SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

brushing before checkup?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by goodcook, Apr 24, 2007.

1. goodcook

goodcook Junior Member 5+ Year Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Am I the only one who does this? I brush my teeth, tongue, floss, and gargle before a check up. I blow my nose trim the nose hairs too. I can't imagine the mouths the hygienists get to clean up :scared:

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. djeffreyt

djeffreyt Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Dallas
    I think most people do this. The offices I used to work at actually had 1-time use brushes that were in the reception area for people to brush before a cleaning. It saves cleaning time for the hygienist...and thus, the dentist

4. xdianaax

xdianaax In memory of Riley Jane Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Sep 12, 2006
    I always do...but then again, don't most people brush in the morning anyways? If it's later on in the day then, yes I def. do.

5. lemoncurry

lemoncurry tequila mockingbird Administrator Dentist 10+ Year Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Vermont
    if you watch seinfeld, you should know to put on clean undies and maybe do a little snip-snip, you know, down there.

6. armorshell

armorshell One Man Freak Show Dentist Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Apr 12, 2006
    No way, I like to get my money's worth when I get a cleaning. So right after I get into the parking lot, I wolf down a big bucket of cottage cheese, peanut butter, carrots and ribs.

7. shamrock2006

shamrock2006 5+ Year Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Nowhere and Everywhere
    yep...i'm more of the oreos and cheesepuffs type right before I go......I actually did do that once, but only b/c the hygienest who cleans me is a close friend...she basically just looked at me, gave me a toothbrush and told me not to come back until all the crap was gone.

8. lemoncurry

lemoncurry tequila mockingbird Administrator Dentist 10+ Year Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Vermont
    oreos, definitely. maybe some beef jerky for that inbetween tooth action.

9. BodybldgDoc

BodybldgDoc Guest

Jan 13, 2007
    In your closet

poppy seed bagel with extra cream cheese should work just fine as well.:D

10. Dauber

Dauber Big Baby Jesus 2+ Year Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Midwest
    i like to just brush and floss per usual the day i go to the dentist. this way it's kind of an evaluation of how well you actually take care of your teeth on a day to day basis in addition to your oral health status, you know? observational studies don't work if you change a variable.