Boston University (BU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

If not the app then what? They flipped a coin?

I mean there is a reason that person got 7 interviews, if the application is bad then there would be no interviews. Maybe they just think this person doesn’t meet their goals.

Members don't see this ad.

If not the app then what? They flipped a coin?
Every school looks for different stuff, was prob just not what they were looking for. I was really just replying to people above that seemed to be really taken by the rejection and thought something was bad on their app. Not every school is gonna like everybody and that is expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For the people that got rejected, did you get an interview first?

Rejected this morning as well in the middle of my other dental school interview so that caught me off guard lol

For those who heard back today, when did your apps get completed and go under review? Mine was complete two months ago and portal status has been “under review” since July :(

Were there so many rejections in September without an interview? Have you ever done that?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many student BU accepts after they interview?? Is it mostly everyone?

Anyone apply after taking any classes at a community college and get an interview?

Interview #1
School: Boston U
Notification date: 9/30
Method of notification: Email
Residency: In state
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/26
Application complete date: 8/29
GPA: 3.614
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/22/24/general chemistry, 16
Dates available: 10/11
Method of interview: virtual

Interview #6
School: Boston University
Notification date: 10/3
Residency: OOS (Pennsylvania)
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/01/2022
Application received by school: 7/27/22
GPA (overall, science): 3.76, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: October 11th (assigned)
Method of interview: Virtual (Zoom)

Interview #5
School: Boston University
Notification date: 10/4
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/01/2022
Application received by school: 6/02/22
GPA (overall, science): 3.54, 3.33
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/21/19/none
Method of interview: Virtual (Zoom)

Has anyone received a zoom link from their interviewer? In the email, he said he would send it when he got a confirmation email, but my interview is tomorrow. Do they just send it the day of? Sorry, dumb q just paranoid haha

Has anyone received a zoom link from their interviewer? In the email, he said he would send it when he got a confirmation email, but my interview is tomorrow. Do they just send it the day of? Sorry, dumb q just paranoid haha
your interviewer should have emailed u w it

I was told that BU would be holding in-person visit days for those who received an interview invite. Does anyone know when they will be held?

I was told that BU would be holding in-person visit days for those who received an interview invite. Does anyone know when they will be held?
BU sent out an email with a link for the different dates to attend the in-person visit day. I believe they're held on the weekend.

Any more interview invites recently? Also how was the interview for those that have done it?

About how much percent of out of state applicants does Boston accept after the interview?

About how much percent of out of state applicants does Boston accept after the interview?
around 60-70% I believe. BU is very selective w interviews because they accept most of their interviewed applicants

Reactions: 1 users
around 60-70% I believe. BU is very selective w interviews because they accept most of their interviewed applicants
Question, so how many interviews does BU give out before the 15th of December?

How many people does BU tend to interview each cycle? How many acceptances does BU give out?

If 60-70% get an acceptance from those interviewed, what happens to the other 30%?

Question, so how many interviews does BU give out before the 15th of December?

How many people does BU tend to interview each cycle? How many acceptances does BU give out?

If 60-70% get an acceptance from those interviewed, what happens to the other 30%?
Those 30% are either rejected or waitlisted (then rejected). The ADEA guide does not disclose how many interviews BU gave out for the class of 2024. But they do say out of 154 IS applicants, 71 were accepted and 1864 OOS applicants had 221 accepted. Each school is different on how many spots they interview before Dec. 15. But they aren’t allowed to accept more than the amount of seats they have available for their class per ADEA traffic rules.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone attended or planning to attend one of their in-person visit days? What kind of attire would be appropriate?

Anyone attended or planning to attend one of their in-person visit days? What kind of attire would be appropriate?
I attended and honestly attire ranged from casual to business formal, with most people wearing business causal. I personally would suggest business casual with comfortable shoes because you will be walking around a lot.

I was contacted 2 weeks ago for an interview and they said the interviewer would reach out to schedule a date, but they still haven't. Should I contact them?

I was contacted 2 weeks ago for an interview and they said the interviewer would reach out to schedule a date, but they still haven't. Should I contact them?
I would if it was me, I think 2 weeks is a bit long. Mine contacted me the next day

Heard back around 10:30; got accepted! The dental application updated to "offer made" a little bit before receiving the email! Good luck everyone, fingers crossed for you!

Got an acceptance 12/15 !

So does anyone know when first years tuition is due? I think it’s 3/20? If someone has more insight please lmk