brushing before checkup?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goodcook

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who does this? I brush my teeth, tongue, floss, and gargle before a check up. I blow my nose trim the nose hairs too. I can't imagine the mouths the hygienists get to clean up :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I think most people do this. The offices I used to work at actually had 1-time use brushes that were in the reception area for people to brush before a cleaning. It saves cleaning time for the hygienist...and thus, the dentist

I always do...but then again, don't most people brush in the morning anyways? If it's later on in the day then, yes I def. do.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you watch seinfeld, you should know to put on clean undies and maybe do a little snip-snip, you know, down there.

No way, I like to get my money's worth when I get a cleaning. So right after I get into the parking lot, I wolf down a big bucket of cottage cheese, peanut butter, carrots and ribs.

yep...i'm more of the oreos and cheesepuffs type right before I go......I actually did do that once, but only b/c the hygienest who cleans me is a close friend...she basically just looked at me, gave me a toothbrush and told me not to come back until all the crap was gone.

i like to just brush and floss per usual the day i go to the dentist. this way it's kind of an evaluation of how well you actually take care of your teeth on a day to day basis in addition to your oral health status, you know? observational studies don't work if you change a variable.