Brown or Iowa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which would you choose: Brown or Iowa?

• Brown

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • Iowa

Votes: 23 37.1%

• Total voters

KardiacKiehl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been waffling a lot between these two schools. I'm just curious which you all would go to if you had to choose between the two (comments on why would be helpful if you feel so inclined).

Members don't see this ad.

As one who is in the death-grip of the Brown waitlist, I would have loved to be accepted. Why are you having such a hard time deciding between the two (i.e. are they too similar, are you stuggling with the geography..) Ive been in Prov for 8 years (Brown undergrad who never left) so maybe I can shed some light.

Are you an Iowa resident?

Members don't see this ad :)
As one who is in the death-grip of the Brown waitlist, I would have loved to be accepted. Why are you having such a hard time deciding between the two (i.e. are they too similar, are you stuggling with the geography..) Ive been in Prov for 8 years (Brown undergrad who never left) so maybe I can shed some light.

No they're actually quite different, but I like them somewhat equally for very different ways. They're both very good schools, but very different in that Iowa is midwest/semi-rural and Brown is East Coast/semi-urban. I'm leaning Brown, but I was just curious what others had to say about it.

In my opinion, there is no choice here -- Brown. But then again thats where I would go b/c I did my undergrad there and loved every minute, you'll be fine either way