This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishrfriendsnotfood

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking to apply to med school (hopefully next cycle) and am very interested in becoming an MD. that being said, i am also interested in the healthcare business as a whole and would like to be involved in biotech/healthcare venture capital/private equity in the future potentially. How would med schools look upon an internship in these fields? Would it make someone stand out if that's truly what they were interested in or would admission reps look down upon an applicant that did something like this (stigma against business, idk). Please let me know. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Looking to apply to med school (hopefully next cycle) and am very interested in becoming an MD. that being said, i am also interested in the healthcare business as a whole and would like to be involved in biotech/healthcare venture capital/private equity in the future potentially. How would med schools look upon an internship in these fields? Would it make someone stand out if that's truly what they were interested in or would admission reps look down upon an applicant that did something like this (stigma against business, idk). Please let me know. Thanks!

If you are interested in the business side, maybe you should peruse that. It will save you a lot of time.

If you can sell what you are doing to somehow fit into your narrative of why you want to be a doctor, than you can use it.

Reactions: 1 user