C+ in orgo II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mnotarom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just got a C+ in orgo II! I also got a C+ in orgo I. I am signed up to re-take it, but I know organic like the back of my hand; my prof was super hard! SO the only reason I would be re-taking orgo II is so that it looks better on my transcript. I really understand organic so I know I will do fine on the DAT. Any suggestions for me about re-taking it? Will dental schools frown upon a C+ if the DAT score for organic is great?

Please let me know!

ps I have A's and B's in all other pre-req science classes (including physiology, biochem, and all others)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think there is a need to retake that class, your grades are good so far, just take some other science class and get an A. You will prove your orgo skills on the DAT.
Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't waste your time retaking it, if you know it as well as you say, just cream it on the DAT! My organic 2 teacher was also a stickler when it came to grading.

Wow lol the exact same thread on the exact same day, easily located only about halfway down the front page...interesting

just kill the orgo section of the DAT...retake would be a waste of time, especially since your other sciences are A and B grades

I got a C and D- in orgo and still got into dental school . . .

Just make sure the rest of your application makes up for it!