Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats man, hope to see ya soon

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!!! You must be thrilled!! If you don't mind what were your stats...just so I can see where I stand in relation to other people who get off the waitlist.

good call....although i think they try to match the applicant who denies the spot with someone on the waitlist...whatever that means

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey.
Did anyone else get an email today from the predoctoral admissions coordinator, Laura?
I got one that re-informed me that I am on the alternate list, and I should write back if I am still interested in being considered for a spot.

Yep received that same email today. Has everyone heard a decision or has there still been some people who haven't yet been waitlisted?

got the same letter, hopefully theres some spots for us SDN'ers

Yea I received the letter as well. It would seem movement has finally begun for Boston. Good luck everyone.

i just got an email acceptance...something about having to complete the excel program first....i need to call for details but the office is obv closed now

i just got an email acceptance...something about having to complete the excel program first....i need to call for details but the office is obv closed now

congratulations! :) i think excel is mandatory for you. it's a good experience, i have heard. mainly for students who (according to BU), do not have as many upper level science courses as the rest of the batch.

congratulations! :) i think excel is mandatory for you. it's a good experience, i have heard. mainly for students who (according to BU), do not have as many upper level science courses as the rest of the batch.

What exactly is excel?

What exactly is excel?

It's a program to get you oriented to the City of Boston and the first year curriculum. It was a great experience for me because I was able to 1) Find an apartment and 2 roommates 2) Get to know the city 3) Get to know the school

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm also nervously waiting...nice to hear the good news and congrats to those who made it.

hi guys,
just wondering if y'll taking your DAT over, and if so...when are you taking them? and when are you submitting your application?!

also, for those of you got in, any word of how much the waitlists moves?

i hope i get the good news soon..although..im starting to lose hope!:confused:

the committee reviews waitlist applicants whenever there is space. waitlist movement continues to july 31st i believe.

i am planning on retaking the DAT this august and reapply next may after i finish my one year masters program. at this time, i am not relying on BU since they news of rejection/acceptance can come pretty late. i need to plan housing for my masters program soon.

Congratulations on your acceptance!

About your USC vs. BU question... I've heard similar criticism for both schools regarding the experience of attending and the city life. Seeing that you're from LA though, the major issues I can think of are the weather and lifestyle. Living in Boston is drastically different from life in LA (I have a couple of friends that have spent several years out there)... especially when it comes down to the bitter cold of winter. Anyway, the major academic difference is the traditional lecture based (didactic) program at BU and the PBL (problem based) program at USC. I feel like PBL would be a great experience especially if you're from the local area that the university is located in, but all in all, they're both dental schools and you'll come out the same from either one.

So good luck with your decision and make sure to let us know what you decided!

(If you need any inspiration just remember that there's a group of us over here on the wait list at BU still and we'll be your best friend if you give us a chance at your seat)

Cheers!

i just got in as well and will be doing the excel program....

Wow two in one day! I don't know if I should be excited or scared but I'm surely happy for you both! Congratulations Simplystressed!

One question... Is this all happening by e-mail?

looks like everyone that is on the waitlist is being accepted via email on mondays. simplystressed got accepted last monday, not today

myclue you are on the ball...i got in last monday via email.....excel program is mandatory for waitlist ppl i'm assuming...i heard it is a no pressure 1000 dollar program to get us acclimated (and get more money from us)....but overall i was planning on doing it regardless....the sooner i get settle the better (ie less stressful haha) it'll be.

congrats to those who got in. To those who are still on the waiting list, i just pulled my name from the waitlist so you will have slightly a better chance.

Best of luck to all.

Yeah the Celtics won. They totally blew out the Lakers.

Hey everyone.
I tried for the hat-trick of acceptances on Monday, but it had to wait until Tuesday. I received a phonecall, but also received an email asking to call and confirm. Good luck to everyone, and for those of you in the class, see you in Beantown!!

Hey everyone.
I tried for the hat-trick of acceptances on Monday, but it had to wait until Tuesday. I received a phonecall, but also received an email asking to call and confirm. Good luck to everyone, and for those of you in the class, see you in Beantown!!

what is the hat-trick of acceptances?? :confused:

lol yea what is hat trick

you got into 3 schools leafsfan? why did u pick BU

i just realized that its june 23rd...waitlist cycle ends at july 31st...time to move onto plan B? I think so.

Hey,

I acutally know someone thats turning down BU, she just got off the waitlist at another school, so you all still have some hope!

hey

does anybody know when the next deposit date is for incoming fall 2008 Bu dental students is? Is it July 1st?

THANKS!!

i just realized that its june 23rd...waitlist cycle ends at july 31st...time to move onto plan B? I think so.

I just got the "ACCEPTANCE" Phone call! :D:luck::love:
Guys, hang in there! i know how it feels BELIEVE ME!! Dont worry, just Keep in touch with them!

yea! congratz!
but where are you guys gonna live for this academic year?
I need to find a decent place near by school with a reasonable price or a roommate asap!
=( someone please help!

for those of you who are still waitlisted like me...
when do you think we should give up hope...realistically speaking?
because I would like to go on vacation this summer and I dont see that possible becuase I'm afraid the moment I go, I can be called and I'll have to come back. Do you think its safe to assume that it's pretty much over? I hate this inbetween phase :(

Hey, new to the site... Just got accepted last Thursday... See all that are at Boston soon... I need an apartment so does anyone have any good places to live?

I just got the "ACCEPTANCE" Phone call! :D:luck::love:
Guys, hang in there! i know how it feels BELIEVE ME!! Dont worry, just Keep in touch with them!

Hey townie,
did you find a place to live yet?

how do you guys keep in touch? i emailed dr. shaw, who interviewed me quite a few times, but have never received a reply. Anyone else i should email? do you guys call? thanks

Hey, guys I got accepted June 18th and have been looking for an apartment. Im heading down to Boston this weekend to look at a couple places and sign a lease.

Hi there,

I'm just finishing up at BU Med and found an apartment on Washington between Newton and Mass. Ave (on the nicer, trendier side of Mass Ave., next to Flour Bakery) right next to the Med campus. It's 5 min. from the very trendy Tremont St., 10 min. from the Prudential center and downtown Boston. Very accessible to the T station and buslines, as well as the BU shuttle. The apartment is beautiful, a 2 bedroom with very large living room, very large bedrooms, lots of sunlight, and a newly renovated and spacious kitchen. It's in a well-kept apartment complex (Deacon Court, many of the BU students live here) and there is an open courtyard with grills for the residents as well as laundry on the 1st floor. I'd prefer to live with a female who is clean and easy going. Oh, and the place is available for moving in beginning Sept. 1st and is a year-long lease. Rent is 1125 per person, not counting utilities, plus one month's rent for the realtor's fee. Ping me if you're interested!

just got pulled off the waitlist last thursday (7/10).
when i got that magic call from Laura, i was so excited that i think i may have even told her that she was like an angel to me and i loved her or something like that....

anywayz, this thread has been a great encouragement to me during my time of need and although i've never posted anything here before, i felt sorta obliged to let u all know that people are still getting accepted off the waitlist.

BU has been my first choice all along so u can't imagine how grateful and excited i am right now.
BEST of luck to those of u still waiting (either from BU or elsewhere), i know it seems late and it's very difficult to handle (i KNOW becuz i've been there), but it is still possible.
also keep in mind that for those of us who were waitlisted and didn't get in, we'll be aadcoms priorities for the next cycle.

God really works in a strange way. but whatever happens in the future i'm sure He knows what's best for each and every one of us and will lead us to the right path in life. let's all trust Him (not exclusively in the Judeo-Christian sense) and try to stay positive. Help is on the way!

just got pulled off the waitlist last thursday (7/10).
when i got that magic call from Laura, i was so excited that i think i may have even told her that she was like an angel to me and i loved her or something like that....

anywayz, this thread has been a great encouragement to me during my time of need and although i've never posted anything here before, i felt sorta obliged to let u all know that people are still getting accepted off the waitlist.

BU has been my first choice all along so u can't imagine how grateful and excited i am right now.
BEST of luck to those of u still waiting (either from BU or elsewhere), i know it seems late and it's very difficult to handle (i KNOW becuz i've been there), but it is still possible.
also keep in mind that for those of us who were waitlisted and didn't get in, we'll be aadcoms priorities for the next cycle.

God really works in a strange way. but whatever happens in the future i'm sure He knows what's best for each and every one of us and will lead us to the right path in life. let's all trust Him (not exclusively in the Judeo-Christian sense) and try to stay positive. Help is on the way!

Whoa that's some crazy late acceptance. Congratulation!!!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Did you find an apartment yet? I am looking for one close to the school. I am very interested in James Court but would like to share a two bedroom with another guy. Any interest or other ideas regarding housing?

I am looking for an apartment and a roommate. Have you had any luck finding a place? Please let me know.

was deciding among "Garrison Square," "James Court" and "Lofts at East Berkeley" for one-bedroom apment / loft
but having a roommate would be cool (and money-saving), for a two-bedroom apartment.
r u currently in boston?