-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
bryn mawr 2006-7?
Started by chekhov
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
chekhov said:having recently received my acceptance, i'm wondering:
a) anyone out there definitely planning on attending, beginning this summer?
b) anyone out there accepted, but unsure and weighing other options?
let's discuss.
What were your stats and general background?
chekhov said:having recently received my acceptance, i'm wondering:
a) anyone out there definitely planning on attending, beginning this summer?
b) anyone out there accepted, but unsure and weighing other options?
let's discuss.
I am still waiting to hear....when did you interview/get your acceptance?
And was it email or regular mail? I know that I am not answering your question, but hopefully I will be able to soon (I interviewed 1/30)

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd also like to hear when you interviewed and when you got your acceptance. Was it a phone call, email or snail mail letter? I interviewed on the same day as wannabee (hi!), and am also waiting to hear. According to what we were told, they should be making their decision the end of this coming week - I don't know if they notify you immediately, or if you get notified the following Monday or Tuesday.
Beth
Beth
wannabee1 said:I am still waiting to hear....when did you interview/get your acceptance?
And was it email or regular mail? I know that I am not answering your question, but hopefully I will be able to soon (I interviewed 1/30)![]()
Beth_W737 said:I'd also like to hear when you interviewed and when you got your acceptance. Was it a phone call, email or snail mail letter? I interviewed on the same day as wannabee (hi!), and am also waiting to hear. According to what we were told, they should be making their decision the end of this coming week - I don't know if they notify you immediately, or if you get notified the following Monday or Tuesday.
Beth
Also waiting -- interviewed 1/31. I'm curious when chekhov interviewed. I was told I'd hear 2-3 weeks from the time of my interview, so, as Beth said, either this week or early next week.
12thandSouth said:Also waiting -- interviewed 1/31. I'm curious when chekhov interviewed. I was told I'd hear 2-3 weeks from the time of my interview, so, as Beth said, either this week or early next week.
I heard that I got in by telephone about 4 weeks after the interview.
I will be starting in the summer.
in response to some queries...
a) i was notified by phone; the director (jodi) left a voicemail message.
b) this notification occurred on a thursday (2/2).
c) it was one week after my interview (1/26).
so maybe those of you who interviewed in late january will be receiving news this thursday (2/16)? best of luck to everyone!
a) i was notified by phone; the director (jodi) left a voicemail message.
b) this notification occurred on a thursday (2/2).
c) it was one week after my interview (1/26).
so maybe those of you who interviewed in late january will be receiving news this thursday (2/16)? best of luck to everyone!
chekhov said:in response to some queries...
a) i was notified by phone; the director (jodi) left a voicemail message.
b) this notification occurred on a thursday (2/2).
c) it was one week after my interview (1/26).
so maybe those of you who interviewed in late january will be receiving news this thursday (2/16)? best of luck to everyone!
Congrats, getting into the BM Post-Bac program is no small feat.
Could you post your stats? I interviewed Jan 30 and am still waiting to hear, so am getting nervous.
Beth
Beth
Stixman28 said:I got the call this morning. I got accepted. Good luck to everyone else. I had the interview, last tuesday...the 7th I think. ANd day, the 16th I heard back. Any questions about my stats Ill be happy to share.
I have a very poor sat score, but I go to a really wierd undergrad school, a Great Books program that supplied with me a very well-rounded liberal arts education. But, I did very well there also, 3.8. They clearly overlooked my tests.
I also had research experience for two years, and one in a schock trauma center.
I also did a telephone interview. it was different, but I guess i did well. She had a generally unreadable voice during her rehearsed questions, but we laughed during the other parts. So I had thought the interview went well.
whats your stats?
I also had research experience for two years, and one in a schock trauma center.
I also did a telephone interview. it was different, but I guess i did well. She had a generally unreadable voice during her rehearsed questions, but we laughed during the other parts. So I had thought the interview went well.
whats your stats?
Last edited:
Im still waiting to decide if I wanna go the formal route, or the local state school. What helped you decide? especially cause I already have a ton of debt, Im trying to decide whether to incur some more...
Bryn Mawr does seem awesomely fun though, and intense. What helped you decide beth?
Bryn Mawr does seem awesomely fun though, and intense. What helped you decide beth?
I know a bunch of people who have gone there and said its an amazing program - the best! I think you need to weigh your options and see, but at least you know your money will be put to good use and you will succeed in getting into medical school. Anyway, where are you from? and how old? When are u making your final decision?
Stixman28 said:Im still waiting to decide if I wanna go the formal route, or the local state school. What helped you decide? especially cause I already have a ton of debt, Im trying to decide whether to incur some more...
Bryn Mawr does seem awesomely fun though, and intense. What helped you decide beth?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Beth,Bethash77 said:I am going to Bryn Mawr this summer. Who else is starting there this May?
Beth
Sounds like you finally heard. Congrats on getting in.
See you in May 👍
i didnt even get an interview....3.4 from Cornell, and strong recs....go figure...
FYI, I don't know if you were thinking of the wrong Beth - I'm still waiting to hear.
HOHOHO said:Beth,
Sounds like you finally heard. Congrats on getting in.
See you in May 👍
Stixman28 said:Im still waiting to decide if I wanna go the formal route, or the local state school. What helped you decide? especially cause I already have a ton of debt, Im trying to decide whether to incur some more...
Bryn Mawr does seem awesomely fun though, and intense. What helped you decide beth?
I went for BM over the cheaper state school option because I wanted the structure. Applying to med school is stressful and competitive, and at the time, I wanted the most support for getting into schools as well as the possibility of going to one of the school's in BM's linkage program. The linkage school's were also a huge draw for me But not everyone gets in to the linkage school (I didn't). So don't go for that reason alone. Now that it's over, and I have about $20k of debt more than I would have from the state school, I'm still glad I did BM.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 6K