Bryn Mawr vs. Goucher post bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSK15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was recently accepted to Goucher and Bryn Mawr's postbac programs and was wondering if any current or recent post bac students could help me with my decision between the two? They are both great programs with similar lists of linkages and med school acceptance rates, but I'm wondering what else I should possibly be considering?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Both are fantastic programs with great reputations, so I don't think you'd go wrong with either. Things might have changed since, but here are some things to consider:

1. Size of program - if I recall, Goucher has about 20-30 students while Bryn Mawr has about 100. Do you want a very small program or do you want more people?

2. Location - do you prefer Baltimore or Philadelphia?

3. Cost - it used to be pretty similar but if one would cost you significantly more than the other, go with the cheaper option

4. Linkages - if you think there's a very strong possibility you would want to link, I think you only get to choose one school to link to, so if either of these programs has a school you'd really want to link to, that can be a factor

5. Vibe - which place did you feel more comfortable with on interview day? Between fellow interviewees, current students, and the administration - pick the place where you think you'll be more likely to succeed

That's all I can think of for now. In terms of classes, volunteer experiences, and MCAT prep, I think the two programs are really quite similar.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I was recently accepted to Goucher and Bryn Mawr's postbac programs and was wondering if any current or recent post bac students could help me with my decision between the two? They are both great programs with similar lists of linkages and med school acceptance rates, but I'm wondering what else I should possibly be considering?

Thanks!
Congrats on getting accepted, mind sharing your stats? gpa, extra curricular stuff

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on acceptance to both of the worthwhile formal postbacs.

Soft factors should dominate here - Baltimore v Philly, big v small - they're almost identical in terms of placements and linkages

Thank you for your responses! Does anyone happen to know if the change in directors at Bryn Mawr has affected much? I believe the new director has only been there a few years?

And in terms of my stats, I had a 3.88 in college as a psych major. Most of my extra curriculars/job experience have been in psych research in lab and clinical settings.

Thank you for your responses! Does anyone happen to know if the change in directors at Bryn Mawr has affected much? I believe the new director has only been there a few years?

And in terms of my stats, I had a 3.88 in college as a psych major. Most of my extra curriculars/job experience have been in psych research in lab and clinical settings.

Hey I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about applying to these post bac programs with your background. I am a BS psychology student who is going to graduate this may. I have a 3.8GPA and I have research experience in psychology along as a clinical internship at a hospital with the neuropsychology program. I am interested in applying to post bac programs and was wondering about the experience of someone who seems to have a similar background.