BU or Northeastern for premed?

geolamp

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I know this question is asked a lot but I would love your input please! I couldn’t find striaght answers.

I’m thinking of either going to BU or Northeastern as a premed student but I’m not sure which school will prepare me better for the MCATs? Give fair grades which will look good on my gpa for when applying to medical school? All the basic things?

If I go to Northeastern I plan on graduating in 4 years by doing summer co-ops.

I heard Northeastern has fair grading. BU does grade deflation. BU gives proper preparation for medical school. Northeastern co-ops may look nice in med school application. I like both campuses and people. That’s not an issue. It’s just the matter of academics.

My intended major is biology and minor will be public health or psychology.

Thank you!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

It does not matter.
Flip a coin.
If you regret the outcome of the coin toss, you had a preference that you didn't consciously recognize. In that case, go with your gut.
In the end, you have to choose one and there will always be a bit of "what if..." Make your decision, move on and do your best to rise to the top of the class.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi
I know this question is asked a lot but I would love your input please! I couldn’t find striaght answers.

I’m thinking of either going to BU or Northeastern as a premed student but I’m not sure which school will prepare me better for the MCATs? Give fair grades which will look good on my gpa for when applying to medical school? All the basic things?

If I go to Northeastern I plan on graduating in 4 years by doing summer co-ops.

I heard Northeastern has fair grading. BU does grade deflation. BU gives proper preparation for medical school. Northeastern co-ops may look nice in med school application. I like both campuses and people. That’s not an issue. It’s just the matter of academics.

My intended major is biology and minor will be public health or psychology.

Thank you!! :)
Better question to ask is are there available EC's in the area that you would be interested in. Do some research on programs in the areas of each school and specific stuff going on at the universities.

Members don't see this ad :)
Better question to ask is are there available EC's in the area that you would be interested in. Do some research on programs in the areas of each school and specific stuff going on at the universities.

Do you realize that the two schools are just a mile apart? Unless the schools are organizing activities exclusively for their own students, the available ECs are pretty much the same.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you realize that the two schools are just a mile apart? Unless the schools are organizing activities exclusively for their own students, the available ECs are pretty much the same.
I did not realize that . I guess research opportunities may differ, but other than that yeah it's a wash

I would say northeastern. BU has a lot to grade deflation. The students in their ba/md program are only required to have a 3.2 GPA which many say is difficult but not impossible; however, keep in mind that these people are some of top high school students in American for them to be able to get into a competitive ba/md program like BU! Northeastern will provide you the same opportunities without killing your GPA.