-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD
Started by cubsrule4e
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Me N1: locked in the (bowling alley) bathroom and wasnt able to go out until the morning when bowling alley worker let me out (unable to use any night actions)Could someone with more time than me find make a list of everyone who has openly told the thread they had an action used on them and what it was? Sorry, I would do it myself but I've got to run in soon.
Checking in with you again @puppydogtor how has Octo's activity been in the PM and what's your read on them based off of that?
Based on everything today, the wolfy list in my head currently is (vaguely in order from most to least) Octo, Vis, Zenge, Mel, Sporty, yk and meats. Not voting Octo today since they haven't said much in general and I'd feel bad if it turned out they were just an overwhelmed villager. puppy's response might change that though.
Still sticking with Vis for now. Sorry samac, but you're currently pretty neutral (maybe a little village-leaning) and I don't have the same evidence as you.
I have to go stick some data loggers on cows in 10 minutes, but I'll be back about an hour before the end of the cycle.
.
@cubsrule4e I think you forgot my Vis vote.
I was also protected from N1 to end of next day cycle --- didnt share this on thread until now bc i was curious if youd all try to yeet me
I agree with the Vis vote. I think there's likely a wolf there. I usually expect to see more thoughtful game solving from village vis. If it gets close enough to need it push it over the edge I'll move but I want to see what happens if things are a little closer with some other players.
Yeet YK
Yeet YK
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YK’s posts were coming across to me more of a confused villager struggling to make sense of things. I feel wolf!YK would be more… idk how to say this, but aware and updated on what’s happeningWhat made you change your mind?
lol its okay lawpy you can call me a slacker 😛YK’s posts were coming across to me more of a confused villager struggling to make sense of things. I feel wolf!YK would be more… idk how to say this, but aware and updated on what’s happening
justafluff
Good skelegg
EDIT: tagging @violetvett - good luck with the cows (watch out for Sporty's cowtapult!!) & interview prep!
This is my list from memory - so corrent me if I'm wrong:
N1: @youngkal locked in the bathroom
N2: @Aprilthearab locked in the bathroom, @alleycat03 followed, @SportPonies followed (but different quote?, whatever "flavor"means)
This is my list from memory - so corrent me if I'm wrong:
N1: @youngkal locked in the bathroom
N2: @Aprilthearab locked in the bathroom, @alleycat03 followed, @SportPonies followed (but different quote?, whatever "flavor"means)
Watch Villagers you think are going to die. Track Tricksy wolves you think are out and about killing people.
Watch WWillagers?
AdjustedCould someone with more time than me find make a list of everyone who has openly told the thread they had an action used on them and what it was? Sorry, I would do it myself but I've got to run in soon.
Checking in with you again @puppydogtor how has Octo's activity been in the PM and what's your read on them based off of that?
Based on everything today, the wolfy list in my head currently is (vaguely in order from most to least) Octo, Vis, Zenge, Mel, Sporty, yk and meats. Not voting Octo today since they haven't said much in general and I'd feel bad if it turned out they were just an overwhelmed villager. puppy's response might change that though.
Still sticking with Vis for now. Sorry samac, but you're currently pretty neutral (maybe a little village-leaning) and I don't have the same evidence as you.
I have to go stick some data loggers on cows in 10 minutes, but I'll be back about an hour before the end of the cycle.
.
@cubsrule4e I think you forgot my Vis vote.
One variation was done so far already.Watch WWillagers?
I have a tinfoil but i’m not going to say it just yet. But this is making me think 🤔EDIT: tagging @violetvett - good luck with the cows (watch out for Sporty's cowtapult!!) & interview prep!
This is my list from memory - so corrent me if I'm wrong:
N1: @youngkal locked in the bathroom
N2: @Aprilthearab locked in the bathroom, @alleycat03 followed, @SportPonies followed (but different quote?, whatever "flavor"means)
One variation was done so far already.

justafluff
Good skelegg
Honestly, same. I feel bad voting for her again. I feel bad voting for vis cause @samac comes across as village to me.
YK’s posts were coming across to me more of a confused villager struggling to make sense of things. I feel wolf!YK would be more… idk how to say this, but aware and updated on what’s happening
wish id like to say that later ill remember that this exists but i won't.... maybe if i qoute it ill remember/find it easierI have a tinfoil but i’m not going to say it just yet. But this is making me think 🤔
justafluff
Good skelegg
yeet Melchizedek
Frame 3 Official Vote Tally
meats (1)- lawpy
alley () -
YK (2) - Mel, samac, Zenge
Vis (4) - puppy, april, sporty, blue, violet
Mel (1) - fluff
Leading: @Viscernable
Ineligible to vote: AM
10/16
Missing: @alleycat03, @youngkal, @vetmedhead, @Viscernable, @potentialsheltervet, @OctopusDoctorpus
Day close: ~3.25 hours EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND
meats (1)- lawpy
alley () -
YK (2) - Mel, samac, Zenge
Vis (4) - puppy, april, sporty, blue, violet
Mel (1) - fluff
Leading: @Viscernable
Ineligible to vote: AM
10/16
Missing: @alleycat03, @youngkal, @vetmedhead, @Viscernable, @potentialsheltervet, @OctopusDoctorpus
Day close: ~3.25 hours EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There’s a small soft tinfoil that can explain why a wolf would claim that way but holding off from that now. Mechanics can send me off to the deep end pretty easilyI don’t think I’ve seen a wolf be ballsy enough to claim exactly what has flipped.
If she was a wolf I would expect wolves to have the same roles to be able to know that and role reveals would then be moot at that point.
Noting this downFrame 3 Official Vote Tally
meats (1)- lawpy
alley () -
YK (2) - Mel, samac, Zenge
Vis (4) - puppy, april, sporty, blue, violet
Mel (1) - fluff
Leading: @Viscernable
Ineligible to vote: AM
10/16
Missing: @alleycat03, @youngkal, @vetmedhead, @Viscernable, @potentialsheltervet, @OctopusDoctorpus
Day close: ~3.25 hours EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND
View attachment 348856
Why YK if there's a wagon forming on Vis that you agree with? It seems like another situation where a tie and scattering from votes could result. Is it because YK is wolfier to you?I agree with the Vis vote. I think there's likely a wolf there. I usually expect to see more thoughtful game solving from village vis. If it gets close enough to need it push it over the edge I'll move but I want to see what happens if things are a little closer with some other players.
Yeet YK
…. What?I agree with the Vis vote. I think there's likely a wolf there. I usually expect to see more thoughtful game solving from village vis. If it gets close enough to need it push it over the edge I'll move but I want to see what happens if things are a little closer with some other players.
Yeet YK
I also lost my voting ability night one and AM did last night.EDIT: tagging @violetvett - good luck with the cows (watch out for Sporty's cowtapult!!) & interview prep!
This is my list from memory - so corrent me if I'm wrong:
N1: @youngkal locked in the bathroom
N2: @Aprilthearab locked in the bathroom, @alleycat03 followed, @SportPonies followed (but different quote?, whatever "flavor"means)
justafluff
Good skelegg
@youngkal do you mean you were protected by being locked in the bathroom (side-effect of block) or someone else tried to protect you?
justafluff
Good skelegg
It might be a wolf doing this.I also lost my voting ability night one and AM did last night
If this is a village ability I will eat shorty’s other shoe.It might be a wolf doing this.
Yes i think so tooIt might be a wolf doing this.
I'll wrestle it from you first cause sameIf this is a village ability I will eat shorty’s other shoe.
justafluff
Good skelegg
So... you wanna see more ties forming?I agree with the Vis vote. I think there's likely a wolf there. I usually expect to see more thoughtful game solving from village vis. If it gets close enough to need it push it over the edge I'll move but I want to see what happens if things are a little closer with some other players.
Yeet YK
came as two different messages so someone else protected me i assume, The bathroom was like preventing me from doing any assinged night actions (im paraphrasing here) and it was after i became friends with someone else@youngkal do you mean you were protected by being locked in the bathroom (side-effect of block) or someone else tried to protect you?
I don't see a good argument for one being more of a wolf over the other. I'd be happy to see either one yeeted. But when votes are all piled on a single player, the thread loses mass and velocity, because everyone knows what's coming and people don't post or try to mix things up.Why YK if there's a wagon forming on Vis that you agree with? It seems like another situation where a tie and scattering from votes could result. Is it because YK is wolfier to you?
When votes are in close proximity, you can learn a lot from the vote patterns and movements people make, or don't make.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not in favor of ties. But a stagnant vote is a vote with less to analyze and less information about people's behavior.So... you wanna see more ties forming?
Is this the same friend who couldn't keep True's head from being mashed in with bowling ballscame as two different messages so someone else protected me i assume, The bathroom was like preventing me from doing any assinged night actions (im paraphrasing here) and it was after i became friends with someone else
At least they were there with him at the end 🥲
Its too much of an antivillage play which is why i think it’s a wolfOr it's a villager with whom I have a stern disagreement on the proper application of their vote blocking ability lol
justafluff
Good skelegg
@Lawpy what's your opinion on @youngkal? You two must be pming right?
I see your logic and I'm going to bookmark this post to copy/paste if you ever question a vote of mine such that I can respond thus.I don't see a good argument for one being more of a wolf over the other. I'd be happy to see either one yeeted. But when votes are all piled on a single player, the thread loses mass and velocity, because everyone knows what's coming and people don't post or try to mix things up.
When votes are in close proximity, you can learn a lot from the vote patterns and movements people make, or don't make.
It was a sarcasm plsIts too much of an antivillage play which is why i think it’s a wolf
stoaty pls i need an /s pls 😢It was a sarcasm pls
justafluff
Good skelegg
I get that. I was very hesitant to go on the violet wagon even though her finger-pointing felt wolfy to me.I'm not in favor of ties. But a stagnant vote is a vote with less to analyze and less information about people's behavior.
I mean, no one has mentioned either of us as deep POE (even if they opt not to vote there themselves). So I'm pretty sure they're not trying to take control away from wolves.Or it's a villager with whom I have a stern disagreement on the proper application of their vote blocking ability lol
I think i’ll put her in wolfy to neutral range but the PMs and the confused responses kinda lean her more neutral than wolfy.@Lawpy what's your opinion on @youngkal? You two must be pming right?
This might already be known, but just adding that once an ability is correctly IDed as wolfy by a majority, future targets may fall under WIFOM.
justafluff
Good skelegg
You know what would be really funny? if it was DocOcto's ability and he was village.This might already be known, but just adding that once an ability is correctly IDed as wolfy by a majority, future targets may fall under WIFOM.
Can I please have a brief description of what WIFOM means? I looked at the definitions and I get the abbreviation but somehow I am not understanding it in context.
I'd smack his with his own tentacleYou know what would be really funny? if it was DocOcto's ability and he was village.
Eh so can previous targets? Wolfy ability use shouldn’t be treated like a sort of affiliation seering in any caseThis might already be known, but just adding that once an ability is correctly IDed as wolfy by a majority, future targets may fall under WIFOM.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! Sorry for being absent today, I've been pretty busy. Classes started in person this week so if you don't hear much from me on Tues/Thurs that's why. I also am starting DnD for the first time tonight (yay!) but will do my best to make it on before close! Please @ me if you ask me anything.
I skimmed most of the pages from today and the more I hear from Mel the more I wolf read them. Zenge, Lawpy, and Sporty are still really hard for me to read. I also am not wolf reading Alley when some people I village read are- what am missing?
I have not heard from Octo at all today :/Checking in with you again @puppydogtor how has Octo's activity been in the PM and what's your read on them based off of that?
I skimmed most of the pages from today and the more I hear from Mel the more I wolf read them. Zenge, Lawpy, and Sporty are still really hard for me to read. I also am not wolf reading Alley when some people I village read are- what am missing?
Circular or overly-analytical logic that often relies on many assumptions and leaps of logic, and which ultimately obscures instead of clarifies the problem, is how I'm thinking of itCan I please have a brief description of what WIFOM means? I looked at the definitions and I get the abbreviation but somehow I am not understanding it in context.
The Princess Bride (1987) - Wallace Shawn as Vizzini - IMDb
The Princess Bride (1987) - Wallace Shawn as Vizzini
Fourth quote down, Vizzini v Man in Black, is the original. "Where is the poison?"
Who are you village reading?Hi all! Sorry for being absent today, I've been pretty busy. Classes started in person this week so if you don't hear much from me on Tues/Thurs that's why. I also am starting DnD for the first time tonight (yay!) but will do my best to make it on before close! Please @ me if you ask me anything.
I have not heard from Octo at all today :/
I skimmed most of the pages from today and the more I hear from Mel the more I wolf read them. Zenge, Lawpy, and Sporty are still really hard for me to read. I also am not wolf reading Alley when some people I village read are- what am missing?
No wine only beer pls angery reacts welcomeIMO reading the original scene really helps distill the essence of WIFOM