Bryn Mawr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gooble

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All.

I can't seem to find any specific information on this that is recent so I'll post again.

Is there anyway to find out the stats of those accepted into Bryn Mawr? Also, is it too late to apply at this point?

I'm just trying to gauge if I am wasting my time as their application is pretty cumbersome, especially since they want SAT/High School transcripts from a decade ago.

Members don't see this ad.

their program is not too too hard to get into, since it is a larger program than many of the others of this type.

i never think applying is a waste of time... why sell yourself short?

Because with a 3.4 overall and a ~2.5 BCPM (due to only taking like 4 science courses a decade ago under complex situations) I really won't have a prayer.

I don't think its about selling myself short, rather its about the fact that I have yet to hear anyone with my stats getting in so why waste the money? Especially this late in the application cycle for them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Because with a 3.4 overall and a ~2.5 BCPM (due to only taking like 4 science courses a decade ago under complex situations) I really won't have a prayer.

I don't think its about selling myself short, rather its about the fact that I have yet to hear anyone with my stats getting in so why waste the money? Especially this late in the application cycle for them.

It's not late in the app cycle for them at all. Bryn Mawr accepts people through about April or so in most years. The year I applied to them, I was in the very first round of interviews--in early November. So actually, it's still on the early side of their cycle.

As to your stats, I have no idea, but I do know of at least one person with a 3.1 who got into Bryn Mawr. I think they do take into account the "total picture", so they're not just going to look at your stats and throw your app in the garbage. Write a compelling essay about why you're a different person today than you were a decade ago, and why you're super committed to medicine, and I think you do have a prayer.

As to throwing money away, the total cost for a medical education is about 200K. You're being very short-sighted if you're fretting about 50 bucks here or there.

I'll likely apply, but I still think its a lost cause from what I have found about their school. Your friend that got in with a 3.1 likely had no sciences and if they did they did well in them. I have a 3.4, which is fine for them I think, but the BCPM is going to kill me.

There is a big difference between spending $150k on education vs. giving away money in app. fees for schools that have distinct cutoffs based on past history.