TMPH

10+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
Status
I am in the process of applying to PA schools now (only few school still open admission for fall) but most of them are B.S programs. I already received my B.S in biology and I hope to get into MS program. I am just curious what is the difference between MPA & regular PA in terms of Salary and job opportunities? ;)

emedpa

GlobalDoc
15+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2001
Taking an Away team....
Status
  1. Post Doc
TMPH said:
I am in the process of applying to PA schools now (only few school still open admission for fall) but most of them are B.S programs. I already received my B.S in biology and I hope to get into MS program. I am just curious what is the difference between MPA & regular PA in terms of Salary and job opportunities? ;)
no difference

dental2008

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
Philly
Visit site
Status
My wife said that in the future the masters will be the prefered one. Her PA degree is a BS but at the same time Nova gave her an MMS (masters in Medical science)

Although, I am not sure if that counts as being a masters of PA.

I think all PA degrees should be masters level work

About the Ads

dermpa02

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2004
TX
Status
TMPH said:

The PA program I went to required the faculty to have a Master's. Therefore, having only the B.S. might hinder you if you seek a job in the area of education.

For the most part, in the clinical setting, it doesn't make a difference. However, I do seem to recall that there are some places where having the M.S. gets you slightly more pay. I think the VA is like that - perhaps someone working there can confirm.

Phil

melcal

physician assistant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2004
chicagoland
Status
  1. Post Doc
A lot of programs are currently converting to Masters programs, including mine for the 2005-2006 year. If you are wanting to get into a program for this fall, go ahead and get the B.S. You can always do an online course to get your Masters after you graduate and while you're working.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads