Brown Decisions 3/14

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandulce321

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is anxiously awaiting a Brown decision tomorrow?!?! I am hoping for anything but a rejection.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, i hear they have a very active waitlist! good luck guys

Members don't see this ad :)
I am sooo nervous!

Hey guys, just wanted to wish you all luck! I was waitlisted at Brown in december, which was a better outcome than i expected because my interview went terribly, so keep hope alive! I didn't and was pleasantly surprised.

sorry this could be a silly question- but does Brown reject post-interview?

If so, do you guys know how many ppl are on the waitlist total?

sorry this could be a silly question- but does Brown reject post-interview?

If so, do you guys know how many ppl are on the waitlist total?
i know that they do reject post-interview because i know a few people who were rejected last year, but i have no idea how common it really is or what % of ppl they waitlist.

The Dean told my group that they would not "string us along."

Meaning that they WILL reject post-interview if they feel it will "not work out."

The Dean told my group that they would not "string us along."

Meaning that they WILL reject post-interview if they feel it will "not work out."

Same with my group. He also characterized the wait list as a "real" waitlist, where they're actually interested in the people on the list and expect to be taking people from the list. (As opposed to schools that might just throw a bunch of people on the waitlist to put off rejecting them.) If you're on the waitlist it means they did like you, but not enough to accept you outright.

Wait list... a bit upset but not surprised.

And the waiting continues :p

yeah.. accepted too.. my head almost exploded when i read the email. best of luck, everyone.

Is there any way to find out where you rank on the wait list?

I love you :) Where are you leaning towards?
Love you too :). Hope it works out for you. I think I really want to stay in CA, so I am leaning towards my UC school

Does anyone think they might be withdrawing their acceptance. I am sorry to be such a bother, but I *think* I may be engaged soon... and I can't imagine spending another year away from my fiance. Obviously I am prepared for another year apart, if it has to happen, but I really felt like Brown was a perfect fit academically.

Bleh I hate waiting :(

i may be withdrawing from the waitlist as well. sorry there's not really anyone on here who was accepted to let you know if they're withdrawing!

i may be withdrawing from the waitlist as well. sorry there's not really anyone on here who was accepted to let you know if they're withdrawing!

Thanks for the update. I have seen how badly you want Siani, so I'm hoping your wish comes true. You are an amazing applicant :). Good luck!

Thanks for the update. I have seen how badly you want Siani, so I'm hoping your wish comes true. You are an amazing applicant :). Good luck!
aww thanks good luck to you too! Let me know if when you hear from Brown, in case i don't happen to see it in a thread!

I withdrew from the waitlist today. Good luck to those still waiting - while I wasn't able to open a spot for you, at least now there's one less person who might take yours away...

I withdrew from the waitlist today. Good luck to those still waiting - while I wasn't able to open a spot for you, at least now there's one less person who might take yours away...

Thanks for the update :)