BU vs. UNE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentgang

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys! I am deciding between these two schools and I have to make a decision pretty soon. I already put down my deposit at BU but recently got accepted to UNE. Please let me know what you guys think and why. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at both and I would choose une because 1. It’s cheaper 2. The clinic is busier (BU competes for patients with Harvard and tufts) 3. P/F grading system, with no ranking you’re not competeting and so it’s a friendlier environment 4. No speciality residents taking all the good cases .

But also it depends on if u want to specialize or not because I know Boston has a large number of students successfuly going into specialization programs. Not to say you can’t soecialize if you went to UNE

Reactions: 1 user
You can’t really say that UNE gets more patients than BU. The population of Boston is 10x greater than Portland Maine. However, I would probably also UNE due to cost of schooling and living.
I interviewed at both and I would choose une because 1. It’s cheaper 2. The clinic is busier (BU competes for patients with Harvard and tufts) 3. P/F grading system, with no ranking you’re not competeting and so it’s a friendlier environment 4. No speciality residents taking all the good cases .

But also it depends on if u want to specialize or not because I know Boston has a large number of students successfuly going into specialization programs. Not to say you can’t soecialize if you went to UNE
uld

Thank you for your guys feedback. The only main difference is tuition cost which comes out to around 50k. The difference is not that big over the four years but I would rather prefer to live in Boston and go to a more reputable than a new school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also just because BU is not pass fail everyone is really friendly about sharing notes and helping classmates. You’re not competing against each other only yourself. It’s not like the school only hands out 10 As every exam and it’s the 10 highest grades. It’s if you get a 95 or not in the class. So everyone could get an A.

Also just because BU is not
pass fail everyone is really friendly about sharing notes and helping classmates. You’re not competing against each other only yourself. It’s not like the school only hands out 10 As every exam and it’s the 10 highest grades. It’s if you get a 95 or not in the class. So everyone could get an A.

Wait.
A Above 95 in your school? or Do you mean A+?