BS in pharmaceutical science,what do you guys think

Started by annette22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

annette22

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,
I am done with all prereqs pretty much with the exception of cell and anatomy.The schools I am applying to do not even reqire these.So my school has a B.S in pharmaceutical science.Should pursue this since I am 2 years in to getting this degree while I wait to get in to the pharmd programm in 2007.Can I practice with the B.s.I just do not want to waste time doing Bio or chem as a major is it is not entirely pharmacy relate.What do you guys know about this.
 
Pharmaceutical Science is concerned with product formulation and dosage form development. Pharmaceutical Scientists are NOT Pharmacists.
 
ButlerPharm.D. said:
Pharmaceutical Science is concerned with product formulation and dosage form development. Pharmaceutical Scientists are NOT Pharmacists.
will they have to do another 4 years to get the pharmd.
 
Yes, if someone has a B.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences they will have to attend "pharmacy school" in order to get a Pharm.D.