BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was going to yeet Vissy for lack of other pings, but there's a lot of votes on her. Still hesitant to go with a D1 gut feeling. For now I'll go with (and I might change this in an hour after I read the thread)
This is weird to me. All we have on day 1 are gut feelings. Ultimately someone's going to get yoten regardless so I don't understand why you would purposely choose someone else to avoid bandwagoning. Bandwagoning isn't always a bad thing if that's the person you feel most strongly is a wolf.
 
I'm finding the fluff wagon (that I think is somewhat dissolved) weird and full of some serious reaching. In particular alley's iso that literally just discusses fluff and then fades into the background with relatively little reads on others was weird to me

Also still mulling over April but have her neutral at best rn, just have a weird feeling about how many of her posts seem agreeable but then no real actionable content or are just about how bad she is at reading people previously lol
Hmm, i guess i’m surprised since alleys’s iso didn’t come across that way when i read it so i’m curious how she’s reaching
 
What if you aren't really assuming they're village but are saying so to see how they react? It seems like a legitimate way to feel out people.
Are you about to come at me with iT wAs a ReAcTioN tEsT?

And if so, what did you learn?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm guessing youngkal is busy with rotations or something since they're a 4th year vet student, but I agree that it's weird they haven't popped back in to unyeet. I ISO'd youngkal earlier because I couldn't remember a single one of their posts and they haven't said much of anything. I don't necessarily find that wolfy since they're probably just busy but something to consider.
It's the both of them "pressure voting' Ivy that bothers me. It's ok for one person to do it and then forget about it cause they got busy, but why both of them the same person for the same silly excuse?
 
once a fiscal year
🤩

I see where the fluff sus is coming from, but I'm willing to give her a D1 noob pass since I know I was also a jokey slipping-up villager in my first few games, and because it wigs me out when seemingly everyone agrees on the sus with no defense for her.
uh a lot of people have actually disagreed with me and defended her. Which is fine, if y’all don’t see what I see then that’s okay. But I think she’s a noob wolf trying too hard to seem chill and relaxed and having stretchy jokes. Plus the fishing and weird angleshooting just gives me wolfy vibes. I don’t think I can blame it all on being a noob.

Not particularly, it's largely a weird vibes thing. Alley is also my lane partner so I have more opportunities to explore her further
I’m confused because I’m not April. I’m not sure if you were referencing the original post that mentioned both of us, or only responding to the post where your April read shift was questioned. But April is not your lane partner, it’s just me.

okay maybe I like this alley post better.

This post feels iffy and opportunistic
I had a similar thought that puppy doctor seemed a bit too eager to follow me onto the fluffy vote. Almost like sheeping me but I’m trying to give her some benefit of the doubt for being a noob.
 
So I was going to yeet Vissy for lack of other pings, but there's a lot of votes on her. Still hesitant to go with a D1 gut feeling. For now I'll go with (and I might change this in an hour after I read the thread)

Yeet Zenge

The other one who felt off
What felt off about Zenge? Sorry if you already mentioned, only remembered your points on Vis.
 
I know you said you haven't caught up but it feels odd that you're fairly confident on some players who have barely been around but hedge other relatively active players into insufficient data. At this point I feel like I'd put EVERYONE except myself under insufficient data.

Maybe, but be careful with that. Chronically inactive players might be mod-killed anyway so you don't want to waste your vote. In my opinion it's better to pick someone you could reasonably see being a wolf rather than targeting an inactive player just because you don't have a good read on them yet.
Feeling ok about pshelty
 
Are you about to come at me with iT wAs a ReAcTioN tEsT?

And if so, what did you learn?
Not trying to make offense, but is it weird to anyone else how firmly WildZoo has taken the driver's seat over the course of the thread? Is that just how they are because they're a veteran, or could it be something more?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it was already addressed by other players after I continued reading. I think the line of thinking is a dangerous way to validate reading AM, though I'm not necessarily awarding either of you wolf points for it*. It's just not something I'm condoning either lol

how about we don't start off the game with me being pissy at you? Don't put words in my mouth.
And frankly, that's a vast misconception of a statement in the first place.

*Edit: cuz you're noobs
Ok i see now 🤔
 
Yes, but it’s risky to claim something when there’s other players that may have that power. Anyway, never played as a wolf so I can’t pretend to know the way they strategize. But if I was one, I’d wait till I’m in danger to claim whatever.
Thank you!! To clarify, it's not that I can't imagine being a wolf, I actually said what I'd do if I was one. I'm just stating facts: in all the games I've played, I've been village.
These feel genuine to me. Too sketchy to be a wolf level stuff.

Though I do agree that fluff has sounded a tad bit different this game than the noob game, and I can't tell if that's because I no longer have my modding glasses on.
 
Not trying to make offense, but is it weird to anyone else how firmly WildZoo has taken the driver's seat over the course of the thread? Is that just how they are because they're a veteran, or could it be something more?
Hi, I'm Dubz. I powervillage. I powerwolf. Nice to meet you 😉
 
Do we have stats on this?
D1 wolf yeets I remember in 2021 were just the Pirate Basics, OWWlympics, and Clue. Could be forgetting others, but if it's just those, that's actually worse than rand (about 10% I think). Which makes sense given that even if a wolf is on the board D1, there are usually enough wolves around to direct things elsewhere, and D1 votes tend to be spread out.
 
I'm leaning true, AM, Mel more village. I always want to lean dubz village but can't read her for the life of me and just like that she color codes things

I am confused by lawpy's sidebars about how exactly the wolf rojo happened in the noob game as it seems largely irrelevant but became a conversation for multiple players for a hot minute
Meaty pls it’s based off of one of the earlier posts that was referencing the noob game and active wolfing and i was asking on grounds of a point of clarification
 
The first part I struggle to understand. If genny’s a villager and doesn’t know your affiliation, why should she trust that you’re accurately representing your village meta? The second part I can see your perspective of why it reminded you of arguing with wolf Pippy, but I agree with what others have said about what wolf!Pippy does not being relevant to what wolf!genny would do, since I don’t see an inherent wolf motivation to her saying she had a longer misread streak.
These are the kind of posts that I like from Vis.
However these are also the kinds of posts that I saw from Vis in casino.
Now am I a good, accurate reference of that game since I was like 44 pages behind? Maybe not.
But it's making me think.
How are people feeling about April?
This seems it was already addressed in the posts following but I agree with what's been said. Was getting the same feelings myself, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to move her wolfy for it yet. Would be interested to see samac's flip since April is also expressing suspicion of her.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
These feel genuine to me. Too sketchy to be a wolf level stuff.

Though I do agree that fluff has sounded a tad bit different this game than the noob game, and I can't tell if that's because I no longer have my modding glasses on.
Fluff sounds much more confident and a lot less anxious, to me. A little surprised that Fluff isn't suspicious of me, at least not out loud. But not a priority thought right now. Not gonna yeet my favorite bunny on D1 😛
 
Oh god I just noticed this. Are you still using the app? Please don't, it's terrible.
Goshhh--- the app got me mod killed my first game 🙁. dont trust it 😂😂
Ohh interesting -- still something i like to try. I also just feel werid about the the one post saying that they were reading but then nothing else.
ignore my double statement - the internet lied to me and said it didnt post

It's the both of them "pressure voting' Ivy that bothers me. It's ok for one person to do it and then forget about it cause they got busy, but why both of them the same person for the same silly excuse?
I mean theres still no posts so why remove my pressure vote? Are you just concerned because im coming after one of your wolf friends??? should i be looking more at you like others??
 
Frame 1 Official Voting Tally

Dubbie () -
AM () -
True () -
Mel (2) - Lawpy, Vis
Bluey () -
genny (1) - AM
Zuriburi () -
Samac (1) - Sporty
Puppy () -
Octopus (-) -
Fluff (2) - alley, puppy
Violet (1) - April
Lawpy (1) - Oxygen
Ivy (3) - kal, Octopus, genny
Vis (3)- zuri, True, Dubz

April (2) - Meats, Mel
Zenge (1) - Blue

Leading: Vis and Ivy are tied

17/23, many votes are missing.
@Zenge142, @IvyMoose, @potentialsheltervet, @justafluff , @samac, @violetvett

Day close: ~1.5 hours: 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND TODAY

1642726622070.png
 
Goshhh--- the app got me mod killed my first game 🙁. dont trust it 😂😂


I mean theres still no posts so why remove my pressure vote? Are you just concerned because im coming after one of your wolf friends??? should i be looking more at you like others??
Explain again why you chose them to pursue? I am lost at the argument going on over these particular players right now
 
Wait… you were reading AM vs genny as a jokey interaction?

Also how do you feel about others?
I read anything with unsubstantiated stats/percentages as non-serious. assumed it was D1 banter.

None of these are strong reads, I really don't have a solid grasp on anyone.

Dubz leans village but I may be just misinterpreting frequent posting.
AM feels aggressive but I guess that's normal
Stoat seems to be less analytical than in the noob game but I don't want to put too much emphasis on that today.
Truenamer leans village but only slightly, I think I like their thought process at this point.
Fluff's PR discussion makes me very uncomfy.
 
I mean theres still no posts so why remove my pressure vote? Are you just concerned because im coming after one of your wolf friends??? should i be looking more at you like others??
Given how close the votes are, moving a pressure vote can make sense if you think there's a chance one of the tied people is a wolf. Otherwise it's more of a wasted vote.
 
I read anything with unsubstantiated stats/percentages as non-serious. assumed it was D1 banter.

None of these are strong reads, I really don't have a solid grasp on anyone.

Dubz leans village but I may be just misinterpreting frequent posting.
AM feels aggressive but I guess that's normal
Stoat seems to be less analytical than in the noob game but I don't want to put too much emphasis on that today.
Truenamer leans village but only slightly, I think I like their thought process at this point.
Fluff's PR discussion makes me very uncomfy.
How do you feel about vissy and violets?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fluff sounds much more confident and a lot less anxious, to me. A little surprised that Fluff isn't suspicious of me, at least not out loud. But not a priority thought right now. Not gonna yeet my favorite bunny on D1 😛
I find your tone/aura whatever you wanna call it similar to the noob game and also don't want to yeet you. Plus you defended me when people started pointing fingers, and id like to think that if you were a wolf, it's so easy to jump on a village bandwagon esp since I messed up. So you have my thanks and respect for now 😊
 
I really don't like the way youngkal is justifying their ivy vote. I doubt ivy is a wolf; I think they're more likely a preoccupied villager. It feels yucky to focus on someone so much like that when they're clearly not coming to defend themselves and there's zero reason to suspect there's a wolf.
Thus, yeet youngkal.
 
I find your tone/aura whatever you wanna call it similar to the noob game and also don't want to yeet you. Plus you defended me when people started pointing fingers, and id like to think that if you were a wolf, it's so easy to jump on a village bandwagon esp since I messed up. So you have my thanks and respect for now 😊
And every other person thinks I'm a wolf, don't forget that! For a vet forum, you'd think they'd distinguish between carnivores more easily 😔