Burnt out, below average MD applicant. Should I finish sending out these secondaries or is it pointless/too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EvidenceLockup12

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I probably should’ve pre-wrote and/or not applied to as many to begin with if I was gonna take this long, but I was lucky enough to afford applying to some MD schools in addition to my DO heavy list.

I currently have supps from Albany, GWU, Wayne State, Loyola, and Rush left (complete at 10 other MDs - IS and low-yield).

As a ORM from NYS, 3.74 GPA, 3.59 sGPA, 506 (125 first try, 124 second in BB), and solid ECs/LoRs should I just cut my losses and finish up the DO schools I have left rather than waste my time (and $)?

Members don't see this ad.

I probably should’ve pre-wrote and/or not applied to as many to begin with if I was gonna take this long, but I was lucky enough to afford applying to some MD schools in addition to my DO heavy list.

I currently have supps from Albany, GWU, Wayne State, Loyola, and Rush left (complete at 10 other MDs - IS and low-yield).

As a ORM from NYS, 3.74 GPA, 3.59 sGPA, 506 (125 first try, 124 second in BB), and solid ECs/LoRs should I just cut my losses and finish up the DO schools I have left rather than waste my time (and $)?
Loyola and Rush are not stats-driven, but rather mission-oriented. If you are heavy on nonmedical community service to those in need, keep them. And I think Wayne is worth submitting, but don't they suggest a 2-week turn-around time?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Loyola and Rush are not stats-driven, but rather mission-oriented. If you are heavy on nonmedical community service to those in need, keep them. And I think Wayne is worth submitting, but don't they suggest a 2-week turn-around time?
Thanks for the heads up! And yeah, they do - I'm coming up on that date this week. Although I saw in another thread that it's not a deadline heavily adhered to (OP submitted weeks after receiving, landed an II, and I think an A), but definitely a YMMV case I assume.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I mean finish the apps... if you think this is hard and feel burnt out, imagine how you’ll feel during med school. It’s not even Aug yet, you’re good

Reactions: 2 users
Go ahead and finish the secondaries for those 5 schools. You could receive interviews at any of them.

Reactions: 2 users