Boston University (BU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Ryxndek

D1 Minnesota
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: Boston University (BU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.44
Science GPA: 3.33
DAT: 20.2AA, 19.8TS, 20.2PAT
Applied: 2,293
OOS: 1,865 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 221 Accepted
IS: 154 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 71 Accepted
International: 274 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 13 Accepted
# Enrolled: 115
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.52
Science GPA: 3.43
DAT: 21.1AA, 20.5TS, 20.8PAT
Applied: 2,426
OOS: 1,983 Applied, 210 Accepted
IS: 137 Applied, 69 Accepted
International: 306 Applied, 14 Accepted
# Enrolled: 115
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 2.80-3.93
Overall: 2.93-3.93

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone receive an email requesting 2 more letter of recs? I am a little confused why it is needed

Members don't see this ad :)
That means an interview should follow. On their website it says:

Applicants who are invited to interview will be asked to submit two GSDM Character Reference Forms, written by evaluators from two of the following three categories: employment, community service/volunteering, extracurricular activities.

Do yall think it would be an issue if one of those two letters was from someone who already wrote one of my letters of rec that i submitted on AADSAS? In the email it says that they just need someone who can verify my involvement in an extracurricular activity, so i assume it shouldn't be a problem, but who knows.

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like it’s good. If you applied, it means you are interested and would attend. So of course I’m interested in being interviewed.
And easier on the recommenders because they don’t have to write a letter. It says they just have to fill out a form.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who responded to their interview invite gotten an email back yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully yeah. I responded to them about an hour after they emailed so I guess I just expected a response sooner. I know just tweakin tho

Also got an email from them on Thursday for interview…. Sent them my two references on the 18th, didn’t hear anything back. I had also sent them a different email asking them a question but ended up figuring it out myself so I submitted the references.

Emailed them today to follow up and he responded to the email concerning my question. I guess they missed the email that had my references, so I sent it to them again.

FOLLOW UP if you haven’t heard anything.

This system is not good IMO. It’s so easy to miss emails, and a time sensitive response like this is not something I want to lose on because my email got lost…..

I just sent a follow up... really hope they didn't just miss my email

They got back to me about interviews. After receiving email, they add you to an ‘official interview list.’ Whoever is interviewing me will get back to me between September 1 and November 30.

They got back to me about interviews. After receiving email, they add you to an ‘official interview list.’ Whoever is interviewing me will get back to me between September 1 and November 30.
I got the same email

The school has not sent my additional references any forms yet. The portal seems a bit confusing as well. It says I need to register for the Student Affairs and Ambassador Chat but it only gives me the option to register for the Showcase visit day and the Student Financial Services and Housing Resources. Anyone else facing the same problem????

I got another email about who exactly is going to interview me. And that that person will reach out within the coming days to schedule a one on one.

I got another email about who exactly is going to interview me. And that that person will reach out within the coming days to schedule a one on one.
Did this email come from Joshua or just like the general admissions email? Has your references received their forms?

Has anyone recently gotten the email for additional rec letters?

Has anyone recently gotten the email for additional rec letters?
Talked to Joshua Swanson over the weekend at one of the showcases and he stated that the 2 interview forms will be sent to us to give to our recommenders - who will then send it directly to BU. He expects the forms to be ready soon.

Talked to Joshua Swanson over the weekend at one of the showcases and he stated that the 2 interview forms will be sent to us to give to our recommenders - who will then send it directly to BU. He expects the forms to be ready soon.
Have you received a interview date yet or heard from your individual interviewer?

The interview for BU really is great. I smiled from cheek to cheek the whole time, and it wasn’t forced.

Reactions: 4 users
The interview for BU really is great. I smiled from cheek to cheek the whole time, and it wasn’t forced.
I’m glad to hear someone heard back with a date and/or had their interview already! Glad it went well for you and you feel good about it 😄

Have other people not received their interviewer information yet? Did you reach out to BU about it?

Have other people not received their interviewer information yet? Did you reach out to BU about it?
I just got an email today stating who my interviewer will be and that they will reach out to me soon with available dates.

Are we supposed to schedule a visit to the school and all that other stuff on the checklist prior to our interview? I haven't gotten an interview date yet, but I keep getting emails about ambassador chats and what not. Is that optional or do we have to do it? It looks like we have to from what I have read. Their portal is a little confusing.

It’s all apart of the process and is required, the showcase (school visit) is optional.

Are we supposed to schedule a visit to the school and all that other stuff on the checklist prior to our interview? I haven't gotten an interview date yet, but I keep getting emails about ambassador chats and what not. Is that optional or do we have to do it? It looks like we have to from what I have read. Their portal is a little confusing.
I have already interviewed, and I haven't completed everything on the checklist. You're fine. The showcase visit is optional. Everything else must be completed before matriculation. Hope this helps

still have not received an interview date yet despite being invited almost 2 months ago :////

Received my email today about getting contacted in the next few days for interview