Boston University (BU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Does anyone know if BU typically sends out a decent amount of interview invites around this time? They said they interview through March, but is it still likely if I haven't heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else interview before December and still not hear back from BU yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview today and was pretty much guaranteed an acceptance email on Feb 1st! Im so excited :) Literally was shocked hearing that I was an impressive candidate, I literally have subpar stats lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I had an interview today and was guaranteed an acceptance email on Feb 1st! Im so excited :) Literally was shocked hearing that I was one of the most impressive candidates, I literally have subpar stats lol
Congratulations! Did they happen to say if they were going to give out more interviews?

Congratulations! Did they happen to say if they were going to give out more interviews?
Thank you! Feel free to ask any questions. I am not sure if they are planning to give out more interviews. He mentioned that they're interviewing for two more weeks but idk if they have extended invites out already.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! Feel free to ask any questions. I am not sure if they are planning to give out more interviews. He mentioned that they're interviewing for two more weeks but idk if they have extended invites out already.
Hey! Firstly congratulations on your acceptance, may I know your profile details please, and when did you apply and get the mail for an interview?
By the way how was the interview and how did it go?

Hey! Firstly congratulations on your acceptance, may I know your profile details please, and when did you apply and get the mail for an interview?
By the way how was the interview and how did it go?
Hi Aswitha. I was dealing with a lot mentally and had to apply late this cycle. My application was verified Jan 4th. 19AA, 20 TS, 3.5 gpa from a prestigious undergrad that is known for deflation lol, 3.37 sgpa, 3.7 masters gpa so far. Worked as a dental assistant/treatment coordinator for a gap year before getting my masters so had experience. Dental research, a lot of leadership and volunteering (over 5,000 hours combined). Lmk if you have more questions, best of luck!

Hi Aswitha. I was dealing with a lot mentally and had to apply late this cycle. My application was verified Jan 4th. 19AA, 20 TS, 3.5 gpa from a prestigious undergrad that is known for deflation lol, 3.37 sgpa, 3.7 masters gpa so far. Worked as a dental assistant/treatment coordinator for a gap year before getting my masters so had experience. Dental research, a lot of leadership and volunteering (over 5,000 hours combined). Lmk if you have more questions, best of luck!
Forgot to mention that I got my interview invite last week (Jan 20th).

This is not subpar stats.

However, I interviewed last friday and I also was told i was impressive and would be receiving an acceptance. However, i am not sure how true this is because the comittee is the one that makes the decision, not an individual interviewer.

Nonetheless my interview went awesome!!! (sent out 01/19, I interviewed 01/20)

It was rigorous, and not chill though. I was drilled with ethics questions and grilled for leaving out an employment thing on my aadsas app. but i loved the interviewer regardless. very unique, intimate interview experience.

Forgot to mention that I got my interview invite last week (Jan 20th).
Thanks for the detailed reply future_tooth_doc. May I know your personal number so that I can ask a few more questions regarding the same...only & only if you are okay with it

This is not subpar stats.

However, I interviewed last friday and I also was told i was impressive and would be receiving an acceptance. However, i am not sure how true this is because the comittee is the one that makes the decision, not an individual interviewer.

Nonetheless my interview went awesome!!! (sent out 01/19, I interviewed 01/20)

It was rigorous, and not chill though. I was drilled with ethics questions and grilled for leaving out an employment thing on my aadsas app. but i loved the interviewer regardless. very unique, intimate interview experience.

I had the same experience! Was grilled for leaving out a language and a job I had in high school lol but I am so glad it went well for you! Mine was definitely conversational but the ethical questions were definitely a little tough. Hope it works out for both of us :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the detailed reply future_tooth_doc. May I know your personal number so that I can ask a few more questions regarding the same...only & only if you are okay with it
I am not going to be putting my personal number on here but you can message me privately and I would be happy to help!

Accepted 02/01. Interviewed around like 01/24

Are scholarships notified with the acceptance letter?

Are scholarships notified with the acceptance letter?
idk didnt even read it i was too excited

i did however get to the part where i have 2 weeks to confirm my acceptance ALONGSIDE AN UNREFUNDABLE THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS lol.

i literally cannot afford that and dont know what to do

i did however get to the part where i have 2 weeks to confirm my acceptance ALONGSIDE AN UNREFUNDABLE THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS lol.

scholarship are notified with the acceptance and you have to confirm both by the same deadline. I had the same financial struggle and i reached out to the dean who permitted me to pay the deposit in multiple payments.

scholarship are notified with the acceptance and you have to confirm both by the same deadline. I had the same financial struggle and i reached out to the dean who permitted me to pay the deposit in multiple payments.
Is that how scholarships work for post-december acceptances? I was told that for post December acceptances they mainly go out in the spring.

Is that how scholarships work for post-december acceptances? I was told that for post December acceptances they mainly go out in the spring.
sorry i don’t have an answer then as i was accepted pre-december.

Has anyone had an interview and just not hear anything back yet?

For those who were unsuccessful, were you able to ask for Feedback in how to improve your application or do we need to wait till April?

Are you a foreign dentist by any chance?

Did anyone receive an email asking if they’re interested in interviewing?

I didnt get an interview. The admissions manager just sent an email asking if i was still interested in the program because they still are sending interviews up until march.

I didnt get an interview. The admissions manager just sent an email asking if i was still interested in the program because they still are sending interviews up until march.
lol why are they asking if we're still interested? I mean why else would we spend money and apply to their school? lmao these admissions people...

lol why are they asking if we're still interested? I mean why else would we spend money and apply to their school? lmao these admissions people...
because some applicants who have committed elsewhere do not withdraw applications even if they are not interested. Application process is tedious for us and for them as well. Be more understanding and save them some work too. Also, I withdrew my acceptance today along with 10k annual scholarship. Good luck to the everyone whos still waiting.

because some applicants who have committed elsewhere do not withdraw applications even if they are not interested. Application process is tedious for us and for them as well. Be more understanding and save them some work too. Also, I withdrew my acceptance today along with 10k annual scholarship. Good luck to the everyone whos still waiting.
I get it but like they're making bank from admissions, so it's hard to feel bad for them.

I get it but like they're making bank from admissions, so it's hard to feel bad for them.
I tend to think of it as texas holdem: you win some you lose some, some hands you never know, you compete with your peers, the house always wins

For those of you who attended the tour, what is the dress code? Will there be a lot of walking? indoors/outdoors? I'm a California resident and not sure if I should invest in a coat or shoes.

For those of you who attended the tour, what is the dress code? Will there be a lot of walking? indoors/outdoors? I'm a California resident and not sure if I should invest in a coat or shoes.

The attire was a mix of business casual and business formal. Walked around the school for a tour of all the floors - no outside walking.

Anyone heard any updates since they sent out the "are you still interested to interview" emails?

I withdrew my spot in the incoming class to attend elsewhere. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Reactions: 1 users