Boston University (BU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

For those of you who have been interviewed already, how long after the email informing you of who you would be interviewing with did you actually receive dates?

For those of you who have been interviewed already, how long after the email informing you of who you would be interviewing with did you actually receive dates?
A few days later

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email a couple of days ago inviting for interview with my interviewers name. It was followed up by several emails to visit and sign up to different aspects of the school.

Does anyone know if my camera needs to be on during all the info sessions? And if so, should I be wearing business casual??????????????

Does anyone know if my camera needs to be on during all the info sessions? And if so, should I be wearing business casual??????????????
No, so far it has been very casual and most students didn’t have the camera on.

Not sure about student affairs just yet.

I think a lot of us are speculating that they’re going to end up deciding not to do this lol
Did anyone who did the interview receive instructions on how to send the appropriate GSDM Character Reference forms to their references?

Last edited:
Is anyone still waiting for their interviewer to contact them?

Is anyone still waiting for their interviewer to contact them?
I sent my application in September and was contacted last week by interviewer that scheduled my interview for a few days after that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my application in September and was contacted last week by interviewer that scheduled my interview for a few days after that.
It appears that some of the admissions committee members are just behind in there schedule. Because I can’t for the life of me understand why we haven’t gotten dates yet 😩

Anyone still in the waiting room for BU's student ambassador chat on Zoom rn? o_O

I’m confused by this email regarding our additional recommenders. Have our recommenders not been sent the evaluation forms yet? I provided that information almost 2 months ago

I’m confused by this email regarding our additional recommenders. Have our recommenders not been sent the evaluation forms yet? I provided that information almost 2 months ago
No they never sent anything to them. You need to resubmit your evaluator's info again through this new portal

what is the link for the new portal for gsdm character reference forms?

Interview # 4
Residency: OOS
Notification date: 11/08/2023
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/30/2023
Application complete date: 09/15/2023
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.7; Overall: 3.98 (Masters Degree) // Undergrad Overall: 3.43
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA, 19 TS, 19 PAT, 18 Reading, No
Dates available OR your interview date: TBA
Method of interview: Online

Interview # 4
Residency: OOS
Notification date: 11/08/2023
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/30/2023
Application complete date: 09/15/2023
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.7; Overall: 3.98 (Masters Degree) // Undergrad Overall: 3.43
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA, 19 TS, 19 PAT, 18 Reading, No
Dates available OR your interview date: TBA
Method of interview: Online

Was there a secondary application or just the fee?

So I see that some of you have already been accepted- Congratulations! 1:00 am est is early relative to past years. Does this mean that they have already sent out all acceptances to everyone who has a spot? I anticipated most people to get an email in the morning...

Accepted at 12:10AM EST via email! Congrats everyone!

• Love
rejected without interview via email, dec 18th.
Application complete date nov 2nd 2023.
DAT 24/ TS 25 Postbacc 3.85 lol
Best luck of you guys :)

Rejected without interview 23 AA, 3.89 GPA, application complete june 12, academic update/lointerest sent nov 7

The way they wrote that rejection email… god, it stings

Rejected without interview 23 AA, 3.89 GPA, application complete june 12, academic update/lointerest sent nov 7
Such great stats - makes me wonder what does it take?

wow, what did it say?
Rejected without interview as well. This is a snippet of the email:

We regret to inform you that we have removed you from the pool of applicants under consideration for a position in the class entering in 2024. Each year the number of qualified applicants far exceeds the limited number of positions in the first year class. Consequently, the selection process omits some very talented and capable people.

Would today be their first rejection emails ? Such as sending them intervals vs all at once

Rejected without interview as well. This is a snippet of the email:

We regret to inform you that we have removed you from the pool of applicants under consideration for a position in the class entering in 2024. Each year the number of qualified applicants far exceeds the limited number of positions in the first year class. Consequently, the selection process omits some very talented and capable people.
We suggest that you give serious consideration to completing a rigorous pre-professional master’s degree program in the biomedical sciences, to strengthen your preparation for future dental school enrollment. Over the years, many applicants who were originally not successful in their application to the DMD program have reapplied successfully after earning a biomedical sciences master’s degree. Boston University offers such a program: the MS in Oral Health Sciences, or OHS. OHS is a one-year credential-enhancing pre-dental master’s program offered through the division of Graduate Medical Sciences at Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine. Learn about it here: http://www.bumc.bu.edu/gms/ohs/.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users