aquascore

10+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I interview on March 28 at Boston University. Has anyone heard from them?

HurricaneAlana

10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2007
Long Island
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I interviewed on feb 28 n haven't heard back.. When I call and asked they said that if I haven't heard back that means no decision has been made... I also asked if the decision was no if they do send rejection letters, and they said yes.. has anyone recieved a rejection letter? I just keep hearing of people not hearing back...

bennijai

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 23, 2006
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
interviewed mar 17th. another member on sdn interviewed mar 28th, we all havent heard anything yet. there was someone on sdn that interviewed mar 11th, but he heard in 10 days...

i called yesterday, they basically said what alana said, if decision is made, AADSAS will update, then email, then snail mail.

About the Ads

tamkhan

Kala Budha
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
SDN
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I know 3 people who have been rejected. They interviewed in March, as well. If you guys haven't heard back, hang in there; you're still in the competition.:)

Lilindian2385

10+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2008
Indiana
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I had my interview March 3rd and have yet to hear back. Also called in and asked if a decision had been made, the answer was no. I assume this is a good thing....at least I've convinced myself of that. Hopefully we find out before May 15th so we can all save a couple grand.

moodent

10+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
i also interviewed mid march and feel like im sitting on pins and needles every day waiting for the mail. i called yesterday and was told the same thing, that if i still didnt hear from them then that means no decision has been made. i just wonder how long this is going to take :/

rjs38

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
i interviewed in nov. and still haven't heard anything i'm sure this isn't something those of you that haven't heard anything want to hear but its the truth..their adcom seemed a little shady to me from my experiences

bennijai

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 23, 2006
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
seems like a lot of people have just been waiting around. i wonder whats going on...

RSamR20

Dental Enthusiast
10+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2007
Los Angeles
csun.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey everybody. I interviewed March 28th and have been "sitting on pins and needles" as well. I really hope the best for all of us and I want you guys to know that as soon as I hear anything I'll open up a thread to inform you all. Take care everyone... hang on... and good luck.

ernest1284

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2006
RI
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Hey Guys,

I actually interviewed on January 28th and haven't heard anything since

burnthestatus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
well, guys heres something even crazier: i interviewed there end of Nov., and still haven't heard back. But, Im not too stressed about that now.

Hurricane: a very pretty avatar.

About the Ads

moodent

10+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
wow.... end of november?? thats insane!
when i called and asked how long this would take, they told me up until the end of the admission cycle, which they said could be the end of the summer.

and for those of you who are waiting just on BU like me and have no other dental school acceptances, what are you going to do? reapply for class of 2013????:eek:

bennijai

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 23, 2006
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
im going to do a one year masters program and re-apply for the 2014 cycle if i dont get into boston

rjs38

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
status update just received today from my nov 5 interview....Alternate list:thumbdown:..but since i have another acceptance i called and withdrew my app..good luck to those of you waiting to hear something :thumbup:

bennijai

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 23, 2006
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
status update just received today from my nov 5 interview....Alternate list:thumbdown:..but since i have another acceptance i called and withdrew my app..good luck to those of you waiting to hear something :thumbup:

so that means decisions has been made? hm...nothing for me yet...

Ninster

10+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2008
Oh Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
One of my friends got in for this fall! I don't know when she interviewed or what - I just heard from her last week

dreaming2k5

Where's the beef?
10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Nothing against BU, but people kinda like to drop out of the incoming class at the last two weeks or so and crapload of waitlist spot opens. They'd then go down the list and call each of the rejects up and find out whether or not they got in a school yet. Because it's done so late, a lot of dumb people makes it into the class at the last moment. So hang in there, you might be able to get in even if you're at the bottom of the list and rejected from everyone!

About the Ads

anon1025

10+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Got letter stating im waitlisted. Interviewed middle of march. No change in AADSAS, yet. Anyone know if you can call and ask them your rank on waitlist?

RSamR20

Dental Enthusiast
10+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2007
Los Angeles
csun.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I'm sure you all agree with me when I say that AADSAS is useless. I just checked my mail (snail mail) and received a letter telling me that I have been placed on the alternate list. My AADSAS shows no update. I interviewed on March 28th. I'm praying for some spots to open. Good luck everyone.

anon1025

10+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Anyone know how many people they put on the waitlist? I have heard around 20-30...Please post any info you get on this thread.:thumbup:

bennijai

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 23, 2006
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
ok now im thinking. if people are getting wait list offers now, does that mean people who havent heard back are getting rejections?

anon1025

10+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
They way I see it is, if you havent heard back for the longest time, its either waitlist or rejection. They are probably trying to get you a waitlist spot if possible? People who got in, usually get their acceptance letters pretty damn fast.

Topgun

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2006
Beantown
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Well, I just got approved for deferral for a year, so that opens up one more seat for someone this year. I hope it goes to one my fellow SDNers.

Good luck to all of you that are waiting!!!

About the Ads

RSamR20

Dental Enthusiast
10+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2007
Los Angeles
csun.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
OH WOW!!! Congratulations! If I were you I'd be on my way to Vegas right now. Go celebrate!

Thanks so much for the update and keep your fingers crossed for us. Hope to see you there next year!

Niblick

Golf is Good
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I Just Got An Acceptance Letter In The Mail!!!!!

Hey congratulations!! Looks like re-taking the DAT paid off. Is Boston at the top of your list of schools you're waiting to hear from? Just curious if you'd pick Boston over Case because we are both on "hold" at Case ... and that would give me a little more hope to get in at Case. But I totally understand if you want to wait and see what happens after the committee at Case meets again.

HurricaneAlana

10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2007
Long Island
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Hey congratulations!! Looks like re-taking the DAT paid off. Is Boston at the top of your list of schools you're waiting to hear from? Just curious if you'd pick Boston over Case because we are both on "hold" at Case ... and that would give me a little more hope to get in at Case. But I totally understand if you want to wait and see what happens after the committee at Case meets again.

I am very happy about BU and will be sending a deposit. I will however be waiting to hear from UMDNJ and Case. Good luck to you, and everyone else still waiting!!!

anon1025

10+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I will be letting go my waitlist seat soon @ BU, hopefully that helps one of guys out. Going to NYU. Good luck people!:luck::luck::luck:

ernest1284

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2006
RI
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Yup still waiting........ I dont think im going to get in though.......

qwerty86

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I will call them and ask to take me off the waitlist. That will make some diff. if any. :thumbup:

tamkhan

Kala Budha
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
SDN
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
guys, the wait list will move. it's just a matter of time. last year, 35 people withdrew after making a deposit. so, 35 spots opened up on the wait list. that's a lot!

good luck to everyone! :D

bennijai

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 23, 2006
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
guys, the wait list will move. it's just a matter of time. last year, 35 people withdrew after making a deposit. so, 35 spots opened up on the wait list. that's a lot!

good luck to everyone! :D

im not even on waitlist...im on...iono what im on, some continuing review pile?

moodent

10+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
yup me too. i still havent heard back since i interviewed.

T

Townie

hang in there! this friday (since they update adsas on fri) might bring big news because the may1st deadline passed...so maybe they made some decisions...

bennijai

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 23, 2006
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
hang in there! this friday (since they update adsas on fri) might bring big news because the may1st deadline passed...so maybe they made some decisions...

yea thats what i was assuming as well. cant wait to see what i get in the mail. haha

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.