BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Question here: Vis's tone has been the exact same this game as it has been in BoWWnty Hunting (to me). Those that are reading wolf Vis, what nuances are you seeing in their tone that makes you lean Vis?
I ask because in BoWWnty tot chat I was absolutely convinced vis was a wolf and it turned out everyone was 3p, so I have no clue how to read them now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question here: Vis's tone has been the exact same this game as it has been in BoWWnty Hunting (to me). Those that are reading wolf Vis, what nuances are you seeing in their tone that makes you lean Vis?
I ask because in BoWWnty tot chat I was absolutely convinced vis was a wolf and it turned out everyone was 3p, so I have no clue how to read them now.
It's not tone for me. It's the gamesolving that seems to keep looping into positions that leave room for multiple misyeets.
 
Question here: Vis's tone has been the exact same this game as it has been in BoWWnty Hunting (to me). Those that are reading wolf Vis, what nuances are you seeing in their tone that makes you lean Vis?
I ask because in BoWWnty tot chat I was absolutely convinced vis was a wolf and it turned out everyone was 3p, so I have no clue how to read them now.
My reasons are non-tone based. Her tone has pinged me but I haven't been relying on that at all for my read because my I'm **** at reading her tone 😂

I don't like that she keeps bringing up the same old quotes for reading people or pushing lines of questioning that should have already resolved and that a lot of her reads are quite opposite of mine.
 
I mean there are lots of reasons and it also assumes that you aren’t W/W with meaty. My point is being opposed to ties or breaking ties is NAI. Wolves want to powerwolf too and look good among villagers.
Look I was sus of VMH and Mel voted against me for it. Just trying to give VMH the benefit of the doubt, but all I’ve seen is that she has joined obvious wagons like first violet and then Ivy with the only given reason to break the tie.
Mel and vis find VMH village so I wanted to see why.
You and AM are sus of her.
I’m feeling neutral about her atm. I want to hear more from her on some harder to read players than just the obvious wagon of the day.

EDIT: typo
 
so I haven't read much of the thread today but it's interesting stoat is reading me village now given that she was very freaked out by me yesterday...
That's always been True. His megapost got me thinking but I said I would like to hear from vets who know your play. I suppose I should check and see which vets replied, vis a vis my wolf list.
 
Are you feeling any different about fluff today?
Sorry, it’s been a busy day. I’m planning to post a whole reads list soon.

On Fluff specifically, I’ve gone back and forth a few times. There’s things that have pinged me quite a bit, and some of Fluff’s posts ring village to me. However, I didn’t like the way the vote built on Fluff yesterday when the Violet wagon fell apart.

I’m not quite ready to village read Fluff, but given the situation I think there was likely some opportunistic voting for Fluff, and short of an elaborate bussing scheme, it seems more likely than not Fluff is village and some wolves tried to take advantage of the waffles. That’s my interpretation of the vote switches last night.

So Fluff is on the village side of my neutrals. Mostly likely village, but I’ll probably leave Fluff at the top of my neutrals until we get a wolf and I can have a more concrete analysis of the voting.
 
Kal - neutral to slightly wolfy. Had strong pings from their initial approach to pushing Ivy and their over-reactivity to fluff, and now again feel worse about them knowing that Ivy’s village. I’ve liked the rest of their content as far as I remember, but I need to go over it again in the light of day

meats - village. Haven’t had any wolf pings and her content shows evidence of wolfhunting.

Octo - I’ve been largely ignoring Octo as I don’t know how to read a player who’s been so absent from the thread. I’m increasingly troubled to hear they seem to be keeping up and active in PMs but have been avoiding thread.

Sporty - Haven’t reconsidered to take into account last night yet, can’t remember what she did, but this is how I’m feeling:
Vis, hasn’t meats also gone after low hanging fruit? Violet and then Ivy? Why are you cornering April so much about this?
 
That's always been True. His megapost got me thinking but I said I would like to hear from vets who know your play. I suppose I should check and see which vets replied, vis a vis my wolf list.
You guys did a lot of agreeing back and forth and your whole “sporty saying this is villagey is a good way to backtrack” sure felt like putting pressure without committing

Like, I welcome people to constantly reevaluate their reads but you did feel a whole lot more convinced I was a wolf than you suddenly are today.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Frame 3 Official Vote Tally

meats (1)- lawpy (c)
alley (2) - violet (c), blue (c)
YK (1) - Mel
Vis (3) - puppsy, april, sporty

Ineligible to vote: AM

7/16

Missing: Etc etc

Voting ends Monday 1/24 at 10PM ET

1642979502844.png
 
This is where I'm at with my POE and in the order I'd vote for them.

YK, Sporty, OctoDoc, Blue, Visc +/- Zenge, April, AM

I'm starting to come around on Visc because yeah I gave her village points for some of her early pushes but going back over it, they're kinda superficial questioning.

Zenge idk I feel like I gave him too much village cred early. Gameplay has been villagey overall, but I'm not happy with his meats vote/push and I felt a little bit of buddying re: my noob!wolfpack theory.

April is back in POE because of the Ivy ISO but just barely.

Something about AM is off, I don't like that she's misinterpreting threadstate so egregiously, as indicated by myself and alley's correction last night. I'd vote there if people want to flip her but if I'm the only one that feels she's off, the Dubz N1 kill is enough for me to stay off of her for another day or two.
Why did the Ivy ISO move April into the POE? I had the entire opposite reaction.
 
I'm back from hiking and happy that we have traction on someone who's been on a lot of wolf lists but who hasn't had a coordinated voting effort seen through, besides one early wagon. I'm hoping the energy doesn't fizzle out this time.

Unyeet Alley, yeet Vis
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@youngkal Is there a reason you opted to self-prez on Blue instead of Vis?

Honestly nope. I think WZ had said they thought maybe Bluey was in the lead so I went there but also I dont remember any of VIS posts either so I just picked one

This is interesting


just something to contemplate when we have a Vis/YK/stoat flip
noting this
 
Slightly more inclined to think kal is village (compared to previously neutral read) because I don't get the feeling that a wolf would have been so chill during an absolutely crazy waffle hour while they were knowingly sitting on a village vote
Eh, I’ve done that as a wolf before. Idk if you have or not. I should check previous games but I don’t even have the motivation to keep up with this one.
 
It's not tone for me. It's the gamesolving that seems to keep looping into positions that leave room for multiple misyeets.
I don’t even know what this means. If you mean that I have conflicted thoughts on many players, then, well, yeah. I can see why it might look like hedging, but I try to continually reevaluate my position on players and not get too stuck in any one tunnel. I don’t know what to make of the tmi-seeming last sentence here. I feel like you’re a good enough wolf not to slip like that, but I don’t understand the confidence that my reads would lead to misyeets.
 
I don’t even know what this means. If you mean that I have conflicted thoughts on many players, then, well, yeah. I can see why it might look like hedging, but I try to continually reevaluate my position on players and not get too stuck in any one tunnel. I don’t know what to make of the tmi-seeming last sentence here. I feel like you’re a good enough wolf not to slip like that, but I don’t understand the confidence that my reads would lead to misyeets.
I don't feel violet or fluff will result in a wolf flip. I also don't feel meats is all that villagey.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Vis, hasn’t meats also gone after low hanging fruit? Violet and then Ivy? Why are you cornering April so much about this?
It was the difference between a list that seemed to be entirely easy pushes, some of which I don’t remember seeing her discuss previously vs focused pushes on multiple people, some of which were easy pushes, but with reasoning supporting it.