BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In all seriousness Mel, I am over 40 pages behind on the thread and not even able to keep up with the current pages generated. It's the first full week of this semester of vet school and I just straight up don't have time to do a couple hours worth of ISOing. Nor do I feel it's necessary considering most/all the villagers are already reading you wolfy.
You are 40 pages behind. For a split second, consider that you don’t have the most informed opinion and are selectively seeing what you want to see from the scattered data you are gathering while being behind.
 
When I say bigger pack I don’t mean 6-7 wolves. I mean 5 with some power.
I don’t think it is. 21 players, 4 wolves is 17% wolfing 5 wolves is 24%. With 3 people claiming vig shot I lean more towards the higher end of things or an alpha.
It’s not that big of a leap.
I agree. Plus very few of us have repetitive powers - in the noob game, everyone had a PR. it's not like the wolves are overwhelmed by village power.
 
Yesssss, another wolf, thanks Sporty! I'm pleasantly surprised with myself since both wolves we've got so far were on my wolfy list early on 😊


I believe this. Maybe I'm naive, but this seems wayyy too specific and logical to be a fakeclaim. Plus Sporty's claim matches this concept super well, this would be a ridiculously detailed wolf lie. Then again, I don't want to underestimate anyone, but puppy's pretty far in my village list now.



^This is what tipped me off honestly. I'm definitely a villager and this leap in logic was something else. Plus the randomly putting me on their wolflist 🙄

Right now, YK and Mel seem like the obvious choices for wolfiness. YK keeps posting the colored lists of wolf vs villagers (they are really helpful, though, thanks!) but isn't really inputting any original thoughts. It seems like an easy enough way to get village trust with minimal effort.

About to do a Mel ISO (that 86 page count is very scary tho) to confirm some stuff in my head. Might take some time, but I have tomorrow off so it'll be done before the end of the day cycle.
:bang::bang::bang:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I ask why you thought True was in any danger of being voted?
Thats exactly why I picked True. We needed more actual flips with the way D1 ended, so I picked a villager that people weren't going to vote for. I could've idled, but as a mod, I know thats annoying when players don't use their abilities even if its a strategic reason, so I indulged them.

Like I said. Shiggles is my meta.
 
Depending on the number of wolves we have left i think there is a chance that theres still a wolf in Z's wolf list 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
 
I am feeling pretty rough so I don't know how active I'll be tomorrow. So I decided to pull up Zenge and Vis's last reads list and compare/contrast so I can at least leave some sort of contribution.
Both read village or village lean: AM, samac, Lawpy, puppy, me
Both read neutral: fluff, YK
Both read wolfy: no agreement
I would think the wolves would be buried in village/village leans or nested in neutral to try and avoid drawing suspicion later on. I could go down a WIFOM spin on whether any of the players listed in wolfy might be wolves or not. But here's this for future reference.
Village:
Animal Midwife - Still feel good about my read here. My strongest village read.

samac - I’m seeing a lot of wild off the wall energy that I expect from village Samac. She’s asking the right questions and making the right pushes I expect from a villager.

Lawpy - His posts make sense. I mostly follow his logic. The stubbornness was frustrating but I don’t think Lawpy is a wolf.

Aprilthearab - Her push on Vis was genuine, and early. 100% a villager.

puppydogtor - Position on the vis vote was gold. Unless there’s some wacky bussing going on, this is a villager.

potentialsheltervet - PSV still feels like a noob villager. I’m not seeing anything that’s pinging me. Slight village read here.

SportPonies - Her position on the Vis vote cements this as a villager for me. I’m still freaked out by her asking for the vig to role reveal. For that she’s staying at the bottom of my village reads.

Neutral:
justafluff - Nothing useful from the vis vote to move Fluff one way or another. Vis’s lack of push here is concerning though.

Youngkal - I’m not seeing anything that makes me think this is a villager. BUT Vissy’s push here only makes sense if this is a villager. Neutral for now.

Wolfy:
violetvett - At this point I feel like I was played by the role reveal. I haven’t seen any posts that makes me think this is a villager. Very little concrete analysis that I feel good about.

Alleycat03 - I think I gave her too much credit for early game. Her latest pushes, me especially feels off and disingenuous. I think she was buddying up with me so that if she went down it would make me look bad. I’m disappointed I fell into this trap.

Melchizedek - April and AM in his POE should have been the last straw. His reads have made no sense, his pushes make no sense. This is a wolf and 100% where I’d be voting today. If Mel doesn’t flip wolf, just vote me out. I don’t want to deal with being this wrong and fighting off the misyeet all cycle.
Wolfy to neutral:
sporty, april
Octo
yk
fluff
Village lean: violet, psv, Zenge, Mel, alley
Village: samac, puppy, AM, meats, Lawpy
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thats exactly why I picked True. We needed more actual flips with the way D1 ended, so I picked a villager that people weren't going to vote for. I could've idled, but as a mod, I know thats annoying when players don't use their abilities even if its a strategic reason, so I indulged them.

Like I said. Shiggles is my meta.
I mean, True was in your third tier of village leans so I'm surprised you didn't aim for someone under tier 1.
 
I mean, True was in your third tier of village leans so I'm surprised you didn't aim for someone under tier 1.
My leans don't control the voting pattern, I was going off of thread consensus because that was an indication of who was/wasn't going to be on the chopping block the next day. Most people, including yourself, had True at more than a village lean.
 
My leans don't control the voting pattern, I was going off of thread consensus because that was an indication of who was/wasn't going to be on the chopping block the next day. Most people, including yourself, had True at more than a village lean.
Wild you didn't use it on Ivy since you seemed attached to the concept of your PM partner being alive.
 
Enough of the mechanics talk though. Let's look at your interactions/discussions of the flipped wolves.
Like I said re: Visc. I gave her early village cred and caught it when I went to re-read. I wasn’t against a Visc vote. I repeatedly mention that Visc might be sketchy but I had reason to think YK was sketchier. I told you my reason. I ended up voting Visc to make sure there was a bigger divide and avoid a wafflefest.

Like I pointed out, Zenge was pretty much either off people’s radar, being village read, or being actively defended (by @Animal Midwife), until I went back to re-assess that there was a wolf we were overlooking. I had no reason to bring up zenge’s name, alley really drove the vote but sue me I can’t be on my phone during work days.
 
I'm going to do this day by day to make it less overwhelming for myself.

D1 Mel ISO

Tried to narrow it down to the quotes I found most interesting. Mel seems very focused on True's read of AM as village at first.
Talk to me about Visc. I’m getting sheeping feels re: my questioning of truenamer, but I remember that she and I are on the same page a lot as villagers and it could be I was just on thread before her.
Hm. Doesn't want to make up their mind of Vis.
Okay, now that you’re back can you explain your April vote? That felt like it came out of nowhere.
I was between patients and saw the tally. I wanted to see how votes would play out the rest of the day if she was also at 2 votes and tied with several other people who had 2 votes at that time.
Villager trying something out, or wolf seeing if a bandwagon will happen? Flip floppy.
So you’re voting for someone you weren’t actually wolf reading?
Yeet Mel.
I ISO’d her first when I got home and felt comfortable keeping my vote there over everyone else on the board. She had an early game post about noob!weirdness that was hedgey and didn’t really say anything. Felt like posting just to post. There was also a point where she asked someone about their read on genny and then just never discussed it further, and her VV vote was kinda outta the violet.
(Note: Zenge replied to this during the night in their readlist hours later, NOT as a direct reply.)
Neutral:
Melchizedek - I didn’t like the April vote without reasoning (at the time of the vote) and then dip but the response he gave me when asked about it was what I’d expect village Mel to say. Mel always seems wolfy to me but I’ll leave him as neutral.
Not sure what to make of all this. It's very sheepish and flip floppy from Zenge, but Mel doesn't really question Zenge.

But my current biggest suspicions are of viscernable… I think this might be noob bias but true looking into am and concluding that they’re always antagonistic without collecting precise data points and examples feels like a totally reasonable thing to do, and I feel like the way that vis needled at that behavior while also claiming to be going easy on true for being a noob feels like some shady attempts to cast legitimate detective work as nooby bumbling. I know some other people have mentioned suspicions and hesitancies with those suspicions so I’d love to know what others’ rationales are, but for me…
unyeet truenamer
yeet viscernable
I'm curious why you chose to highlight Visc's behavior when I did the same thing.
Subtly defending Vis (a wolf) after zuri (a villager) makes a logical vote. Sketchy.

My ISO is limited or sketchy?


But also why passes??? If you think they are sketchy vote them?
It’s sketchy. your reads on me, AM, genny, we’re lackluster and had no real reasoning behind them.

My neWW years resolution is to be nicer.
YK and Mel fighting. It seems genuine? Maybe it's just all of the punctuation from YK lol. I feel like that's some pretty good acting there if they're w/w though. They go back and forth a little more that goes into N1.

Into N1 now.

Mel questions my motives along with puppy and lawpy.
This is a good point and feels almost like VV was trying to pull votes off of Fluff. I'm leaning into the VV/Fluff pack theory.

The rest of pubdog's post here feels villagey. Even the walk-back on the read on Fluff sounds like villager re-evaluating a read v.s. what I think VV did.
Just to restate, I honestly thought (and still think) fluff is village from their methods/tone/etc. Someone else will have to analyze that quote since I'm biased obviously.
Samac, lawpy - village
Visc, AM, Alley, Zenge, Pubdog, VMH
Dubz*, genny, The True True^, PSV, April
anyone I don’t specifically name- neutral
Zuri, VV, YK,
Fluffernutter, Sporty - woofy

*I will easily reverse this, she’s being TOO helpful and it makes my skin crawl.
^Thank you, I almost NEVER get to make this reference

I might be giving out village cred too easily. I feel like this many people in my village ish pile is not good, but then again its a big game...
Two confirmed wolves in the village-leaning pile. YK is still wolf-leaning here.

So yeah, not sure if that was helpful or not. Most interesting to me was that Mel didn't want to comment on Vis, didn't question Zenge and all Zenge ended up was with a neutral read on them, and the little spat with YK. I'll do D2/N2 after I make dinner.
 
In all seriousness Mel, I am over 40 pages behind on the thread and not even able to keep up with the current pages generated. It's the first full week of this semester of vet school and I just straight up don't have time to do a couple hours worth of ISOing. Nor do I feel it's necessary considering most/all the villagers are already reading you wolfy.
You’re a much better student than me because I didn’t even open my backpack tonight once I got home from school. Oops
 
my untouched D2 feels because well 🤷🏻‍♀️ maybe theres something here to still discover (again the two categories was people moving to between the two areas)
Sketchy


Zenge


Bluey


SP


fluff


octo





Middle


Bluey


PSV


Oct


Samac


vis





Village


AM


Mel


psv





Flipped Village


ivymoose


Genny


WZ


True
Another reads list I was forgotten in 😢
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is where I'm at with my POE and in the order I'd vote for them.

YK, Sporty, OctoDoc, Blue, Visc +/- Zenge, April, AM

I'm starting to come around on Visc because yeah I gave her village points for some of her early pushes but going back over it, they're kinda superficial questioning.

Zenge idk I feel like I gave him too much village cred early. Gameplay has been villagey overall, but I'm not happy with his meats vote/push and I felt a little bit of buddying re: my noob!wolfpack theory.

April is back in POE because of the Ivy ISO but just barely.

Something about AM is off, I don't like that she's misinterpreting threadstate so egregiously, as indicated by myself and alley's correction last night. I'd vote there if people want to flip her but if I'm the only one that feels she's off, the Dubz N1 kill is enough for me to stay off of her for another day or two.
Hmm 🤔
 
70% of my "study time" is working myself into a tizzy trying to find the resources the professors hid in the labyrinth that is Canvas
It’s okay, me too. A few hours before my quiz yesterday, my classmate told me about these super helpful powerpoints hidden under a flag on the main page. But not the “resources” flag, oh no they had to be under the “additional resources” tab and all the way at the bottom of another page 😡

And then I found out about some helpful but optional dissection videos on a completely different page and I wanted to scream.