BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Frame 1 Official Voting Tally (as of post 787)

Dubbie (1) - Sporty
AM ()
True ()
Mel (2) - Lawpy, Vis
Bluey (-) -
genny (1) - AM
Zuriburi (-) -
Samac ()
Puppy ()
Octopus ()
Fluff (2) - alley, puppydr
Violet ()
Lawpy (1) - Oxygen
Ivy (2) - kal, Octo
Vis (2) - Zuri, DubZ
April (1) - vmh

TIES

13/23, many votes are missing.
(@Zenge142 @Melchizedek @IvyMoose @Aprilthearab @potentialsheltervet @bluestoat @justafluff @Truenamer @genny @samac @violetvett )

Day close: ~2.75 hours: 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND TODAY

[lost the attachment, whoops]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe, but be careful with that. Chronically inactive players might be mod-killed anyway so you don't want to waste your vote. In my opinion it's better to pick someone you could reasonably see being a wolf rather than targeting an inactive player just because you don't have a good read on them yet.
I have to disagree. In the noob game, the same argument was made when I kept questioning Miyamiya, and people told me not to waste my vote, but she ended up being a wolf. Now, Dana was the main boss of the game, and she was very active. I'm not saying target all inactive players but if someone seems sloppy and not around, there is a possibility that they are flying under the radar.
 
Can I ask which puppy posts you're nodding to? I thought they comprised of her suspecting fluff and being neutral on you.

I must say, as much as I love Mayor Fluff, @justafluff is definitely sticking out to me this game. I haven't played with most of you so I can't go off of much but Fluff saying they were a vanillager was very weird. There was no point to role reveal on D1 with no risk of being yoten.
Also, the whole "I got my PM before/after my SO" thing in relation to PRs from both Stoat & Fluff weirds me out. Again, comes across as sharing info that wasn't necessary at this point in the game and feels like they are trying to target people already. It also felt somewhat collaborative to me, as if they discussed saying this elsewhere- and we know they are not PM buddies
I just did a quick ISO and am leaning neutral for April. Most of her posts seem like jokes (but it is only D1) or like general WW strategy but not specific enough for my liking. She's mentioned names of other players but nothing concrete about them for me to work with- a lot of it was based on past games so that's not helpful for me. It reminds me of how TME (a wolf) played in our noob game - they were very helpful if we had questions about WW but hardly actually strategized about who was village or wolf. As of now though, I don't really have any solid village reads.
And yes, I like her post where she put some sus on me. I think it's a very fair assessment of how I've been playing so far, but it's how I tend to play D1 so hopefully it resolves.
 
I have to disagree. In the noob game, the same argument was made when I kept questioning Miyamiya, and people told me not to waste my vote, but she ended up being a wolf. Now, Dana was the main boss of the game, and she was very active. I'm not saying target all inactive players but if someone seems sloppy and not around, there is a possibility that they are flying under the radar.
I feel like "chronicaly inactive" is fairly NAI for most players, even if it annoys the hell out of AM

There are reasons to ghost as village just as much as there are to ghost as wolf. It's the content of the posts they do make that matters.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in agreement with Vis, I did not understand what the Pippy quote had to do with anything.


NO ANGLESHOOTING OMG
(Seriously please stop, it’s not a good way to judge things). Also I know y’all are together, but you really shouldn’t be discussing the game IRL if you can help it.


Your interpretation made more sense to me so I appreciate it.


That would be a nightmare


It’s okay, my SO doesn’t like the idea of me inviting y’all to our wedding 😂


Doesn’t she get the D1 pass since she just modded? Unless you’re counting bounty hunting since then but they technically overlapped?


Ugh I might be the only person who felt better about Vis this game? She doesn’t feel like she did in Casino, but I was also defending her in that game so now I’m questioning my own reads.


I feel you, I’ve spent almost my entire lunch break just catching up on the thread.


She is 10000% capable of yelling about and even pocketing people in PMs as a wolf. I’m not giving Samac a village lean for what she’s posted so far.

Okay it wasn’t actually as long as I thought it was going to be.



I’m getting some weird vibes from fluffy. Thinking on this some more, but for now I want to

Yeet justafluff
I'm not sure how much I love these posts by alley. I know pbpa tends to be short and sweet, but a few of the comments make me tingly (Pippy quote, Vis comment), but a few of them also seem genuine.
 
There's a difference between just asking me the question, and adding on the "I'm assuming you're village" part. Adding on the latter feels slightly manipulative. "Hey, I'm trusting you" even though you had no reason to, and by your own admission my affiliation did not matter for the purposes of the question you asked.
But if she went ahead and asked without saying the "I'm assuming" part, then you may still call her a wolf, since she knows your affiliation and doesn't need to assume it?
 
Ok sorry everyone, just read through the thread again (but with minimal skimming this time). I need to do a little more ISO-ing and stuff but my initial thoughts right now are that it IS strange Fluff hinted they're vanillager but I think the context is important. Up front, no idea if Fluff is wolfy or not.

Ok, this is the comment that set off the Fluff train (I feel like analyzing the jokes people make isn't the best way to go around wolfhunting, for me at least). Fluff quickly backtracks and apologizes after the flurry of accusations. While it initially came off as defensive to me, this is actually pretty on-brand for fluff compared to the noob game. This could easily go either way to me for fluff making a mistake (Fluff did have some village armor from being mayor in the noob game, so this is actually reasonable to me) or fluff trying to throw attention off themselves early on.


I don't like this comment though, this is actually the wolfiest thing from Fluff so far to me.


Oops, this one, too, actually. It fits with the Fluff brand but it's VERY wolfy, as if Fluff can't even IMAGINE being wolf (THE HORROR!). It's a very dramatic way of putting things from a villager.

Overall though, I feel like I'm not going to really be able to get any good reads on anyone until D2, when we have some blood on the ground. So for now, I'm unyeeting fluff just because it's so up in the air BUT I need to ISO some other accused people.

Side note: currently placing alley as village for now, as it doesn't ever make sense to me for a wolf to go after someone specific D1 (too risky, even from the reverse psychology angle).

Unyeet Fluff.
Wait so how are you reading fluffy exactly? Neutral? Because you listed two instances where fluffy was seeming wolfy but said it’s still up in the air.
 
But if she went ahead and asked without saying the "I'm assuming" part, then you may still call her a wolf, since she knows your affiliation and doesn't need to assume it?
The question she asked was about my vote for Mel. Her asking about it on its own would have had no bearing on my read of her.
 
These would all be fair points for an experienced player, but these kind of just seem like jokey noob things to me. I remember being scared ****less the first time I played with the veterans because all of them were very srs biznis and hounding the jokey lighthearted noobs
The thing is i’m unclear what to make of the “jokey noob things”.
 
I did a quick ISO while I’m eating my Mac and cheese.


First post when she brings up the angleshooting reasons of role PMs going out.

Fishing to find out villagers who have a high bowling score, came off to me as a weird joke, like a wolf trying to fit in.

Another odd joke that seemed wolfy

Same as above, another lupine joke
All of these posts remind me of my favorite gif:

steve buscemi youth GIF

Brings up the angleshooting AGAIN even though it’s NAI


Defends AM as village based on the bounty hunting game, except AM was 3P in that game.


Another odd joke, like the tone and a slight sprinkle of sus towards Mel.


Brought up the angleshooting AGAIN and lightly mentions that supposedly she is vanilla. Doesn’t make sense to me because she’s experienced enough at this point to know there’s no benefit to role revealing or telling the thread whether or not you have a PR, but claiming you’re vanilla will make sure the wolves don’t target you.


Seems to backtrack and preemptively apologize. Stood out to me like she was trying to poke someone and sprinkle sus, but then backtrack her thoughts.


Trying too hard to explain herself and unyeet her joking vote. I do hope she’s feeling okay and recovering from Covid though!
okay maybe I like this alley post better.
I must say, as much as I love Mayor Fluff, @justafluff is definitely sticking out to me this game. I haven't played with most of you so I can't go off of much but Fluff saying they were a vanillager was very weird. There was no point to role reveal on D1 with no risk of being yoten.
Also, the whole "I got my PM before/after my SO" thing in relation to PRs from both Stoat & Fluff weirds me out. Again, comes across as sharing info that wasn't necessary at this point in the game and feels like they are trying to target people already. It also felt somewhat collaborative to me, as if they discussed saying this elsewhere- and we know they are not PM buddies
This post feels iffy and opportunistic
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep, I agree with this. I am NOT completely disregarding alley as a wolf (hence the "for now"), but as of this moment in time alley is villagey to me. I'm not going to bring up the fact alley wrote a long post later in the game as "hard proof" alley isn't a wolf. Until there's actual evidence/dead bodies though, alley (FOR NOW) is village-leaning to me, as I both understand her logic and she's drawing attention to herself by writing up an ISO early on.

And yes, obviously all posts should have attention(?) I'm just trying to explain what I think a wolf's logic would be. Why would you think I'm saying otherwise?
Hmm i’m feeling that violets posts are heading to WIFOM territory
 
Frame 1 Official Voting Tally (as of post 833)

Dubbie (1) - Sporty
AM ()
True ()
Mel (2) - Lawpy, Vis
Bluey (-) -
genny (1) - AM
Zuriburi (-) -
Samac ()
Puppy ()
Octopus ()
Fluff (2) - alley, puppydr
Violet ()
Lawpy (1) - Oxygen
Ivy (2) - kal, Octo
Vis (2) - Zuri, DubZ
April (2) - vmh, Mel

MOAR TIES

14/23, many votes are missing.
(@Zenge142 @IvyMoose @Aprilthearab @potentialsheltervet @bluestoat @justafluff @Truenamer @genny @samac @violetvett )

Day close: ~2.25 hours: 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND TODAY

[lost the attachment, whoops]
 
I feel like I've been nodding along to puppy's posts for the most part, I like the effort to analyze.
Octo is brand new here and seems to be doing more nooby village things than nooby wolf things. Getting a feel for the general principles of the game, asking questions here rather than a theoretical wolf chat. Of course it's no slam dunk read but I feel okay pursuing elsewhere in the roster right now.
So Octo is not mayo?
I know I invited them to play, but I don't they act as a complete noob. What questions did they ask? I felt the most obvious noob questions were asked by @Truenamer when he asked if the wolves have their own thread and by @Lawpy about wolves also getting bowling points
 
So Octo is not mayo?
I know I invited them to play, but I don't they act as a complete noob. What questions did they ask? I felt the most obvious noob questions were asked by @Truenamer when he asked if the wolves have their own thread and by @Lawpy about wolves also getting bowling points
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought this was their first game. I quoted the post a little further down if you keep reading
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So Octo is not mayo?
I know I invited them to play, but I don't they act as a complete noob. What questions did they ask? I felt the most obvious noob questions were asked by @Truenamer when he asked if the wolves have their own thread and by @Lawpy about wolves also getting bowling points
Yeah, sorry about the dumb questions, I was told I should mostly ask those in the wolf thread from now on 😁