BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
************************************
unofficial tallies by shorty
ISO to follow
wait


Dubbie (1) - Sporty
AM ()
True ()
Mel (2) - Lawpy, Vis
Bluey (-) -
genny (1) - AM
Zuriburi (-) -
Samac ()
Puppy ()
Octopus ()
Fluff (2) - alley, puppydr
Violet ()
Lawpy (1) - Oxygen
Ivy (3) - kal, Octo, genny
Vis (2) - Zuri, DubZ
April (2) - vmh, Mel

MOAR TIES

15/23, many votes are missing. These people below, in fact
(@Zenge142 @IvyMoose @Aprilthearab @potentialsheltervet @bluestoat @justafluff @Truenamer @samac @violetvett )

Day close: ~2.25 hours: 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND TODAY
************************************
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like "chronicaly inactive" is fairly NAI for most players, even if it annoys the hell out of AM

There are reasons to ghost as village just as much as there are to ghost as wolf. It's the content of the posts they do make that matters.
I agree, that's why I said "sloppy and not around much". I'm not good at my reads, but I do give second chances to helpful versus unhelpful. Also I really liked AM's approach on "would I consider this wolfy" which is why I don't blame alleycat or puppy for voting against me.
 
************************************
unofficial tallies by shorty
ISO to follow
wait


Dubbie (1) - Sporty
AM ()
True ()
Mel (2) - Lawpy, Vis
Bluey (-) -
genny (1) - AM
Zuriburi (-) -
Samac ()
Puppy ()
Octopus ()
Fluff (2) - alley, puppydr
Violet ()
Lawpy (1) - Oxygen
Ivy (3) - kal, Octo, genny
Vis (2) - Zuri, DubZ
April (2) - vmh, Mel

MOAR TIES

15/23, many votes are missing. These people below, in fact
(@Zenge142 @IvyMoose @Aprilthearab @potentialsheltervet @bluestoat @justafluff @Truenamer @samac @violetvett )

Day close: ~2.25 hours: 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND TODAY
************************************
********************************
literally promised @kaydubs I'd tag her in tallies and then in the same minute, forgot to do so.

sievememory!shorty
********************************
 
************************************
unofficial tallies by shorty
ISO to follow
wait


Dubbie ()
AM ()
True ()
Mel (2) - Lawpy, Vis
Bluey (-) -
genny (1) - AM
Zuriburi (-) -
Samac (1) - Sporty
Puppy ()
Octopus ()
Fluff (2) - alley, puppydr
Violet ()
Lawpy (1) - Oxygen
Ivy (3) - kal, Octo, genny
Vis (2) - Zuri, DubZ
April (2) - vmh, Mel

NO TIES PLS

15/23, many votes are missing. These people below, in fact
(@Zenge142 @IvyMoose @Aprilthearab @potentialsheltervet @bluestoat @justafluff @Truenamer @samac @violetvett )

Day close: ~2 hours: 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND TODAY
************************************
 
I'd like to hear more from @youngkal, @samac, @IvyMoose, @Aprilthearab, @zuriburi, @OctopusDoctorpus, and @WorthlessOxygen.

Welp 5 more pages to catch up on when I get home but my thoughts from yesterday: your interaction with Mel was about the only thing that stuck out. Not sure what to make of it though as neither felt necessarily wolf or village. Other than that, most of the conversation was jokes or references to past games so I don't have much to go off of.

What made her interaction with Mel stick out but not her interaction with genny?

I originally read that as more jokey and Mel's as more aggressive.
Wait… you were reading AM vs genny as a jokey interaction?

Also how do you feel about others?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
********************************
literally promised @kaydubs I'd tag her in tallies and then in the same minute, forgot to do so.

sievememory!shorty
********************************
*******************
I DID IT AGAIN christ I'm fired
*******************
 
Frame 1 Official Voting Tally

Dubbie (-) -
AM (-) -
True (-) -
Mel (2) - Lawpy, Vis
Bluey (-) -
genny (1) - AM
Zuriburi (-) -
Samac (1) - Sporty
Puppy (-) -
Octopus (-) -
Fluff (2) - alley, puppy
Violet (-) -
Lawpy (1) - Oxygen
Ivy (2) - kal, Octopus, genny
Vis (3)- zuri, True, Dubz

April (2) - Meats, Mel


15/23, many votes are missing.
@Zenge142, @IvyMoose, @Aprilthearab, @potentialsheltervet, @bluestoats, @justafluff , @samac, @violetvett

Day close: ~2 hours: 10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND TODAY

1642715583111.png
 
I don't feel particularly villagey about Samac yet but the unyeet didn't ping me
Her "oh yeah guess I should unyeet my joke" followed by her expanation when I hmm'd it was weird.
Her explanation being "genny jumped off a joke vote which reminded me"

Original post sounded insincere, explanation is questionable given that there were several un-yoten jokes that she had seen at that point.
 
Why? Truenamer said the same to me
We got some real spooky PMs in this game

It’s spooky because generally villagers do not “just assume” others are villagers, but it’s such a blatantly “too much [wolfy] information” statement that it almost falls into TWTBW
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sorry, a lot of what I had quoted has already been addressed but I'm mostly caught up on today's posts.

Brought up the angleshooting AGAIN and lightly mentions that supposedly she is vanilla. Doesn’t make sense to me because she’s experienced enough at this point to know there’s no benefit to role revealing or telling the thread whether or not you have a PR, but claiming you’re vanilla will make sure the wolves don’t target you.
Really not feeling great about fluff's vanillager comment, but also not sure that I'm ready to yeet over it.
A little interested that my vote for Ivy didnt bring more to thread from them? Maybe they are being told to ignore it elsewhere :thinking:
Ivy was frequently absent during the noob game. As was I, and we were both village. Actually, I think the majority of the less active players were village. Not that that necessarily means much but I don't know that I'd read it wolfy now.

@WorthlessOxygen has mentioned they have work, and I accept that as an excuse
Got back from work and now I'm juggling laundry, cooking dinner and negotiating a raise while trying to catch up on a lot of conversation. Plus it's D1 so not the most helpful conversations. Unfortunately won't have a ton of insight today.
I am confused by lawpy's sidebars about how exactly the wolf rojo happened in the noob game as it seems largely irrelevant but became a conversation for multiple players for a hot minute
I have no idea what to do with any of Lawpy's comments. I don't think they're wolfy and my vote was a joke but no one is really sticking out to me as strongly wolf so I'm also not overly inclined to move it.
i'm wondering if she's doing that noob wolf ghosting thing
Just included because of what I said above with Ivy being somewhat absent in the noob game.
 
We got some real spooky PMs in this game

It’s spooky because generally villagers do not “just assume” others are villagers, but it’s such a blatantly “too much [wolfy] information” statement that it almost falls into TWTBW
Honestly the problem here is that both of us are very intuitive, gut decision makers.
 
I don't think word for word, but yeah I gave her the same general "for my sanity I'm going to assume the person I'm paired with is village until proven otherwise"
That is fair and PMing people to earn trust and see if they in turn deserve your trust is a good way to build a village bloc. Just don’t assume they’re village when it comes to revealing things you really don’t want wolves to know, unless it’s both necessary and they’ve earned that trust
 
On the Ivy votes, I don't buy both @youngkal and @OctopusDoctorpus "pressure votes". They both yeeted Ivy, when she's absent and defenseless for the same excuse (to pressure), haven't unyeeted her, and we haven't heard any reads for anyone else in the game.
 
That is fair and PMing people to earn trust and see if they in turn deserve your trust is a good way to build a village bloc. Just don’t assume they’re village when it comes to revealing things you really don’t want wolves to know, unless it’s both necessary and they’ve earned that trust
Don't worry, I'm keeping stuff like the specifics of my role close to the chest. The only person I'm *100%* confident about is me.
 
So I was going to yeet Vissy for lack of other pings, but there's a lot of votes on her. Still hesitant to go with a D1 gut feeling. For now I'll go with (and I might change this in an hour after I read the thread)

Yeet Zenge

The other one who felt off
 
On the Ivy votes, I don't buy both @youngkal and @OctopusDoctorpus "pressure votes". They both yeeted Ivy, when she's absent and defenseless for the same excuse (to pressure), haven't unyeeted her, and we haven't heard any reads for anyone else in the game.
I'm guessing youngkal is busy with rotations or something since they're a 4th year vet student, but I agree that it's weird they haven't popped back in to unyeet. I ISO'd youngkal earlier because I couldn't remember a single one of their posts and they haven't said much of anything. I don't necessarily find that wolfy since they're probably just busy but something to consider.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is fair and PMing people to earn trust and see if they in turn deserve your trust is a good way to build a village bloc. Just don’t assume they’re village when it comes to revealing things you really don’t want wolves to know, unless it’s both necessary and they’ve earned that trust
What if you aren't really assuming they're village but are saying so to see how they react? It seems like a legitimate way to feel out people.
 
Pressure votes haven't been seeming to encourage people to participate recently :shrug:
Ohh interesting -- still something i like to try. I also just feel werid about the the one post saying that they were reading but then nothing else.

On the Ivy votes, I don't buy both @youngkal and @OctopusDoctorpus "pressure votes". They both yeeted Ivy, when she's absent and defenseless for the same excuse (to pressure), haven't unyeeted her, and we haven't heard any reads for anyone else in the game.
Are you saying I didnt provide other vibes I had??