Bus' Phat Web Site

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can open it, but I get quite a few pop-up ads.

Members don't see this ad.

calbear14 said:
I can open it, but I get quite a few pop-up ads.

The OP may have unknowingly set some of you up for exposer to an adware virus. tsk tsk

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome site. :D

Any way you could add a sort feature for each column by clicking on it (e.g. sort schools by tuition rates from lowest to highest)?

ap7dgs said:
Awesome site. :D

Any way you could add a sort feature for each column by clicking on it (e.g. sort schools by tuition rates from lowest to highest)?

Haha, no thanks. I got school too... no time for that.

Hey bus, thanks for taking the time to make the changes!! :thumbup:

calbear14 said:
Hey bus, thanks for taking the time to make the changes!! :thumbup:

np cal... thanks for helping me on that problem a few days ago :thumbup:

busupshot83 said:
np cal... thanks for helping me on that problem a few days ago :thumbup:
you're welcome. i still don't understand how the op balanced the equation.

I got "File Not Found" :confused:

busupshot83 said:
Cal: Yeah me too.

Luder: I don't know what the problem is... I've switched hosts and there are no pop-ups. Keep trying:

http://dentalstats.tripod.com/index.htm
Working now. Thanks. Great numbers. Looks like I may have my chance. If you want, I can upload it to my domain for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
luder98 said:
Working now. Thanks. Great numbers. Looks like I may have my chance. If you want, I can upload it to my domain for you.

Luder:

Since I just switched to lycos, which is much more reliable since Yahoo runs it, I don't need you to upload it. I'll keep you in mind if anything does happen in the future though. Thanks.

Ok, the 2004 ADEA Guide came out today, the 25th, so the bookstore where i ordered it just got it in. I should get it sometime this week and update my site... stay tuned you freeks. :scared:

for some reason it doesnt' work

Garry11 said:
for some reason it doesnt' work

When I uploaded the info for 03-04 it said: Coming soon... is this correct?

wimmcs said:
When I uploaded the info for 03-04 it said: Coming soon... is this correct?

Correct. I don't have the book yet.

After 2 months of waiting, the ADEA Guide for 2004 is finally shipping tomorrow (I just recieved an email). New stats soon... :thumbup:

busupshot83 said:
After 2 months of waiting, the ADEA Guide for 2004 is finally shipping tomorrow (I just recieved an email). New stats soon... :thumbup:

Hurry up you lazy bum! The suspense is killing me ;)

I just got the 42nd edition guide.

Yeah. I can't wait to see those stats :rolleyes:

busupshot83 said:

Which edition is that? 43rd???

blankguy said:
I just got the 42nd edition guide.

Oh, you already have it? Yeah something def. is wrong here: I ordered by book directly from the publisher in October 2004, and I'm now getting it. :mad:

That's odd :confused:
I placed my order on the 2nd of this month and had it shipped for 3rd day delivery, being too impatient to wait for 2 or 3 week standard shipping.

blankguy said:
That's odd :confused:
I placed my order on the 2nd of this month and had it shipped for 3rd day delivery, being too impatient to wait for 2 or 3 week standard shipping.

The customer service told me my order was *mis-placed*. :laugh:

busupshot83 said:
The customer service told me my order was *mis-placed*. :laugh:

uh oh bad omen there buddy :scared: They could do the same with your application. :smuggrin:

blankguy said:
uh oh bad omen there buddy :scared: They could do the same with your application. :smuggrin:

They wouldn't dare play me like that :D .

busupshot83 said:
They wouldn't dare play me like that :D .

Interviewer: "How do you handle stress?"

"I go to a local shooting range and empty a clip on my assault rifle. Did I tell you about my baby. It's an AK-47 that I got at a gun show."
:laugh: :laugh:

I can't imagine anybody being so boneaheaded as to give such a response. :p

the only thing I don't like is the superior, adequate, and inferior rankings. I compare it to the glory days of afternoon kickball in the school yard, adequate is like being the second to last kid picked, over the kid who has one arm or a gimped eye. :D

Thats just wrong.
Can't wait to see how 2003-2004 stats look like, hows that going.

:laugh:

HD

hockeydentist said:
the only thing I don't like is the superior, adequate, and inferior rankings. I compare it to the glory days of afternoon kickball in the school yard, adequate is like being the second to last kid picked, over the kid who has one arm or a gimped eye. :D

Thats just wrong.
Can't wait to see how 2003-2004 stats look like, hows that going.

HD

Site will be done by tomorrow!

Nice job man, lots of work you put into that.

For the record, the stats for Arizona are wrong (certainly not your fault though). The DAT scores are a full point wrong, and the GPAs are just off my a bit.

The tuition, however, is off by nearly $100,000. That's a huge error.

Yes, very nice job. One thing though, the title of tuition is misleading as the figures quoted take into account (I presume) the total cost of attendance of which tution is only a part. Nonetheless, great job and it's a wonderful resource for others!

Sprgrover said:
Yes, very nice job. One thing though, the title of tuition is misleading as the figures quoted take into account (I presume) the total cost of attendance of which tution is only a part. Nonetheless, great job and it's a wonderful resource for others!

Thanks for the advice Sprg, I updated it again.

DB#1 said:
What a great website... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
*BUMP* :wow:

congrats! you finally g'd up your site..i love it! wow is nyu expensive though!! holy cow. i hope they provide personal masseuses and a 2 bedroom on park avenue for that kind of ashcay.

pbure said:
congrats! you finally g'd up your site..i love it! wow is nyu expensive though!! holy cow. i hope they provide personal masseuses and a 2 bedroom on park avenue for that kind of ashcay.

Thanks for the compliments... I have no doubts that you guys will put it to good use :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: .

I wish I had something like this when I was a freshman. Too late to be usefull, but I'm sure future cycles will really appreciate this. Good work.

Whats strange is that the averages for GPA's don't seem right because comparing to 2001-2002 cycle a lot of the GPA averages went down a bit instead of up. Is it me or is that just not sounding right. Shouldn't the averages go up each year?

Thanks Bus nice work!!!

Qarmonist said:
Whats strange is that the averages for GPA's don't seem right because comparing to 2001-2002 cycle a lot of the GPA averages went down a bit instead of up. Is it me or is that just not sounding right. Shouldn't the averages go up each year?

Thanks Bus nice work!!!

It may seem strange at first, but the 2002 cycle I used Barron's, not the ADEA book. The 2004 cycle is much more accurate than Barron's.

cost of attendance is wrong for NYU. It is $50,218 a year for tution, books, instruments

so 4 years is $200,872

Brocnizer2007 said:
cost of attendance is wrong for NYU. It is $50,218 a year for tution, books, instruments

so 4 years is $200,872

but doesnt nyu say to take out about 70-75k in loan money each year? so i think that the site is taking that under consideration as well.

Wow, UW is so cheap. They must get lots of support from the state. The cost is about half of Cal schools.
It'd be nice if you have a column show the acceptance/applicant ratio. Just a thought.

Great stuff. Good Job. :thumbup:

Brocnizer2007 said:

so 4 years is $200,872

Cost of attendance also includes room and board and any other approved expenses associated with the school and your time there. Tution, according to NYU's website, is $45,320, the fees associated with books and instrument rentals are $4,898, and the average of four years room and board is $18,650 . All told the bill for the first year at NYU is $74,511 - this is the cost of attendance.

well if thats the case there are a bunch of wrong numbers on the site...Nova for instance.

When I was applying the fin aid package was 55k a year which is 220k and the website says around 190k I think

a few other schools are wrong also

Sprgrover said:
Cost of attendance also includes room and board and any other approved expenses associated with the school and your time there. Tution, according to NYU's website, is $45,320, the fees associated with books and instrument rentals are $4,898, and the average of four years room and board is $18,650 . All told the bill for the first year at NYU is $74,511 - this is the cost of attendance.

and that is not the cost of attendance. For instance I do not take out living money. Cost of attendance is just that...not including living expense

am i the only one that can't view this web page???

Brocnizer2007 said:
and that is not the cost of attendance. For instance I do not take out living money. Cost of attendance is just that...not including living expense

If I have to pay rent in order to cover my head while I am attending dental school then that is considered a cost associated with my education. Since you don't have to take out additional funds for living expenses because of certain arrangements or circumstances then that is a cost that you don't have to pay for or take out loans to cover. The government phrases it like this: "Financial need is the difference between your school’s cost of attendance (including living expenses)..." while gradloans.com goes further and classifies cost of attendance as being "...the total amount it will cost a student to go to school-usually expressed as a yearly figure. It is determined using rules established by the U.S. Congress. The COA includes tuition and fees; on-campus room and board (or a housing and food allowance for off-campus students); and allowances for books, supplies, transportation, loan fees, and, if applicable, dependent care, costs related to a disability, and miscellaneous expenses, including an allowance for the rental or purchase of a personal computer..." ;)