Bryn Mawr next year

Started by cjb85
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cjb85

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just got my call from Jodi last week and I got in 🙂 I still haven't "officially" let them know yet, but I am most likely going to accept their offer. I''d be starting next fall because I'll already have finished gen chem. Who else will be there? I think it would be good to start talking to each other before we all get there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A commonly asked question. The point of this board is to provide information. One of the most critical pieces of information is what are the stats of people gaining admission to the various programs. Not sure how that is failing to show manners especially on an anonymous board.
 
Grouse,

My stats: 3.8 GPA from an Ivy caliber school, 27 ACT composite (not great, I know), 2 years as a social work intern at a public hospital, and 1.5 years shadowing a pediatrician.

Hope that helps!
 
A commonly asked question. The point of this board is to provide information. One of the most critical pieces of information is what are the stats of people gaining admission to the various programs. Not sure how that is failing to show manners especially on an anonymous board.

And it is a fair question, indeed. I just didn't think you phrased it very politely; I disagree that anonymity is any excuse to not add a "please" or "do you mind sharing...?" in there.

But perhaps I was being overly sensitive -- no need to argue about it. I apologize if I seemed condescending. If you want my stats, you are more than welcome to them, as they're located on the previous Bryn Mawr forum:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=475559

Good luck.
 
So I just got my call from Jodi last week and I got in 🙂 I still haven't "officially" let them know yet, but I am most likely going to accept their offer. I''d be starting next fall because I'll already have finished gen chem. Who else will be there? I think it would be good to start talking to each other before we all get there.

Congrats... I wonder if being named Jodi is a requirement to work in post bac admissions :laugh:. (the head of the Scripps post bac program is named Jodi as well!) If med school doesn't work out, I think I will change my name to Jodi!

Oh and you are going to love post bac. You will work harder than you ever have in your life but its worth it! So, Congrats again!

oh and...
And it is a fair question, indeed. I just didn't think you phrased it very politely; I disagree that anonymity is any excuse to not add a "please" or "do you mind sharing...?" in there.

:bow: Thank you for finally saying it... now can you repost this on EVERY board.
 
Sorry if you thought I was being rude. I was multi-tasking and just tried to get a short message off.