C+ after acceptance...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopeful20

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The C+ is in anatomy and physiology, which is why I'm a little worried.
I took the class with other bio courses like biochem, embryo, and physics, all of which I got A-'s or A's.

The anatomy and physiology course was a class that I didn't even need to take but I wanted to get a taste of what AP could be like.

Would this be bad enough to get my acceptance rescinded? I'm a Bio major and this is my first C on my transcript. If I didn't underestimate the final, I wouldn't be in this position but unfortunately I am.

Does anyone have any similar experiences?

I actually failed a course 2nd semester senior year (dropped a course but the computer didn't register it). I was all ready to explain it and eventually got the grade removed from my final transcript months after matriculation, but nobody seemed to notice or care. That's probably not the norm though. A C isn't going to hurt you, just don't go off and get C's and D's on all you classes from here on in. And try to unwind a bit in regard to grades before next fall. A C isn't great in med school, but I promise there will be times when turning up your nose to a passing grade will give you some unnecessary anxiety and letdown.

It's amazing to see how the application process reduces pre-meds to paranoid ideations that everything they do will eventually be read and judged upon by some authority.

Listen, you've been accepted. Adcoms aren't even going to see your file from here on out, only administrative personnel. The only thing administrators care about is that you meet the basic requirements for matriculation - i.e., that you passed all your pre-reqs and that you are going to receive your degree.

Welcome to med school. Everything you've done up to this point is now irrelevant.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Generally it seems like failing a prereq is the only thing that would rescind the acceptance. You could call the school to double check though.