BRS path...year to year change?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

closertofine

Emerging from hibernation
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a hand-me-down 2002 copy of BRS path and thought that was fine for review, but then a friend mentioned how the book is influenced a lot by contributions from students who've taken the USMLE each year. So that made me wonder if the content changes significantly year to year depending on student contributions...and if I need a newer edition.

I hope not, since I almost always rely on hand-me-downs for most things and don't want to fork out the extra money...but if it would be a good idea, I'd consider it. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know about the 2002 version, but the newest one has all the end-of-chapter questions as clinical vignettes.

I went to buy a few review books, and thought I'd just look over the new BRS Path since I had an older version, but I thought it was enough of an improvment to warrant the extra $33.

Just my 2 cents...

I haven't seen the new version, but I've been reading Big Robbins (as a substitute for crappy path lectures) and 2002 BRS Path seems to hit all the important points... Besides improved questions (and with Robbins Review who needs them) I'm not quite sure what could be changed significantly.

I personally think that the 2nd edition (2002) is superior just in terms of formatting. I'm the kind of person who takes notes by bullet points and incomplete sentences, so it fits my style well. the new version is so wordy; I just decided to stick with the more concise edition.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just bought my copy of the BRS path this year. It seems to be a new edition. I wouldnt imagine that there are too many differences, but if it is more than 3 yrs old, than definitely get a new one.