-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
BU waitlist
Started by KHANSAHAAB
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
bacon double cheeseburger
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me too! sucks don't it?
I thought there would be more people on the list. I was reading the thread about the NYU waitlist, they mentioned around 200 people on that list!! Now thats a list with very little chance of getting off.
But 20 doesn't seem so bad.
I thought there would be more people on the list. I was reading the thread about the NYU waitlist, they mentioned around 200 people on that list!! Now thats a list with very little chance of getting off.
But 20 doesn't seem so bad.
I interviewed on March 12.
Y'know, I would accept a spot on next years class if they have that option (that is, class of 2012) 😀 .
Not likely though.
Y'know, I would accept a spot on next years class if they have that option (that is, class of 2012) 😀 .
Not likely though.
I interviewed on March 12.
Y'know, I would accept a spot on next years class if they have that option (that is, class of 2012) 😀 .
Not likely though.
I would accept a spot on next year's class, or the year after that.
As long as they guarantee it, that would be AWESOME. In my case, actually, WAY better than an acceptance this year would be an acceptance for next minus the application process.
A break from school would be nice.
Did you hear by mail? I havent checked my mail since friday, and AADSAS didn't update for me. ....sounds like bad news, ey?
I would accept a spot on next year's class, or the year after that.
As long as they guarantee it, that would be AWESOME. In my case, actually, WAY better than an acceptance this year would be an acceptance for next minus the application process.
A break from school would be nice.
Did you hear by mail? I havent checked my mail since friday, and AADSAS didn't update for me. ....sounds like bad news, ey?
I absolutely agree about the break from school. It changed on aadsas. Not necessarily bad news; could be an acceptance thats arriving in mail for you 🙂. (God willing).
I interviewed on March 12.
Y'know, I would accept a spot on next years class if they have that option (that is, class of 2012) 😀 .
Not likely though.
do many schools give you the option of taking a spot in next year's class if you get waitlisted for this year? which schools?
So, anyone out there holding a BU offer of admission thats not planning on using it?
If so, I bet people posting in this thread would be dying to know...(myself included) 😉
I'm saying the same thing with the NYU & Columbia waitlist
Much appreciated, thanks & congrats again
I absolutely agree about the break from school. It changed on aadsas. Not necessarily bad news; could be an acceptance thats arriving in mail for you 🙂. (God willing).
I really hope so!
How was everyone notified that they were on the waitlist? Email / aadsas / snail mail? I haven't received anything of any kind...and my aadsas status still says invited for interview even though I interviewed last month.
I interviewed last month too....and still waiting. They update AADSAS on fridays. So maybe we'll find out what the deal is then.
Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How was everyone notified that they were on the waitlist? Email / aadsas / snail mail? I haven't received anything of any kind...and my aadsas status still says invited for interview even though I interviewed last month.
I first got a letter and then aadsas was updated that following friday
they told me 20-30.
did the admissions lady tell you that?? did you ask where you are on that list?? i wonder if they can tell you where youre ranked on it. thanks.
did the admissions lady tell you that?? did you ask where you are on that list?? i wonder if they can tell you where youre ranked on it. thanks.
they said the waitlist is unranked and everytime a spot opens up they re-evaluate all the apps on the list
they said the waitlist is unranked and everytime a spot opens up they re-evaluate all the apps on the list
gotch ya. thanks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah i know, this really sucks. I'm waitlisted at Columbia and BU still 🙁
Have you guys heard about the waitlist at Columbia? McManus said that "your chances are high if you get to the itnerview"...but what does that mean??😕
Have you guys heard about the waitlist at Columbia? McManus said that "your chances are high if you get to the itnerview"...but what does that mean??😕
anyone else get an email from them today about staying on the waitlist?
Does someone wanna call and see when there will be movement off the list?
Does someone wanna call and see when there will be movement off the list?
I hereby volunteer not to call😀
They told me there has not been any movement yet.
so do you think that means that no one has dropped their position....or that there are positions, but have not decided on who to give them too???

well guys I hope we will see some movement soon since some dental schools are requiring additional deposits for their spots and people should be deciding on where they want to go. just keep on praying👍
When you say some d-schools are you specifically referring to Boston or just generalizing?
I was also told no movement from the waitlist. I find that kinda surprising, I would have thought that someone would have given up their spot...
oh well 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone else think that this entire waitlist thing is complete Bull? I mean they sent us an email mid may and then nothing for two weeks? What is going on at that school? I mean are they gonna let us know mid July and then when we arrive give us a Cardbord Box to sleep under the BU Bridge? There is so much stuff that needs to be organized, they should at least tell us exactly how many people are on the waitlist and they shoudl rank it somehow.
Does anyone else think that this entire waitlist thing is complete Bull? I mean they sent us an email mid may and then nothing for two weeks? What is going on at that school? I mean are they gonna let us know mid July and then when we arrive give us a Cardbord Box to sleep under the BU Bridge? There is so much stuff that needs to be organized, they should at least tell us exactly how many people are on the waitlist and they shoudl rank it somehow.
Haha.
Come on dude be serious, they are not going to give you a box. You have to provide that yourself!

Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 922