area for less than 950 – 1000 $. Did I say that all utilities are included in the price too ? Well, they are ! I can send you pictures and more info upon request. Send me an email – [email protected]

Dear friends, Congratulations to all who made it and good luck to those who are waiting. I have an important question here..is there anyone here who is currently on an F1 and going to school currently, if yes then pls pm me as need to discuss som important issues.

hi guys,
does anyone have any idea when will BU finally tell us abt our interview status...? i know thy have sent out many acceptances ...but are thy still going to interview....? thy told feb 22nd was the last batch of interviews and thy will send out acceptance/waitlist/rejection letters soon after that....

hell, its march 25th and still nothing from them.....

Hi preetha and i have been interviewed on the same day as urs on january11th 2007.i am also sailing in the same boat as you are..no acceptance call from boston and still waiting for a reply.Do you have any more acceptances from any other univ.Luck is not favoring me and im getting frustrated now.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Accept my heartiest congratulations rashmi, I know you havent written it here yet but I know that you got accepted and did not want to miss the chance of being the first one to congratulate you..accept my heartiest congratulations..and welcome to the batch of 2009

dear ro,

thank you sooo much :))) ... i am so glad we r gonna be classmates ...

Hi guys,

I got my acceptance letter today ... i was interviewed on 8th of Feb ...it was a very long wait ... i am feeling sooo relieved ... the letter is dated 22nd march ...got it today

my message to all who r waiting .... pls be patient and dont lose hope ...
all the very best ..

thanks,
rashmi

hi rashmi
gr8..u did it..congrats big time..wishing u all the best for ur bright future..:thumbup:

hey Rashmi
Congrats. I am sooo happy for you.:)

dear ro,

thank you sooo much :))) ... i am so glad we r gonna be classmates ...

Hi guys,

I got my acceptance letter today ... i was interviewed on 8th of Feb ...it was a very long wait ... i am feeling sooo relieved ... the letter is dated 22nd march ...got it today

my message to all who r waiting .... pls be patient and dont lose hope ...
all the very best ..

thanks,
rashmi

heyyy Ras, Congrats...

hey ras,
congrats, just saw ur stats on the acceptance thread!!
its awesome...gr8 going!!
gdluck!

Dear Rashmi,

You have made it!!.:clap: :clap: .Heartiest Congratulations!!:thumbup: :thumbup:
I must say tht the class of 2009 would have missed some real fun if u were not there..but now..well well...

I am sooooo happy ..really!
Tere se toh party leni hi padegii..woh bhi double..u know why;)

U and rodent are among the very few finest ppl I have met here..
I am proud of your achievement..And wish you good luck for your bright future.

All those who are patiently waiting to hear from BU..hold on..I feel tht some of u might hear from them till late april also coz quite a few students will defer..and some will drop out.Accepted candidates can inform about their deferral/dropouts till 1st week of MAy...I know many of you have gr88 scores..and have everything in their appli. to be a part of BU or any other dream school of their choice.We have to be very patient.I know its hard done than said.But what more can you do when you have already given your best.

We all have come here to fulfill our dreams and so will we!!..Nothing can stop us from achieveing that! Always keep tht in mind.

I wish you all good luck!

hey preetha...thanks a lot!
good luck to u

take care
rashmi

hey ras,
congrats, just saw ur stats on the acceptance thread!!
its awesome...gr8 going!!
gdluck!

Dear Richa,

Thankyou so very much!! for everything ... for all the help ...the discussions...the advice ...

thanks for helping me with so many questions that i had while preparing for the exam .... i am sure many other SDNers will agree with me on this ... u ask richa a qs ...and be assured that u will get the answer almost immediately:)
thanks for being there for me these 1.5 mts after my interview ... when i had almost lost hope assuming bu admissions r full!! thanks for all the motivation and encouragement and for lending me a patient ear (or eye) for all my back up plans :oops:
i wish u all the best and may all your dreams come true :love: :luck:

take care
rashmi

Dear Rashmi,

You have made it!!.:clap: :clap: .Heartiest Congratulations!!:thumbup: :thumbup:
I must say tht the class of 2009 would have missed some real fun if u were not there..but now..well well...

I am sooooo happy ..really!
Tere se toh party leni hi padegii..woh bhi double..u know why;)

U and rodent are among the very few finest ppl I have met here..
I am proud of your achievement..And wish you good luck for your bright future.

Hi Everyone.
I am a new member at SDN. I got acceptance at BU for 2009 class.I am looking for a (she) roommate, to share an appartment.Those interested please contact me.

archanna

Hi Archanna
I am also looking for a female roommate to share apt.
Btw were you interviewed on nov 16? Please pm me.

Hi Everyone.
I am a new member at SDN. I got acceptance at BU for 2009 class.I am looking for a (she) roommate, to share an appartment.Those interested please contact me.

archanna

HEY RASHMI ,

HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!! ENJOY THIS BLISSFUL MOMENT! & ALL THE BEST FOR THE COMING YEAR!

CHEERS!:luck:

ANU

Congratulations! It gives us some hope too :)

thanks anu ... i read that u got into nyu ...thats gr8 ...congrats 2 u 2 ...all the best

rashmi

thanks nightguard ... u have awesome stats ... your hard work will def pay off ... all the best

rashmi

HEY RASHMI ,

HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!! ENJOY THIS BLISSFUL MOMENT! & ALL THE BEST FOR THE COMING YEAR!

CHEERS!:luck:

ANU

Hey Rashmi,

Thankyou for your note of appreciation. But always remember that whatever you achieve is becoz of your hard work+efforts+ blessings of your elders. Atleast I feel it this way.
We all sdn frnds are here to just remind each other of that..and keep encouraging each other to keep up the good work.

Thanks again.And enjoy!:luck:

Hi there both of you,,thanks for registering me in your good books,,you guys have been awsome to me too, where wud i be without frnds like you, and without those ppl who were here on SDN to help me and encourage me in the days of toughness. I really wish everyone should see their dreams coming true very soon. I am very glad to have you as a classmate rash and we will miss you rich but once you are there as a juniour to us we will rag u bad..trust me hon...catch you guys later online

Hello everyone
I am new member to SDN. I have been accepted to bugsdm. Just wanted to know my future classmates.

hello vish 2004 when were you interviewed, when did u get the acceptance letter, can u share ur stats.

Hi dentistdentist,
i was interviewed on jan26 and got acceptance letter on 31st jan.
my stats are, 93%,101,3.3.

hey dear,
Congratulations to all accepted.I want to discuss visa things with those who are getting their B1/B2--F1.anybody interested ,please post their replies.Congrats to all of us.

Hi Vishal,

Even I am a new member in SDN.
Well I am from Delhi,and now doing my MPH in US.
Do let me know something about urself as well.

TC

Hi everyone,
I am looking for a female roomie, I have found a very good deal for house 1 block away from dental school, It is a 2 bdr apt, and I want to share it with 1 female roomie, rent is for 1700, and one month rent as security deposit, it is available from mid june. anyone ineterested pm me asap.

hey everyone...am looking forward to meeting all of u in august. i was wondering if there is any girl out there lookin for a apartment. i've booked an apartment near bu...now all i need is a female roomie.. anyone interested..feel free to contact me at [email protected].
take care n god bless..