Brainspotting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is brainspotting a good treatment?

• Total voters
My VA has the opposite problem: they approve alternate tours so often that we sometimes don't have adequate coverage, esp on Fridays of holiday weekends.

Members don't see this ad.

Are non-standard tours hard to come by? At our VA we (at least for now) seem to have the option without much pushback.

This likely comes down to the beliefs of local leadership and facility needs. Similar to rhe telework rules that are all over the place.

Oh, for sure. This is only people that have submitted their information to the website.

Another thing is, if you have enough interested clinicians, you can try to arrange a CPT training through an organization. I also know that Dr. Chard does community trainings through PESI.

Curious about thoughts on Written Exposure Therapy for PTSD from those closer to it than I. It seems like it requires a briefer course of treatment and is more easily manualized than PE/CPT with promising results. Might get easier buy in from those not properly trained in PE or CPT to increase county access.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are non-standard tours hard to come by? At our VA we (at least for now) seem to have the option without much pushback.
As others said, it can vary pretty widely from one VA to the next, depending on facility and service line leadership. Where I trained, it seemed that service-level leadership was generally open to alternate work schedules. At the first VA where I worked, when I first started, there wasn't too much pushback with respect to slight alternations to your tour of duty (e.g., starting at 7 or 7:30 instead of 8). I saw much less in the way of 4x10's, but I don't know if that was related to the clinicians' preferences (I never looked into it for myself). After a few service-level leadership changes, alternative work schedules were pretty much nonexistent. Same went for telework until the pandemic. Not sure how it is now, but I know they were pushing hard to get folks back into the facility last year.

Curious about thoughts on Written Exposure Therapy for PTSD from those closer to it than I. It seems like it requires a briefer course of treatment and is more easily manualized than PE/CPT with promising results. Might get easier buy in from those not properly trained in PE or CPT to increase county access.

There was a form of this years ago that I was aware of. If I recall correctly, it was only mildly helpful by itself. I'm not sure if there is another form, or a more formalized treatment attached to it these days. Interested in any citations to check out if so.

There was a form of this years ago that I was aware of. If I recall correctly, it was only mildly helpful by itself. I'm not sure if there is another form, or a more formalized treatment attached to it these days. Interested in any citations to check out if so.

Written Exposure vs Cognitive Processing Therapy on Treatment Efficiency for PTSD

There is this article I found and I know there is more ongoing research into the 5 session WET protocol at the VA. I have not looked into it that closely, but learned about it supervising some interns in trauma services during the pandemic and the protocol seems fairly easy to follow.

Written Exposure vs Cognitive Processing Therapy on Treatment Efficiency for PTSD

There is this article I found and I know there is more ongoing research into the 5 session WET protocol at the VA. I have not looked into it that closely, but learned about it supervising some interns in trauma services during the pandemic and the protocol seems fairly easy to follow.

Looks like CPT is just REALLY effective in the first 10 weeks and things just level out. I'd be curious about more long-term follow-ups, post 1-year. Also, it'd be helpful to get more generalized outcomes besides the CAPS, things like the QOLIE or PCRS as sx reports don't always track functional outcomes the best, especially in VA samples.

WET seems promising, but we need more research to determine its efficacy compared to CPT and PE. There is another study forthcoming.

Reactions: 1 users