You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD
Started by cubsrule4e
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I did a quick ISO while I’m eating my Mac and cheese.Can you talk about what triggered the weird vibes?
First post when she brings up the angleshooting reasons of role PMs going out.Actually for the opposite exact reason
yeet zuriburi
Cause he got his role way faster than me and ams innocent.
Fishing to find out villagers who have a high bowling score, came off to me as a weird joke, like a wolf trying to fit in.Who did cubs assign as the best at bowling over here? You re my new favorite person
Another odd joke that seemed wolfyWhy what else would you be??
Same as above, another lupine jokeIf WW has taught me anything, the more I play the more villagey I can become
All of these posts remind me of my favorite gif:
Brings up the angleshooting AGAIN even though it’s NAIStill attached to the idea though that if you got your role earlier you must have a PR…
Defends AM as village based on the bounty hunting game, except AM was 3P in that game.I second that, I was AM's sidecar in the BoWWnty game and her attitude was similar to what I see here. I think she legit got annoyed at genny. But I also buy that genny's vote on AM was a joke and then she prolonged that conversation. The whole genny - AM discussion doesn't seem wolfy to me yet.
Another odd joke, like the tone and a slight sprinkle of sus towards Mel.You'd have to forgive the noobest of us, he does stand out....
Brought up the angleshooting AGAIN and lightly mentions that supposedly she is vanilla. Doesn’t make sense to me because she’s experienced enough at this point to know there’s no benefit to role revealing or telling the thread whether or not you have a PR, but claiming you’re vanilla will make sure the wolves don’t target you.Same Blue, like our last game you seem very analytical and logic-driven. That comment is my own tinfoil theory. It's only based on the data I have about zuri, he got his role way faster than me I got no PRs no nothing.
Seems to backtrack and preemptively apologize. Stood out to me like she was trying to poke someone and sprinkle sus, but then backtrack her thoughts.Sorry again for saying you stand out, my only experience playing with you is when you were a tree stump and you weren't participating as much. I'm not saying I'm reading you wolf or village.
Trying too hard to explain herself and unyeet her joking vote. I do hope she’s feeling okay and recovering from Covid though!Don't kill me off and I'll reward y' all with bunnies!
Also, before I forget
unyeet Octodocto
cause I like his poems.
Me and Zuri are at home with covid so I'll take tomorrow to think more carefully about my vote. Goodnight!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
yeet ZengeAdds to list of things to say when opening a PM with Dubz
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I will ponder this but I am tickled that I knew what the gif was before I opened the spoilerI did a quick ISO while I’m eating my Mac and cheese.
First post when she brings up the angleshooting reasons of role PMs going out.
Fishing to find out villagers who have a high bowling score, came off to me as a weird joke, like a wolf trying to fit in.
Another odd joke that seemed wolfy
Same as above, another lupine joke
All of these posts remind me of my favorite gif:
![]()
Brings up the angleshooting AGAIN even though it’s NAI
Defends AM as village based on the bounty hunting game, except AM was 3P in that game.
Another odd joke, like the tone and a slight sprinkle of sus towards Mel.
Brought up the angleshooting AGAIN and lightly mentions that supposedly she is vanilla. Doesn’t make sense to me because she’s experienced enough at this point to know there’s no benefit to role revealing or telling the thread whether or not you have a PR, but claiming you’re vanilla will make sure the wolves don’t target you.
Seems to backtrack and preemptively apologize. Stood out to me like she was trying to poke someone and sprinkle sus, but then backtrack her thoughts.
Trying too hard to explain herself and unyeet her joking vote. I do hope she’s feeling okay and recovering from Covid though!

WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
@samac I'm doubling your post count again
inb4 sporty angery
inb4 sporty angery
I missed that somehow. This is the most incriminating one to me since in the noob game fluff was routinely urging people not to role reveal or make any hints at PRs in the noob game.Brought up the angleshooting AGAIN and lightly mentions that supposedly she is vanilla. Doesn’t make sense to me because she’s experienced enough at this point to know there’s no benefit to role revealing or telling the thread whether or not you have a PR, but claiming you’re vanilla will make sure the wolves don’t target you.
@justafluff Any comment?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Ok your turnI have a few more things from that initial feeling I had, but I’ll wait until Alley responds to this.
Fwiw I gave me the heebie jeebies in the noob game when people were wolf reading me and my own username was in the chatJust going to go ahead and mention that stoat opened a PM with me last night and the opening post contained the phrase "Yes, just going to assume you're village" which is still giving me the heebie-jeebies hours later.
Holy **** I’m so far behind.
A coworker has Covid so I’m covering 2 services, I still have a therapy patient this afternoon and supervision tonight, but I’m free now so let’s get it i guess?
A coworker has Covid so I’m covering 2 services, I still have a therapy patient this afternoon and supervision tonight, but I’m free now so let’s get it i guess?
Ok your turn![]()
This stood out to me actually for a different reason. It felt like Fluff was trying to fish a little bit and get a soft confirmation about the existence of a PR in Stoat’s slot or lack there of. Like wolf chat was like “we need to try and figure out who has a PR so we can prioritize NKs” and this read like a clumsy attempt to fish for that.Still attached to the idea though that if you got your role earlier you must have a PR…
justafluff
Good skelegg
I guess that’s for me and I apologize. The main reason I made that comment was to be playful. I’m not asking anyone to role reveal. It was mainly to state my own, and in retrospect I shouldn’t have done that, as AM mentioned.This doesn’t really make sense to me and her comment read as fishing to me, but then I’ve never been a noob villager so I suppose I might just not understand the mindset.
Don’t you have slides to be looking at@samac I'm doubling your post count again![]()
inb4 sporty angery
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
No I have application packets to be looking atDon’t you have slides to be looking at![]()
Go do it before I drive to you and beat you for your post countNo I have application packets to be looking at![]()
justafluff
Good skelegg
I said that while defending @Truenamer for saying Mel has wolf vibes. I haven’t voted for Mel, nor I intend to today.I’m not known for reading Mel well, but why do you say that?
This feels weird to me. The votes on Mel at this point were jokes, Lawpy, Dubz, Vis (at least that’s how I interpreted them), but this feels like trying to add legitimacy and grow the largest wagon by throwing shade from a distance. It’s not much but this pings me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Make meGo do it before I drive to you and beat you for your post count
justafluff
Good skelegg
Why? Truenamer said the same to meJust going to go ahead and mention that stoat opened a PM with me last night and the opening post contained the phrase "Yes, just going to assume you're village" which is still giving me the heebie-jeebies hours later.
Wait what? Like word for word? DamnWhy? Truenamer said the same to me
justafluff
Good skelegg
Fair, I’ve been more jokey than the other games. if you want me to explain the vibes just ask me on anything I saidOkay it wasn’t actually as long as I thought it was going to be.
I’m getting some weird vibes from fluffy. Thinking on this some more, but for now I want to
Yeet justafluff
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
I don't think word for word, but yeah I gave her the same general "for my sanity I'm going to assume the person I'm paired with is village until proven otherwise"Wait what? Like word for word? Damn
I must say, as much as I love Mayor Fluff, @justafluff is definitely sticking out to me this game. I haven't played with most of you so I can't go off of much but Fluff saying they were a vanillager was very weird. There was no point to role reveal on D1 with no risk of being yoten.
Also, the whole "I got my PM before/after my SO" thing in relation to PRs from both Stoat & Fluff weirds me out. Again, comes across as sharing info that wasn't necessary at this point in the game and feels like they are trying to target people already. It also felt somewhat collaborative to me, as if they discussed saying this elsewhere- and we know they are not PM buddies
Also, the whole "I got my PM before/after my SO" thing in relation to PRs from both Stoat & Fluff weirds me out. Again, comes across as sharing info that wasn't necessary at this point in the game and feels like they are trying to target people already. It also felt somewhat collaborative to me, as if they discussed saying this elsewhere- and we know they are not PM buddies
Definitely don't assume that even for sanity reasons. I've seen villagers sandwiched between two wolves in a PM chain. If you have a reason to village read someone outside of that it's fine, but RNG doesn't care about collateral pocketing damage.I don't think word for word, but yeah I gave her the same general "for my sanity I'm going to assume the person I'm paired with is village until proven otherwise"
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Because no villager should assume anyone else is village without any reason, especially in PMs.Why? Truenamer said the same to me
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
In Stoat's case, I think she mostly wanted to tease me because she got her PM before I did. I do want to let people know that we're not discussing the game in Real Life outside of stuff like "Oh hey you got mentioned".I must say, as much as I love Mayor Fluff, @justafluff is definitely sticking out to me this game. I haven't played with most of you so I can't go off of much but Fluff saying they were a vanillager was very weird. There was no point to role reveal on D1 with no risk of being yoten.
Also, the whole "I got my PM before/after my SO" thing in relation to PRs from both Stoat & Fluff weirds me out. Again, comes across as sharing info that wasn't necessary at this point in the game and feels like they are trying to target people already. It also felt somewhat collaborative to me, as if they discussed saying this elsewhere- and we know they are not PM buddies
That's sort of my issue though. It felt like you were testing the waters with a little shade without getting your hands dirty.I haven’t voted for Mel, nor I intend to today.
I think several people have called out fluff for role revealing and she hasn't addressed why she said that. This is the biggest thing I have to go off of today.
Unyeet Samac
Yeet justafluff
Unyeet Samac
Yeet justafluff
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
I am a big fluff defender but I'll agree that it's stereotypically wolf-y to go out of your way to clarify how normal of a villager you are 😬I think several people have called out fluff for role revealing and she hasn't addressed why she said that. This is the biggest thing I have to go off of today.
Unyeet Samac
Yeet justafluff
Moar tiny pingsI am in agreement with Vis, I did not understand what the Pippy quote had to do with anything.
NO ANGLESHOOTING OMG
(Seriously please stop, it’s not a good way to judge things). Also I know y’all are together, but you really shouldn’t be discussing the game IRL if you can help it.
Your interpretation made more sense to me so I appreciate it.
That would be a nightmare
It’s okay, my SO doesn’t like the idea of me inviting y’all to our wedding 😂
Doesn’t she get the D1 pass since she just modded? Unless you’re counting bounty hunting since then but they technically overlapped?
Ugh I might be the only person who felt better about Vis this game? She doesn’t feel like she did in Casino, but I was also defending her in that game so now I’m questioning my own reads.
I feel you, I’ve spent almost my entire lunch break just catching up on the thread.
She is 10000% capable of yelling about and even pocketing people in PMs as a wolf. I’m not giving Samac a village lean for what she’s posted so far.
Guess I'm keeping you in my village leans
justafluff
Good skelegg
I mean... it sounds like you're trying to yeet me for bad humor. Everyone is making jokes on D1 and I still have 0 clue on who's a wolf. On my first jokes, @zuriburi is my partner so I was teasing him for being all "I'm a villagey villager from the village".I did a quick ISO while I’m eating my Mac and cheese.
First post when she brings up the angleshooting reasons of role PMs going out.
Fishing to find out villagers who have a high bowling score, came off to me as a weird joke, like a wolf trying to fit in.
Another odd joke that seemed wolfy
Same as above, another lupine joke
All of these posts remind me of my favorite gif:
![]()
Brings up the angleshooting AGAIN even though it’s NAI
Defends AM as village based on the bounty hunting game, except AM was 3P in that game.
Another odd joke, like the tone and a slight sprinkle of sus towards Mel.
Brought up the angleshooting AGAIN and lightly mentions that supposedly she is vanilla. Doesn’t make sense to me because she’s experienced enough at this point to know there’s no benefit to role revealing or telling the thread whether or not you have a PR, but claiming you’re vanilla will make sure the wolves don’t target you.
Trying too hard to explain herself and unyeet her joking vote. I do hope she’s feeling okay and recovering from Covid though!
On saying that I'm vanilla, I did that in the speed game too, it's not the first time. I've never lied about my role in games, in the noob game I hinted pretty early on that I had a PR. And, I felt that if I reveal that now, I'll be saving my ass from a NK. Which in retrospect is wrong, as @Animal Midwife stated, I shouldn't be excluding myself from the pool of villagers, since someone else more important will take the hit. I'm truly sorry 🙁
On AM - genny, my immediate thought was that one of them is a wolf trying to start a fight. But remembering my experience as AM's sidecar in the BoWWnty game (only experience I have playing with her), she seems to be straightforward and brassy anyway. So, having the experience of lots of village on village violence situations from noob game, I thought that this is probably not a wolf tactic. I'm not saying they can't be wolves and not defending anyone. Just AM's attitude in this game is very similar to her attitude in the BoWWnty game.
Also, is it bad that I'm sus of Mel? It's not just my opinion that he seems wolfy all the time.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The speed at which i just read 6 pages is less than ideal. Im not getting too many vibes which is usual for D1. From my memory Genny, AM, Mel and Lawpy feel typical - things I would have previously been overthinking but 🤷🏻♀️. SP seems less involved than what I remember and came on quickly after this WZ post..I think that leaves sporty
So I might just reread and see what I find. In the meantime...
A little interested that my vote for Ivy didnt bring more to thread from them? Maybe they are being told to ignore it elsewhere
Also so much quoting conversations to follow, making my brain hurt.
Okay okay okay I’m here.
Least I ain’t sweatin


I quoted this because it didn’t have a quote it was tied to. Who were your referencing?Again, thin logic, it could change as the game continues, but it just occurred to me that I wouldn't have responded that way if I were a first time wolf.
Interesting.Oh, I know that I'm definitely going to be more of a target than the average person. But there may be reasons why I don't mind that.
Some people are good at getting reads day one. I particularly find it useful to get village leans.I do find it interesting how much strategizing is going on in the first day. For more experienced players- how much can you actually figure out in the first day without any info from NAs or NKs? Is it actually productive to put so much thought into it?
AgreedIt's a point of much contention. I consider it a wasted day to not strategize and interact with people d1. You might not catch a wolf, sure, but it provides more data to look back at later. Elevate village play and wolves have to try to keep up to stay out of the POE.
We probably don't vote out wolves d1 any more often than we would by chance, but at least for me...I seem to get better reads from more active d1s. Usually.
I kinda like this guy. He reminds me of a young zenge.And this is basically why I've been comfortable dropping my feelings about people. It's really hard to find wolves with no hard information, but if you shake the room and some people act odd, it at least tells you who to pay attention to.
And I'm brand new, so I'm not as worried about seeming weird. You guys don't know me yet, everything I do is weird.
Mine stares angrily at me every time I start a game.It suddenly occurs to me that a few of you now have gotten your SOs to play after you've played like one game, and yet here I am after almost 8 years and Hubz still refuses
I agree.hmm truey is coming across as genuine to me
That would be a bad call dubz.Oh, I forgot samac? Maybe I'll yeet samac, that could be interesting.
Hi AM. Why you including me and april with people who have <10 posts? I’ve been here.I'd like to hear more from @youngkal, @samac, @IvyMoose, @Aprilthearab, @zuriburi, @OctopusDoctorpus, and @WorthlessOxygen.
Oh yeah, she’d have to yell about it, then open it and then sweat for the whole game that she’s going to rojo in the wrong PM.Do you think wolf!samac is incapable of yelling about PMs?
Least I ain’t sweatin
To be fair though, I was converted. I wasn’t a wolf the whole time. You already had a full trust in me.I am in agreement with Vis, I did not understand what the Pippy quote had to do with anything.
NO ANGLESHOOTING OMG
(Seriously please stop, it’s not a good way to judge things). Also I know y’all are together, but you really shouldn’t be discussing the game IRL if you can help it.
Your interpretation made more sense to me so I appreciate it.
That would be a nightmare
It’s okay, my SO doesn’t like the idea of me inviting y’all to our wedding 😂
Doesn’t she get the D1 pass since she just modded? Unless you’re counting bounty hunting since then but they technically overlapped?
Ugh I might be the only person who felt better about Vis this game? She doesn’t feel like she did in Casino, but I was also defending her in that game so now I’m questioning my own reads.
I feel you, I’ve spent almost my entire lunch break just catching up on the thread.
She is 10000% capable of yelling about and even pocketing people in PMs as a wolf. I’m not giving Samac a village lean for what she’s posted so far.
Ya know what? I realize that should be scary, but Alissa (I think it was Alissa?) opened one with me in England and was like “I just want to have a level of trust in each other” and it worked out. Live a little, dubz.Just going to go ahead and mention that stoat opened a PM with me last night and the opening post contained the phrase "Yes, just going to assume you're village" which is still giving me the heebie-jeebies hours later.
Adds to list of things to say when opening a PM with Dubz
Dubz, I taught you better than this.Because no villager should assume anyone else is village without any reason, especially in PMs.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
No you didn't, you rojo'd to me 😛Dubz, I taught you better than this.
And I blindly trusted you.No you didn't, you rojo'd to me 😛
See PMs good.
Also, want to lean AM village. That’s about all I got.
justafluff
Good skelegg
You'd think that, but I'm pretty sure the wolves in this game are more mature than that.I am a big fluff defender but I'll agree that it's stereotypically wolf-y to go out of your way to clarify how normal of a villager you are 😬
I can address this. Weve both been stuck at home with my COVID and I was eagerly awaiting my role and also not sure how the forum worked and other than saying “oh i got my role!” and questions about the workings (and notworkings, that app is janky! And it’s generally hard to figure out how to catch up where you left off when there are SO MANY POSTS) of the forum we haven’t discussed the game. I have no idea why she would have announced herself as vanilla and I also think that’s sus.I must say, as much as I love Mayor Fluff, @justafluff is definitely sticking out to me this game. I haven't played with most of you so I can't go off of much but Fluff saying they were a vanillager was very weird. There was no point to role reveal on D1 with no risk of being yoten.
Also, the whole "I got my PM before/after my SO" thing in relation to PRs from both Stoat & Fluff weirds me out. Again, comes across as sharing info that wasn't necessary at this point in the game and feels like they are trying to target people already. It also felt somewhat collaborative to me, as if they discussed saying this elsewhere- and we know they are not PM buddies
But my current biggest suspicions are of viscernable… I think this might be noob bias but true looking into am and concluding that they’re always antagonistic without collecting precise data points and examples feels like a totally reasonable thing to do, and I feel like the way that vis needled at that behavior while also claiming to be going easy on true for being a noob feels like some shady attempts to cast legitimate detective work as nooby bumbling. I know some other people have mentioned suspicions and hesitancies with those suspicions so I’d love to know what others’ rationales are, but for me…
unyeet truenamer
yeet viscernable
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I still think anyone deciding to blindly trust me of all people has a couple of screws loose 😛And I blindly trusted you.
See PMs good.
I don’t think I ever said I was normal…I still think anyone deciding to blindly trust me of all people has a couple of screws loose 😛
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
But it says right next to your name that you're an un-yeetable non-wolf, and the forum wouldn't lie to me, would it? 🥺I still think anyone deciding to blindly trust me of all people has a couple of screws loose 😛
@zuriburi I'm not sure if Fluff is wolfy or not, but I do know that revealing that they are a vanillager hurts village if it's true. I just don't like it. I also hope that you both feel better soon!!
It’s all feels. That’s the only way I can read Mel. Tone and some intangible thing that I can’t explain at all.I’m not known for reading Mel well, but why do you say that?
I hadn't heard from you in multiple hours and I was outposting you.Hi AM. Why you including me and april with people who have <10 posts? I’ve been here.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
No no, I've been told that you need a multi-page textual analysis to have opinions 😜It’s all feels. That’s the only way I can read Mel. Tone and some intangible thing that I can’t explain at all.
Gotcha.I hadn't heard from you in multiple hours and I was outposting you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe you do, but I have a reputation to uphold.No no, I've been told that you need a multi-page textual analysis to have opinions 😜
I like you.No no, I've been told that you need a multi-page textual analysis to have opinions 😜
90% of my reads are feels based.
I don’t like text walls. Only did it earlier as I was catching up. I also don’t like being behind.
Unyeet AM
Yeah, I think these are definitely fair points on Vissy. In general she tends to be one of the more sketchy players and an early misyeet for similar reasoning as this. They're fair points for sure and I've seen her do that as a wolf, but I've seen the same points made against Village!Vissy. I'm personally neutral on her at the moment.I can address this. Weve both been stuck at home with my COVID and I was eagerly awaiting my role and also not sure how the forum worked and other than saying “oh i got my role!” and questions about the workings (and notworkings, that app is janky! And it’s generally hard to figure out how to catch up where you left off when there are SO MANY POSTS) of the forum we haven’t discussed the game. I have no idea why she would have announced herself as vanilla and I also think that’s sus.
But my current biggest suspicions are of viscernable… I think this might be noob bias but true looking into am and concluding that they’re always antagonistic without collecting precise data points and examples feels like a totally reasonable thing to do, and I feel like the way that vis needled at that behavior while also claiming to be going easy on true for being a noob feels like some shady attempts to cast legitimate detective work as nooby bumbling. I know some other people have mentioned suspicions and hesitancies with those suspicions so I’d love to know what others’ rationales are, but for me…
unyeet truenamer
yeet viscernable
Out of curiosity, has anyone here PM’d with Vissy before?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 98K