BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I’m back. Sorry it’s been an awfully long day at school and I still have my lovely ~eye problems~ so plz be patient as I catch up and respond to my mentions
 
Hey, guess who just got a job at a vet clinic and will hopefully be able to get enough vet experience hours to make me really attractive with applications this go around! 😍
**********
Congrats!
**********
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Eh so can previous targets? Wolfy ability use shouldn’t be treated like a sort of affiliation seering in any case
It's pretty silly to intentionally handicap a pack member from protecting themselves/getting cred when it still has believability for being a village action.
 
Why do you need to feel better about two people who are in your too village reads? (samac and pshelter) if you need more from them then shouldn't they be lower on your list?

Also why so confident in lawpy? Ngl I can't remember if I've ever played a game with him (though I think I've modded for him before in the MMeat game or something) and never know how to interpret his approach
If Lawpy is a wolf then I’ve been completely tricked. I have not seen him as a wolf, but I would expect him to act at least a little bit different from the other games I’ve played with him while he’s been a villager.

Samac and pshelter both feel village to me. Same with the other people I mentioned, like Zenge and puppy. But I’m 100% getting paranoid that any of them could be a wolf who snuck into my village reads too easily.

But it’s been a few days (plus the modkills) of only villagers dying, and I feel like we need to catch a wolf pretty badly, so when the people I was wolf reading don’t seem wolfy anymore, then there’s something wrong with my reads. But I haven’t figured out yet what is wrong with my reads and why they aren’t meshing right in my brain anymore.
 
Hey, guess who just got a job at a vet clinic and will hopefully be able to get enough vet experience hours to make me really attractive with applications this go around! 😍
That's awesome!! Congratulations!!! I know getting to vet school is a big milestone, but pre-vet can be fun too! I've personally learned so much just by shadowing, so imagine working full time!
 
Can I please have a brief description of what WIFOM means? I looked at the definitions and I get the abbreviation but somehow I am not understanding it in context.
In this context, assuming the vote stealer is still alive after today, the next person who gets their vote stolen you might assume is village. Because obviously, wolves want more vote control. But the wolves know you'll think this, so they could alternatively take their own teammate's vote so the teammate can later say "But I was targeted by a wolfy action so that's proof I'm a villager!" But, wolves may know that you think the latter so maybe they'll continue to attack exclusively villagers so you'll misyeet the voteless.

On a more subconscious level, you may also feel reluctant to vote someone who can't self-prez so that another thing to be wary of that wolves can manipulate.

In short, try to let whether someone is vote stolen or not have minimal impact on your read of them because it'll make your head spin.
 
Not when crazy things like deepwolfing are in play. Could’ve sworn I saw that happening a while ago, which was bizarre and terrifying
Unless you think samac or I are wolfing, you don't need to be concerned about this until a deepwolf flips.
 
I don’t understand how you’re shading my for my reads when our POE is nearly identical.

The only difference is you have Stoat in your POE, and I have VMH in mine, and Sporty is at the bottom of my Neutrals instead of being a full blown wolf read.


Why are shading me for having a POE that’s nearly identical to your own?

Why are you currently wolf reading Stoat?
What has you Village reading VMH to be ~equal to AM?
I think there’s something wrong with my POE, and if we don’t get a wolf tonight then I’m flipping it completely upside down and totally re-evaluating my village reads. You’re right, your POE is similar to mine. But they both feel wrong, like there’s too many easy misyeets in our POEs, like low-hanging fruit. I know you push players that are low hanging fruit and misyeet them when you’re a wolf.

I like VMH’s pushes and how she’s been approaching the thread and asking questions.

The only game I’ve seen her wolf (as a lone wolf) is apocalypse, which was an entire year ago. At some point I’d like to look and see her posts in that game, but I’ve been super busy at school and have not had time for that.

I don’t like how focused stoat is on how other people are reading her, and I explained that over the past few days. I think it’s wolfy to be that concerned with how other people are reading you, enough so that you mention it and let it influence your reads of other people like she’s doing.
 
Im playing dnd.
If anyone has any direct questions
Pls tag me.
E4621C44-394F-4D27-8877-2164BA62187F.jpeg
 
That's awesome!! Congratulations!!! I know getting to vet school is a big milestone, but pre-vet can be fun too! I've personally learned so much just by shadowing, so imagine working full time!
****
Oh I will definitely not be full time. I have challenging dogs and, volunteer shifts that I am not giving up, and a capstone project (which I should be working on right now but I'm WWing instead) so probably more like 20 hours a week. Still excited though and will get to see more stuff than I saw at the wellness-only private practice I used to work at!
Also, more money to buy stuff for my dogs. And save up for school I guess, but mostly the former.
****
 
SparkNotes is that Mel seems like he's not wolfhunting super well and is focused on criticizing your reads as very out of touch, and my impression (without an ISO or close look because busy) is that he and Alley are tag-teaming on agreeing on different reads, or at least liking suspicions I don't quite align with
I think Mel has been wolfhunting. He’s just also been disagreeing with AM and sporty and several of his posts have been focused on them too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Frame 3 Official Vote Tally

meats (1)- lawpy
alley () -
YK (2) - Mel, samac, Zenge
Vis (4) - puppy, april, sporty, blue, violet
Mel (1) - fluff

Leading: @Viscernable

Ineligible to vote: AM

10/16

Missing: @alleycat03, @youngkal, @vetmedhead, @Viscernable, @potentialsheltervet, @OctopusDoctorpus

Day close: ~2 hours EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND

1643068125644.png
 
***********
@samac so cool that you use something visual for the quests. Tried playing over zoom once, with just imagination and character ability sheets, and couldn't get into it.
***********
********
If I'm not mistaken, that looks like Owlbear Rodeo

********
 
For people who keep claiming that “I’m throwing around a lot of suspicion”
It’s D3 and we haven’t found a wolf. Everyone should be re-evaluating their assumptions about who is wolf or villager. We’ve spent two days all discussing the same people, it’s time to make sure we’re looking at all the angles. I’m still between YK, Fluff, and sporty as my three that I want to vote today but in a 36 hour cycle, there is nothing wolfy about making sure you look at all the players, and bugger off if you’re trying to spin it that way.
Mel said it a lot more eloquently than my attempt. I feel like I need to re-evaluate my reads, and hopefully going through this catch-up can help me solidify my thoughts.
 
I don't think Doc Ock is a wolf. I think they're a villager that got overwhelmed with the game and tapped out, and will probably be modkilled soon if he doesn't pop up to vote. Unless he's active in wolfchat I don't think he'll be around much longer, unfortunately, so I wouldn't waste a vote.
Be careful because inactivity is NAI. This game also has no post minimums. So hopefully a modkill occurs if they don't post within a cycle but no promises since it's not a rule.
 
Your phrasing has the implication that is "focusing on the same players" going into D3 is losing the game. The majority of deaths at this point (even if you exclude the night kills) have been ones we didn't pursue. Considering only one of those focused players flipped, Ivy, I think it's (here's your favorite word) alarmist to decide it's time to break down the village bloc. Yes, we are closer to parity, but not due to multiple erroneous decisions. Even an excellent village game can be brought to dicier situations by modkills.
We went from 23 players to 17 now (and only 16 of us can vote) in 2 game days. I feel like I’ve been playing this game for over a week and we haven’t had a wolf flip yet so I am a bit nervous. You are correct that it’s only D3, but I feel like it’s been way longer than that, so I’m getting paranoid about all of my reads being wrong
 
Right now it feels like the people that have been discussed over and over are Visc, VMH, DocOcto, Sporty, and YK
of these people I'm not willing to vote VMH for sure. YK and Sporty I'd vote for, but YK>Sporty. Visc I can be talked into but I don't feel like she's a wolf. I don't really know what to do with DocOcto. Seems to be struggling to swim in the deep end, I'd go there later in the game if they aren't resolved by then.

The two blocs seem to me to be myself, alley, VMH, Lawpy or AM, April, Sporty +/- Blue.
Don't know where I'd put PSV, Pubdog, or zenge between those blocs and I'm wondering if this is where the overlooked wolf is, because I haven't seen anyone really tell me why these three should be considered village besides vague references to feels, vibes, etc. I've liked PSV and Pubdog's posts for the most part. They look like they're asking questions, chasing down their leads, and trying to gather data. Zenge feels like he's just been....around? I would start with Zenge in this group.
Okay if I’ve supposedly pocketed Mel, then he’s pocketed me too
 
We went from 23 players to 17 now (and only 16 of us can vote) in 2 game days. I feel like I’ve been playing this game for over a week and we haven’t had a wolf flip yet so I am a bit nervous. You are correct that it’s only D3, but I feel like it’s been way longer than that, so I’m getting paranoid about all of my reads being wrong
How long it feels doesn't change how long it's actually been though. Your reads might be wrong but, again, that has nothing to do with how long it's been unless one misyeet means doomsday to you.
 
We went from 23 players to 17 now (and only 16 of us can vote) in 2 game days. I feel like I’ve been playing this game for over a week and we haven’t had a wolf flip yet so I am a bit nervous. You are correct that it’s only D3, but I feel like it’s been way longer than that, so I’m getting paranoid about all of my reads being wrong
I think the 36/12s are misleading. We’ve only had 2 cycles, and considering we didn’t get any flips from the D1 cycle because the tie results, it’s still a very early game.
 
I’m your second highest village read but you have to feel better about me?
Because you’re acting completely normal and village, but then I remember how easily you tricked me in RvB. And then I remember that you were a convert there, and I am back to square one. I think you’re a villager, but I’m making myself worried that you slipped into my village reads too easily. Idk I think I’m just being too paranoid
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Because you’re acting completely normal and village, but then I remember how easily you tricked me in RvB. And then I remember that you were a convert there, and I am back to square one. I think you’re a villager, but I’m making myself worried that you slipped into my village reads too easily. Idk I think I’m just being too paranoid
RvB is a bad game to compare to here. Samac was village for all but the very end of that game when she got converted, so for 95% of it you were talking to village samac. I wouldn’t use it as a bellwether for analyzing a wolf!samac game
 
Meaty pls, we played in Ireland
Idk why I thought you totted that game

He also has alley in his neutrals. You're the only one he's village reading so that bloc doesn't exist to begin with except among you three.

I have not seen a single example of April/me/Sporty still. Even asking me, I have the other two in my POE.
Which reminds me, why is April still in your POE? Wondering what you want to see out of her to move her out for you
Yes I remember that. I went and looked at her posts yesterday. She doesn’t give me a wolfy vibe. What bothers me about VMH, is that she joined the violet wagon cause violet was wolfy and then the Ivy wagon just to break a tie. That’s fair, but then you and vis come and call that a valid effort at wolf hunting, and clear her as village, while I’m in everyone’s neutral POE and I’m constantly on thread looking at posts and defending people and still you find me wolfy.
I frequently get credit for my bad play, idk why. FWIW I don't think my voting behavior on that wagon was giving me village points from anybody (probably the opposite in fact) but I think people referenced other posts of mine. I don't know that switching specifically to break a tie is necessarily affiliation indicative though because there's motivation for wolves and villagers to avoid them
Watch WWillagers?
The Princess Bride Marriage GIF
Eh so can previous targets? Wolfy ability use shouldn’t be treated like a sort of affiliation seering in any case
Yes but I think the target selection to this point has been wolfy, which is somewhat the point that it could be used later to fake clear someone by having the ability used on them later on