Brown University MPH-Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glamrockgoose

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have been accepted into three MPH programs- Brown, Tufts and Boston University...Does anyone have any inside info on any of these programs i.e. which one is the best, highest ranked? :D

Members don't see this ad.

glamrockgoose said:
Ok, so I have been accepted into three MPH programs- Brown, Tufts and Boston University...Does anyone have any inside info on any of these programs i.e. which one is the best, highest ranked? :D

I think it depends on what you're studying---I know Tufts is a top program for nutrition, and Boston is good all around, but especially for international health. I would be a little wary of Brown, because I haven't heard anything about it, and because it seems like a very small program. I'm currently transferring out of a small program (at NYU) because it's just not developed enough to complete with a proper school of public health in terms of course offerings, opportunities, etc, so I feel like Brown might be the same way. But I think your best bet is to get in touch with students at each school and ask them questions. I know most admissions offices have a list of student ambassadors that will answer any applicant's questions. Also for rankings, you can look at US news and world report, but you have to pay for the premium online content for the complete listing (but I know BU is highly ranked)...hope this helped!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if you care, but BU is the only school on your list that is accredited by the Association of Schools of Public Health. The ASPH website says "Attendance at an ASPH member school assures students of receiving a well-rounded graduate education based upon the five core public health areas."

Maya_M said:
I don't know if you care, but BU is the only school on your list that is accredited by the Association of Schools of Public Health. The ASPH website says "Attendance at an ASPH member school assures students of receiving a well-rounded graduate education based upon the five core public health areas."

Well, even if a school is not ASPH accredited, it is probably still CEPH accredited. School's like Brown don't have a separate school of PH. So they can't be accredited on the ASPH level, because they are not a school. They are simply a program. Anyhow, it really depends on what your looking for--but if you were staying in the Boston area I'd definitely go to BU.