BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is where I'm at with my POE and in the order I'd vote for them.

YK, Sporty, OctoDoc, Blue, Visc +/- Zenge, April, AM

I'm starting to come around on Visc because yeah I gave her village points for some of her early pushes but going back over it, they're kinda superficial questioning.

Zenge idk I feel like I gave him too much village cred early. Gameplay has been villagey overall, but I'm not happy with his meats vote/push and I felt a little bit of buddying re: my noob!wolfpack theory.

April is back in POE because of the Ivy ISO but just barely.

Something about AM is off, I don't like that she's misinterpreting threadstate so egregiously, as indicated by myself and alley's correction last night. I'd vote there if people want to flip her but if I'm the only one that feels she's off, the Dubz N1 kill is enough for me to stay off of her for another day or two.
How are you reading alleys?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Y'all i read until im caught up - sometimes i post things before seeing what has additionally been asked....things are coming

like that there was discussion of "which score" was being asked about -- ya know since theres only been 1 released.

I see this has been talked about so i will re-read the exchange and others comments
 
This makes me feel like either kal is village and thus wasn't overly concerned about all the waffles, or the ivy/fluff vote was v/v and wolf!kal didn't care which one went down
the bold --- and cant follow the waffles (see D1 when i was on the line..)

Yep


Yeah the recent modding thing.



How does yesterday’s vote spread look to you given that Ivy flipped village?
Also I see Blue is on here twice. I didn’t see if anyone else pointed that out :eyebrow:
Edit: okay nvmind I see asked and answered re: blue
Pulled this here to answer about the votes but now i dont remember because the votes are not infront of my face soo hold for that....
So did mine. :thinking:
hmm 2 people watched - interesting


The wagon was: April, YK, violet, jfluff, Vis, vmh
Of those people I'm worried about YK, vis, fluff, maaaaaaybe april in that order.
Can you rank them in order of how you're reading them wolfy to village?
what is it about me that has be as a high concern for you?
 
I asked about meats because I feel like she's village (see below for why) and throughout the game you've been wishy-washy on her and sometimes it feels like you're just trying to throw suspicion everywhere and see where it sticks. You gave A reason about why meats makes you uncomfortable, but its also contingent on your alley read. Do you have anything about meats individually that makes you think she is wolf/village? What were the initial things you found sus, even if its just tone, I'd like you to point it out so I can evaluate it too.

Doesn't hesitate to call out wagons that she thinks is built on faulty logic. I'd like to know exactly what she thought was reachy and who if anyone was wolf either driving that vote or sheeping.







ehh not thrilled about the vibes thing. The reasoning for voting April over Alley makes sense though.


Shows follow up reads on April and Alley with decent insight that I agree with. I'd started to get a village read on both of them end of D1/after D1.

The sporty comments seem a little sheep-like, and the fluff comments are very hedgy.



So pockety 😍 but genny and dubz both village read me and some others are. Maybe I'm better at explaining my thought process this game or people have adjusted to my baseline. Idk. Something i'm keeping in mind.



This is sound. She's generating discussion. mild feels that its the same line of inquiry I was pushing with Zuri, but I've been more active than her, it could just be I got to the question first.
This is probably the most village post from her. She noted a discrepancy, went back to investigate it, and presented the results. I think this is good village play.

This catch kind of cinches it for me. AM has frequently pushed me to consider my early wolf reads in a pack and I have to remind her that I don't usually do pack analysis until at least one flip. The fact that AM isn't thinking pack compatibility re: Meats and April, bothers me.

Meats made a pretty big show of voting April over Alley on D1 and I don't think she would bus right off the bat with no real pressure on April, so it doesn't make sense to me that AM would have both April and Meats in her top 3. This highlights what I mean by I feel like AM is "off."
Ok, I understand. I forgot about the VMH comments on April vs Alley cause April hasn't been on my wolf radar at all. Her reactions and thought processes have felt genuine to me.
I wasn't bothered by VMH (except for D1 due to random comments and inactivity), until you, Lawpy and AM asked me my thoughts on them. What I mainly saw yesterday was an overall agreement with alley's posts and alley felt increasingly like a wolf who was trying to frame me. So my initial thought was that alley and VMH were a pack. Or that alley is a villager to whom I am giving wolf vibes and VMH is bussing her, since alley was the first to openly push me in this game. AM and Lawpy being concerned about VMH has put her on my POE but I admit that around the time you asked me about her I had not looked into her posts and just shared an overall feel.
 
@puppydogtor Have you had any PMs from Octo recently?
Yes, last night. Overall he said he's very overwhelmed by how much is going on. But he did tell me that he thinks that the wagon switch from Violet to Fluff/Ivy may be due to the wolves wanting to try to vote out another player with a PR (since Violet claimed to be vanilla). He is also suspicious of Vis. I hope you don't mind me sharing, @OctopusDoctorpus. I would like to build trust between us and keep what's in our PM private but if you're not really participating on thread then I will share what you say for the benefit of the village.

@potentialsheltervet and @puppydogtor I don't know what to think of you two. I wanna see how your voting goes on D3.
Fluff trying to read you this game has been tough. Sometimes you come off as village, other times very wolfy. I think my opinion changes with each post you make so I have been paying very close attention to everything you say haha. For now you're more village than wolf to me.

And today I think I am voting for Kal or Vis.
 
This might get disregarded but I'm going to try.
@violetvett what's your bowling average as a strike, since you've already gone ahead and role revealed?

I'm not sure what you're asking here? I've already said that being a Strike gives me a higher starting average than most villagers. Just like genny and WO2.

Would you be confident sharing your bowling average?

My current one?

No the one you started with.

Why not my current one?

Lol please just tell us what one of them is, I want to go to sleep soon

Cause I haven't received any update on mine, and I want to compare it with mine.

I haven’t received any update on mine either

@violetvett we’re waiting

Anddddd there's the answer I was waiting for. Sorry for being all weird, but I got my answer.

Fluff is officially village to me.

^Yep, neither have I. My starting average was 130 though.

Which brings up an interesting comment.

Um, Alley do you know your current average? Because I sure haven't gotten an update. And I assume neither has any other villagers here. So, why didn't you realize what I was implying?

If my theory stands that wolves do NOT have averages, it makes perfect sense for one to slip up and assume there is a current one. When there is indeed not.

Unyeet Octo, yeet Alley.

You better have a good explanation for that considering you fell pretty hard for my obvious wolfbait.

Thanks violet. I feel good about you being village and a strike.

Yeah that’s not wolfbait, but nice try. I haven’t gotten any updates to my average either, as I literally just posted.

You posted this after fluff. Maybe a villager mistake, but you're a vet so I can't go that easy on you.

Cool. Enjoy your attempt at a misyeet, I’m going to bed. I made it pretty damn obvious earlier that I’m a villager, but I don’t want to have this defense at 2am when I need to be awake in 6 hours.

there are two assumptions here:
1. that wolves don't have averages
B. that all villagers would get an update at the same time, and not only if they've fulfilled the requirment.

but damn, you vomited village.

I honestly wasn't even trying to bait you specifically, I was more focused on fluff's response since they have more doubt from everyone right now. My goal was to see if fluff was village, and I feel like I successfully got a good village-confirmed answer. But then you chimed in with a weird response. Maybe it was weird because it's so late, idk. I still am leaning more towards Octo than you, but that response was a reasonably big red flag to me.

Please get sleep though! I doubt theories formulated half-awake are the best ones. (They sure make good tinfoil though.)

What does this mean? Could you elaborate more please on what you mean by an "update" or "requirement"?

Also going to sleep now. Good night everyone! 😊

These requirements


You don't know if the mods are updating all the villagers, they could only be updating the ones that have met the requirements they set. This would mean some players could have gotten updated before now and others whose scores haven't changed wouldn't know.
 
That's just how Lawpy plays the game. He's already defended himself and explained, but he is well-known for asking questions like that and having a TON of short posts and questions. I do not see anything outside of his village meta rn, but I know I have yet to see wolf!lawpy.
Vets I'm feeling good about: AM, Mel, Zenge, Samac
Neutral Vets: VMH, Lawpy, Kal
Wolfy Vets/?????? (aka idk how to read them but they all seem sus): Sporty, Vis, April
:eyebrow:
I am confused. Explain.
 
SDN ate the quotes but I copied them, hoping they post now

Fluff defense that I’m unsure how to feel about:













True defense, seemed overly reactive to Mel questioning True and overly performative of “omg it was all me, the only reason you’re suspecting true of faking his reasons for reading AM is because I didn’t teach him multiquote”








Today I feel worse about your tone because there have been a few posts of pre-emptively defensive WIFOM and performative “oh no I could never be clever enough to do that as a wolf”.
Including defense of true as a reason to wolfread stoat does not age well
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why would AM fight the pack to not kill Dubz?

And why did you go from wolf leaning AM to this, unless I’m misunderstanding?
Why are you ignoring my question pls


because I already answered it you goon.



Okay, that’s a good point. Why would AM not want to kill Dubz on N1? Is it because she just modded in the noob game or is there another reason that I’m not remembering.
Yeah the recent modding thing.
 
Yeet Vis

According to my notes they didn't place a vote at all until 9:53 PM last night for Ivy (please correct me if I'm wrong). They've been on my sus list for a while now but since they withheld their vote till last minute and used the reasoning of only wanting to break the tie/save their noob, they get my vote.

@Viscernable who would you have wanted to vote for yesterday if you didn't need to break a tie/save your noob?
 
On my phone, taking care of things irl, so in brief:
Sporty- village; if violet is wolf I'd re-eval her defense of vi, because I'd re-evaluate all my village and neutral reads with the added information.
Mel- hmmmmm
Fluffy- honestly I'm getting strong wolfy vibes as the game has gone on
What's giving you village vibes on sporty? I've been reading her slight village for tone but I'm curious if you've seen better reasons
 
True and stoat were not the only ones that stood their ground against Mel. Zuriburi did that also.
I'm honestly surprised that after what's been going down with violet, you decide to bring light to these micro-arguments. Did you give any thoughts on violet? On Sportponies? Did I miss it?
This tone reads more villagey to me for some reason
 
Frame 3 Official Vote Tally

meats (1)- lawpy (c)
alley (2) - violet (c), blue (c)
YK (1) - Mel
Vis (1) - puppy

Ineligible to vote: AM

5/16

Missing: Etc etc

Voting ends Monday 1/24 at 10PM ET

1642973116239.png
 
I think I’m going to stick with my gut on this. They only felt better yesterday after pressure was applied and some of their posts after Dubz and genny flipped, which I already highlighted and VMH pointed out, really seemed off. Haven’t really seen a lot today that’s made me feel any better, including the retaliatory vote on sporty.

Yeet Fluff
Are you feeling any different about fluff today?
 
@Viscernable does True's flip change your read of Stoat at all?
Not really, but if anything edges a little more villager. My thoughts as of these posts are still current, except that the possibility of w/w defence of True is eliminated.
I’m not sure how to read you yet.

As I said D1, the village points are largely about how your seem to be approaching the game from a curious and experimental standpoint. Not afraid to say things which may have poor optics if they help you get a read of people, and your joking about being a wolf has felt a lot less nervous than I’d expect a noob wolf to be.

I’m still confused by why you said it feels icky that there were so many votes on me. I see your post about your reasoning for voting but I don’t understand the connection to what you said in your post. But again, I struggle to see any reason for a wolf to have said it.

Yesterday you had some posts that seemed overly defensive of True and fluff that had me concerned. Today I feel worse about your tone because there have been a few posts of pre-emptively defensive WIFOM and performative “oh no I could never be clever enough to do that as a wolf”.

SDN ate the quotes but I copied them, hoping they post now

Fluff defense that I’m unsure how to feel about:













True defense, seemed overly reactive to Mel questioning True and overly performative of “omg it was all me, the only reason you’re suspecting true of faking his reasons for reading AM is because I didn’t teach him multiquote”








Today I feel worse about your tone because there have been a few posts of pre-emptively defensive WIFOM and performative “oh no I could never be clever enough to do that as a wolf”.


Sorry to keep harping on this point, but I’m still confused on your reads at the time of this post
My POE is feeling like kal, violet, Ivy, zuri, Octo, meats, Oxy, fluff
In this response you say that you felt fluff was sketchy:
I still do have an uncomfortable amount of neutrals, and fluff was/is one of them. I did have reason to sus fluff as I mentioned in that response
[Above post referring to below post]
I can see where the sus came from D1 with everything that's already been pointed out. That being said, I was also a super jokey fluff-posting mistake-making noob in my first handful of village games and definitely got called out for it more than once when I started playing with the vets. I see the villagey-noob-ness from my own play in her play. To add to that, I think (this could be one of my brain fart moments though) that a noob or two has spoken up and said this isn't very different from her village play in the noob game and the vets have a bit more of a problem with her play, making it feel more like just a village noob thing that doesn't sit well with the vets.

Her more recent posts today haven't shown the same level of weirdness as D1, but there are still a few points in her logic I don't entirely follow, and it feels kind of the same way as I feel about ivy - I try to follow the posts and I just go huh? Not to the same level as ivy though.

I'm not interested in yeeting fluff right now, but I don't feel comfortable removing her from the POE just yet. Tentative read is nooby village lean.
But a) even in the post where you say you said she was feeling sketchy, you ended up with her in village leans and b) in your first response to being asked about her placement, you said there wasn’t anything sketchy and she just hadn’t done anything villagey enough to get out of neutrals
No real sketchy reason, I'm just not feeling confident enough in a village read to move her out yet
Plus we haven't even flipped a single person through yeets yet so I don't want to get too excited with removing a bunch of people
The thing I’ve been trying to understand is why you felt better than “nothing sketchy but not confident enough in village reading” about some vets who are hard to read and which I don’t remember you discussing why you were village reading (Mel, Lawpy, Sporty). It pinged me as possibly going after low-hanging fruit and/or clearing packmates while avoiding discussing them.
 
So, I've been stewing on Octo, and I actually came up with a theory that explains his behavior pretty well: he was really hyped up to be a wolf, but got a vanillager role and it took a lot of the wind out of his sails. Then, while still feeling a bit put-out, the thread took off and he's been struggling to get up the motivation to keep up.

Seriously. If someone hyped for the game got to be a wolf in their first proper game, I just have a really hard time seeing them be so absent and checked out.

Unyeet Octo
I think this is a fair assessment and it's something I considered too, though I'm not sure if it removes octo from my POE entirely
 
I also really don't like them
This was from @vetmedhead on my bandwagon when AM said it felt very off. Throughout the day VMH like a lot of others voted against violet, since violet felt wolfy. VMH switched her vote last min to Ivy to break a tie between me and Ivy. This is pro village behavior.
The only thing that I would like to hear more about from her, are thoughts on other players, like vis and SportPonies. She hasn't given a list or a POE, unless I missed it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeet Vis

According to my notes they didn't place a vote at all until 9:53 PM last night for Ivy (please correct me if I'm wrong). They've been on my sus list for a while now but since they withheld their vote till last minute and used the reasoning of only wanting to break the tie/save their noob, they get my vote.

@Viscernable who would you have wanted to vote for yesterday if you didn't need to break a tie/save your noob?
Either you misread or I didn’t communicate clearly, but I was between voting fluff and voting Ivy independent of the votecount, not trying to save fluff.
 
This was from @vetmedhead on my bandwagon when AM said it felt very off. Throughout the day VMH like a lot of others voted against violet, since violet felt wolfy. VMH switched her vote last min to Ivy to break a tie between me and Ivy. This is pro village behavior.
The only thing that I would like to hear more about from her, are thoughts on other players, like vis and SportPonies. She hasn't given a list or a POE, unless I missed it.
Wolves can be anti-tie too though
 
Not really, but if anything edges a little more villager. My thoughts as of these posts are still current, except that the possibility of w/w defence of True is eliminated.
I'm not very fond of that answer because true's possible w/w defense of stoat was a particular reason you had mentioned you were sus of stoat
Sorry to keep harping on this point, but I’m still confused on your reads at the time of this post

In this response you say that you felt fluff was sketchy:

[Above post referring to below post]

But a) even in the post where you say you said she was feeling sketchy, you ended up with her in village leans and b) in your first response to being asked about her placement, you said there wasn’t anything sketchy and she just hadn’t done anything villagey enough to get out of neutrals

The thing I’ve been trying to understand is why you felt better than “nothing sketchy but not confident enough in village reading” about some vets who are hard to read and which I don’t remember you discussing why you were village reading (Mel, Lawpy, Sporty). It pinged me as possibly going after low-hanging fruit and/or clearing packmates while avoiding discussing them.
It's kind of worrying to me how you keep resurfacing this issue over and over again when I've tried my best to explain myself. A lot of the confusion about my fluff posts probably boils down to me just not feeling solid about a read because they've got village points as well as wolf points. Ideally I would like to believe fluff is nooby village because of tone and so I set them on the backburner, but it wouldn't be hard to convince me that they're actually a wolf especially because tone reads aren't necessarily reliable on a person I've never personally played with before.

Yes, it's hedgy, I get it, but the nooby villager is what I'd like to believe so that's where I put my tentative read but I didn't want to remove them from the POE entirely and then forget to revisit that read as it evolves.

I didn't word that one post well - when I said "no real sketchy reasons," I didn't mean "no sketch points whatsoever," it just meant "no sketch points that couldn't be explained by a nooby villager."

I don't see my take on fluff as low-hanging fruit considering I've not placed a single vote there and I've questioned why some people have.
 
@Viscernable what are your reads on kal, vmh, octo, and sporty?
Kal - neutral to slightly wolfy. Had strong pings from their initial approach to pushing Ivy and their over-reactivity to fluff, and now again feel worse about them knowing that Ivy’s village. I’ve liked the rest of their content as far as I remember, but I need to go over it again in the light of day

meats - village. Haven’t had any wolf pings and her content shows evidence of wolfhunting.

Octo - I’ve been largely ignoring Octo as I don’t know how to read a player who’s been so absent from the thread. I’m increasingly troubled to hear they seem to be keeping up and active in PMs but have been avoiding thread.

Sporty - Haven’t reconsidered to take into account last night yet, can’t remember what she did, but this is how I’m feeling:
Sporty - I haven’t followed a lot of her reasoning and feel it’s been disingenuous or reaching at times, especially the push on True for posts that imo were very in line with what I expect from a village noob who just saw their partner play in a noob game where similar things were said all the time. It just seemed opportunistically jumping on posts that are an easy push because if you don’t consider the context they sound super wolfy, but I think village, sincerely wolfhunting Sporty wouldn’t jump on them.
 
Anyway I mostly wanted to do my own evaluation of VMH, like @Melchizedek asked. I still think that it’s sus that by D3 VMH has mostly been concerned about violet (understandably since violet was all the rage yesterday) and me and the discussion about the Genny kill. I feel better about her waffle yesterday cause I also voted Ivy… I don’t know. I’m not saying VMH is village I’m just saying there’s nothing terribly incriminating about her.
 
I said it earlier but the resistance to your wagon D1 + mirroring Mels’ arguments/reasoning are my strongest pings. There are also other pings factoring into my read
Lawpy, I can’t control how Mel reacts to posts. If someone had the same feelings about a post as I do, a) there’s nothing I can do about it, b) I don’t find out about it until after I’ve posted my own immediate thoughts, and c) I would still share my own thoughts because I see no reason to hide them just because someone else said something similar.
 
True, it was me violet and Ivy. But if she was a wolf why not let both me and Ivy go down?
I mean there are lots of reasons and it also assumes that you aren’t W/W with meaty. My point is being opposed to ties or breaking ties is NAI. Wolves want to powerwolf too and look good among villagers.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've still got another 14 pages to catch up but I doubt that will happen any time soon so I'm putting my current thoughts here for me to reference as I read

Village: Zenge, AM, Lawpy, shelter, puppy
Leaning village: samac, sporty, violet, stoat

Slightly more inclined to think kal is village (compared to previously neutral read) because I don't get the feeling that a wolf would have been so chill during an absolutely crazy waffle hour while they were knowingly sitting on a village vote

I had Mel leaning village for tone and being able to follow his thoughts, and that was good enough for D1/early D2, but it's not good enough anymore and he was sketchy last night so he's going back in the POE

I'm really confused about Alley and trying to figure out if I'm at all capable of reading her this game or if I need to just keep my mouth shut and let other people read her. I don't think that point average gotcha last night was actually as significant as some people think it is... I wasn't aware if the averages would be updated upon request or not until I specifically asked the cubs if he would (and he said no), so I could understand exactly where another villager might go "hmm, maybe that person actually does have an updated average." I don't think I'm going to use it as a reason to read Alley one way or another unless someone really convinces me

So my momentary POE looks like alley, vmh, fluff, vis, mel, and octo