BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I think these are definitely fair points on Vissy. In general she tends to be one of the more sketchy players and an early misyeet for similar reasoning as this. They're fair points for sure and I've seen her do that as a wolf, but I've seen the same points made against Village!Vissy. I'm personally neutral on her at the moment.
I read through her posts, I'm neutral on her as well. And alleycat too, even though she called me out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it normal Lawpy behavior to have so many posts in a row responding to individual posts?
It seemed strange to me how many responses there were (a couple pages back on the thread) and I couldn't pick up on anything particularly useful from it
Yep. It is.
I once ISO’d his like 600 posts. It was painful.
 
It's game 1 so I am a little bit lost in the sauce, but I'm going to break my radio silence to give some insight into my thoughts here.

The points brought up regarding fluff resonate with me a little. I'm questioning the role reveal without any fire to cause it. It seems like it could be an instance of overselling village.
Something else I'm questioning which I think was brought up already is in page 4 when Lawpy questioned if the bowling scores applied to wolves too. Overselling or nah?

In other news, YEET IvyMoose for the time being to see if it can encourage more conversation. (I know I'm guilty of being quiet too 🙂)
 
It's game 1 so I am a little bit lost in the sauce, but I'm going to break my radio silence to give some insight into my thoughts here.

The points brought up regarding fluff resonate with me a little. I'm questioning the role reveal without any fire to cause it. It seems like it could be an instance of overselling village.
Something else I'm questioning which I think was brought up already is in page 4 when Lawpy questioned if the bowling scores applied to wolves too. Overselling or nah?

In other news, YEET IvyMoose for the time being to see if it can encourage more conversation. (I know I'm guilty of being quiet too 🙂)
Do you have any village reads so far?
 
Fwiw re Fluff I do believe that she would have thought of the vanilla reveal not really mattering as much as a PR reveal without considering that it might help wolves figure out who has PRs bc I definitely never considered that a vanilla reveal still gives wolves helpful information
 
I am in the same boat as Sporty re: need to come back to this fresher. As far as Mel's circling on True goes: seems weird to me, like centering on the odd one out more than proper wolf hunting. It almost makes me put Mel in neutral. If it were a noob game, where odd things spark bandwagons, it could be wolfy to single out True. Here it seems like it could be an effort to circle a particular player, or it could be a misguided villager convinced they're on to something (when it's a new player figuring out the game and forum without a manator).
Hmm, how are you reading vissy? 🤔
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So role-reveal without any fire to cause it is wolfy
But role-revealing when in danger is wolfy too.
If I was a wolf, I wouldn't go out of my way to make jokes about it just so y'all know, I'm smarter than that.
 
I’m not known for reading Mel well, but why do you say that?

This feels weird to me. The votes on Mel at this point were jokes, Lawpy, Dubz, Vis (at least that’s how I interpreted them), but this feels like trying to add legitimacy and grow the largest wagon by throwing shade from a distance. It’s not much but this pings me.
This is interesting 🤔
 
I did a quick ISO while I’m eating my Mac and cheese.


First post when she brings up the angleshooting reasons of role PMs going out.

Fishing to find out villagers who have a high bowling score, came off to me as a weird joke, like a wolf trying to fit in.

Another odd joke that seemed wolfy

Same as above, another lupine joke
All of these posts remind me of my favorite gif:

steve buscemi youth GIF

Brings up the angleshooting AGAIN even though it’s NAI


Defends AM as village based on the bounty hunting game, except AM was 3P in that game.


Another odd joke, like the tone and a slight sprinkle of sus towards Mel.


Brought up the angleshooting AGAIN and lightly mentions that supposedly she is vanilla. Doesn’t make sense to me because she’s experienced enough at this point to know there’s no benefit to role revealing or telling the thread whether or not you have a PR, but claiming you’re vanilla will make sure the wolves don’t target you.


Seems to backtrack and preemptively apologize. Stood out to me like she was trying to poke someone and sprinkle sus, but then backtrack her thoughts.


Trying too hard to explain herself and unyeet her joking vote. I do hope she’s feeling okay and recovering from Covid though!
Interesting case on fluffy 🤔
 
So role-reveal without any fire to cause it is wolfy
But role-revealing when in danger is wolfy too.
If I was a wolf, I wouldn't go out of my way to make jokes about it just so y'all know, I'm smarter than that.
I don't think the bolded is true. I just usually don't factor it in my decision to form a read on someone barring special conditions.
 
I just have such trouble distinguishing noob village behavior from noob wolf behavior.

Like actually I usually don't go after the very first person in a game to mention that they're vanilla. Usually that person isn't a wolf, for various reasons. Idk. It's not a hard disagreement, but a mild meh on the fluff wagon.
 
I can address this. Weve both been stuck at home with my COVID and I was eagerly awaiting my role and also not sure how the forum worked and other than saying “oh i got my role!” and questions about the workings (and notworkings, that app is janky! And it’s generally hard to figure out how to catch up where you left off when there are SO MANY POSTS) of the forum we haven’t discussed the game. I have no idea why she would have announced herself as vanilla and I also think that’s sus.

But my current biggest suspicions are of viscernable… I think this might be noob bias but true looking into am and concluding that they’re always antagonistic without collecting precise data points and examples feels like a totally reasonable thing to do, and I feel like the way that vis needled at that behavior while also claiming to be going easy on true for being a noob feels like some shady attempts to cast legitimate detective work as nooby bumbling. I know some other people have mentioned suspicions and hesitancies with those suspicions so I’d love to know what others’ rationales are, but for me…
unyeet truenamer
yeet viscernable
How are you reading Mels?
 
Frame 1 Official Voting Tally

Dubbie (1) - Sporty
AM (-) -
True (-) -
Mel (2) - Lawpy, Vis
Bluey (-) -
genny (1) - AM
Zuriburi (-) -
Samac (-) -
Puppy (-) -
Octopus (-) -
Fluff (3) - violet, alley, puppy
Violet (-) -
Lawpy (1) - Oxygen
Ivy (2) - kal, Octopus
Vis (1)- zuri

@justafluff, you are leading

9/23, many votes are missing.
(@vetmedhead, @Zenge142, @Melchizedek, @IvyMoose, @Aprilthearab, @potentialsheltervet, @bluestoats, @justafluff , @WildZoo , @Truenamer , @genny, @samac)

Day close: ~5.5 hours: 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND TODAY

1642713859026.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not wanting to be yoted? Classic wolf behavior!

Jokes aside, I'm going to vote to yeet Vis for now. Need to put it somewhere, and you've given me the worst vibes so far.
If I say come yeet me I’ll take one for the team, I’ll get called out for reverse psychology.
So well I’ll do my ISOs today and try to vote correctly. Least I can do 😞
 
If I say come yeet me I’ll take one for the team, I’ll get called out for reverse psychology.
So well I’ll do my ISOs today and try to vote correctly. Least I can do 😞
I just went in WIFOM circles.
If you’re village it would be bad to offer yourself up as a yeet, you’d push a wolf.
 
I'd like to hear more from @youngkal, @samac, @IvyMoose, @Aprilthearab, @zuriburi, @OctopusDoctorpus, and @WorthlessOxygen.
Welp 5 more pages to catch up on when I get home but my thoughts from yesterday: your interaction with Mel was about the only thing that stuck out. Not sure what to make of it though as neither felt necessarily wolf or village. Other than that, most of the conversation was jokes or references to past games so I don't have much to go off of.
 
Ok sorry everyone, just read through the thread again (but with minimal skimming this time). I need to do a little more ISO-ing and stuff but my initial thoughts right now are that it IS strange Fluff hinted they're vanillager but I think the context is important. Up front, no idea if Fluff is wolfy or not.
Same Blue, like our last game you seem very analytical and logic-driven. That comment is my own tinfoil theory. It's only based on the data I have about zuri, he got his role way faster than me I got no PRs no nothing.
Ok, this is the comment that set off the Fluff train (I feel like analyzing the jokes people make isn't the best way to go around wolfhunting, for me at least). Fluff quickly backtracks and apologizes after the flurry of accusations. While it initially came off as defensive to me, this is actually pretty on-brand for fluff compared to the noob game. This could easily go either way to me for fluff making a mistake (Fluff did have some village armor from being mayor in the noob game, so this is actually reasonable to me) or fluff trying to throw attention off themselves early on.

So role-reveal without any fire to cause it is wolfy
But role-revealing when in danger is wolfy too.
If I was a wolf, I wouldn't go out of my way to make jokes about it just so y'all know, I'm smarter than that.
I don't like this comment though, this is actually the wolfiest thing from Fluff so far to me.

Yes, but it’s risky to claim something when there’s other players that may have that power. Anyway, never played as a wolf so I can’t pretend to know the way they strategize. But if I was one, I’d wait till I’m in danger to claim whatever.
Oops, this one, too, actually. It fits with the Fluff brand but it's VERY wolfy, as if Fluff can't even IMAGINE being wolf (THE HORROR!). It's a very dramatic way of putting things from a villager.

Overall though, I feel like I'm not going to really be able to get any good reads on anyone until D2, when we have some blood on the ground. So for now, I'm unyeeting fluff just because it's so up in the air BUT I need to ISO some other accused people.

Side note: currently placing alley as village for now, as it doesn't ever make sense to me for a wolf to go after someone specific D1 (too risky, even from the reverse psychology angle).

Unyeet Fluff.
 
I did a quick ISO while I’m eating my Mac and cheese.


First post when she brings up the angleshooting reasons of role PMs going out.

Fishing to find out villagers who have a high bowling score, came off to me as a weird joke, like a wolf trying to fit in.

Another odd joke that seemed wolfy

Same as above, another lupine joke
All of these posts remind me of my favorite gif:

steve buscemi youth GIF

Brings up the angleshooting AGAIN even though it’s NAI


Defends AM as village based on the bounty hunting game, except AM was 3P in that game.


Another odd joke, like the tone and a slight sprinkle of sus towards Mel.


Brought up the angleshooting AGAIN and lightly mentions that supposedly she is vanilla. Doesn’t make sense to me because she’s experienced enough at this point to know there’s no benefit to role revealing or telling the thread whether or not you have a PR, but claiming you’re vanilla will make sure the wolves don’t target you.


Seems to backtrack and preemptively apologize. Stood out to me like she was trying to poke someone and sprinkle sus, but then backtrack her thoughts.


Trying too hard to explain herself and unyeet her joking vote. I do hope she’s feeling okay and recovering from Covid though!
These would all be fair points for an experienced player, but these kind of just seem like jokey noob things to me. I remember being scared ****less the first time I played with the veterans because all of them were very srs biznis and hounding the jokey lighthearted noobs
 
Ok sorry everyone, just read through the thread again (but with minimal skimming this time). I need to do a little more ISO-ing and stuff but my initial thoughts right now are that it IS strange Fluff hinted they're vanillager but I think the context is important. Up front, no idea if Fluff is wolfy or not.

Ok, this is the comment that set off the Fluff train (I feel like analyzing the jokes people make isn't the best way to go around wolfhunting, for me at least). Fluff quickly backtracks and apologizes after the flurry of accusations. While it initially came off as defensive to me, this is actually pretty on-brand for fluff compared to the noob game. This could easily go either way to me for fluff making a mistake (Fluff did have some village armor from being mayor in the noob game, so this is actually reasonable to me) or fluff trying to throw attention off themselves early on.


I don't like this comment though, this is actually the wolfiest thing from Fluff so far to me.


Oops, this one, too, actually. It fits with the Fluff brand but it's VERY wolfy, as if Fluff can't even IMAGINE being wolf (THE HORROR!). It's a very dramatic way of putting things from a villager.

Overall though, I feel like I'm not going to really be able to get any good reads on anyone until D2, when we have some blood on the ground. So for now, I'm unyeeting fluff just because it's so up in the air BUT I need to ISO some other accused people.

Side note: currently placing alley as village for now, as it doesn't ever make sense to me for a wolf to go after someone specific D1 (too risky, even from the reverse psychology angle).

Unyeet Fluff.
You should do more than just look into those that have already been accused. There are 21 (excluding yourself) players in this game.

What do you mean by going after someone specific? Anyone who votes will be doing that.
 
This stood out to me actually for a different reason. It felt like Fluff was trying to fish a little bit and get a soft confirmation about the existence of a PR in Stoat’s slot or lack there of. Like wolf chat was like “we need to try and figure out who has a PR so we can prioritize NKs” and this read like a clumsy attempt to fish for that.
Oh, forgot about that and somehow didn't see it in Alley's iso

That's weirder
 
Ok, this is the comment that set off the Fluff train (I feel like analyzing the jokes people make isn't the best way to go around wolfhunting, for me at least). Fluff quickly backtracks and apologizes after the flurry of accusations. While it initially came off as defensive to me, this is actually pretty on-brand for fluff compared to the noob game. This could easily go either way to me for fluff making a mistake (Fluff did have some village armor from being mayor in the noob game, so this is actually reasonable to me) or fluff trying to throw attention off themselves early on.

I don't like this comment though, this is actually the wolfiest thing from Fluff so far to me.

Oops, this one, too, actually. It fits with the Fluff brand but it's VERY wolfy, as if Fluff can't even IMAGINE being wolf (THE HORROR!). It's a very dramatic way of putting things from a villager.
Thank you!! To clarify, it's not that I can't imagine being a wolf, I actually said what I'd do if I was one. I'm just stating facts: in all the games I've played, I've been village.
 
You should do more than look into the accused. There are 21 (excluding yourself) players in this game.

What do you mean by going after someone specific? Anyone who votes will be doing that.
I meant as in a long, detailed, ISO-type specific post. While I realize wolves will eventually do this as well, anyone who writes a long post (especially early on) is going to be analyzed the next day. Wolves usually want to avoid any analysis, so it doesn't make sense for a wolf to put themselves out there so early on when their only goal right now is to successfully survive the day.

Wolves instead will likely choose someone (maybe with PR vibes) and then tack some reasoning on there so they don't look too suspicious. Long and short posts attract attention, medium-sized ones don't.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean... it sounds like you're trying to yeet me for bad humor. Everyone is making jokes on D1 and I still have 0 clue on who's a wolf. On my first jokes, @zuriburi is my partner so I was teasing him for being all "I'm a villagey villager from the village".
I initially thought this said "I still have 0 clue on how to wolf" and thought it was a wolf slip
On AM - genny, my immediate thought was that one of them is a wolf trying to start a fight. But remembering my experience as AM's sidecar in the BoWWnty game (only experience I have playing with her), she seems to be straightforward and brassy anyway. So, having the experience of lots of village on village violence situations from noob game, I thought that this is probably not a wolf tactic. I'm not saying they can't be wolves and not defending anyone. Just AM's attitude in this game is very similar to her attitude in the BoWWnty game.
v/v arguments are also very possible and happen in basically every game so it's usually not safe to assume two people fighting are of opposite affiliations
 
I meant as in a long, detailed, ISO-type specific post. While I realize wolves will eventually do this as well, anyone who writes a long post (especially early on) is going to be analyzed the next day. Wolves usually want to avoid any analysis, so it doesn't make sense for a wolf to put themselves out there so early on when their only goal right now is to successfully survive the day.

Wolves instead will likely choose someone (maybe with PR vibes) and then tack some reasoning on there so they don't look too suspicious. Long and short posts attract attention, medium-sized ones don't.
I disagree with moving people village for quote posts.
While some ISOs show real substance and can make me lean someone village, I think it can sometimes be easier to latch on to a few sketchy posts as a wolf to get the train rolling on a misyeet and you just look like a misguided villager. Powerwolfing my friend. Wolfing isn’t all just hiding in the shadows.