-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
c/o 2012: what is your plan after graduation?
Started by BSparkle
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
A - Residency
B - Staff Pharmacist at Hospital
Either way, I'm going to Vegas, Atlantic City, Cancun, and all the other places to pick up crazy hot chicks before I start working.
B - Staff Pharmacist at Hospital
Either way, I'm going to Vegas, Atlantic City, Cancun, and all the other places to pick up crazy hot chicks before I start working.
Use the three weeks between the end of rotations and graduation and the two weeks after to move and do a little traveling. Not sure yet where I m going to travel, its going to be a "seat of the pants" thing and probably on two wheels.
Then head off to officer training and pass boards. Not necessarily in that order.
Then head off to officer training and pass boards. Not necessarily in that order.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A - Residency
B - Staff Pharmacist at Hospital
Either way, I'm going to Vegas, Atlantic City, Cancun, and all the other places to pick up crazy hot chicks before I start working.
Same A & B plan as Sparda29! Btw I think were applying to the same program 😀
Then family vacay to Vegas / SoCal and hopefully a trip overseas (europe or australia) before residency / work starts

Same A & B plan as Sparda29! Btw I think were applying to the same program 😀
Then family vacay to Vegas / SoCal and hopefully a trip overseas (europe or australia) before residency / work starts![]()
Really? I don't think I ever posted where I'm applying to, lol.
I kinda deduced it since you're in NY and the program required a professional writing sample, which is uncommon =p
Oh yeah. I like it, but it's not my top choice program.
I know we have a job market mega thread, but since a lot of the new grads are posting into this thread, how is the job market for those actively looking right now? Not wanting my brother's-best-friend's-son's-playmate's-step-father-in-law's-niece said...
Jamaica, studying for boards, and praying that I have a job lined up by then...
Nice! That's where I'm from.😀
I know we have a job market mega thread, but since a lot of the new grads are posting into this thread, how is the job market for those actively looking right now? Not wanting my brother's-best-friend's-son's-playmate's-step-father-in-law's-niece said...
I'm seeing positions available on the websites but I don't know if I should apply now or after I graduate?
What are your "go-to" websites? Or what websites do you find most up-to-date and accurate? Indeed.com? Good luck on your search.
You might find this thread helpful:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=480310
What are your "go-to" websites? Or what websites do you find most up-to-date and accurate? Indeed.com? Good luck on your search.
I went to all the local hospital websites around this time and signed up for their job agents, so I would be updated with any pharmacist opening. I checked www.indeed.com daily, it catches almost everything. I would even check craigslist for the hell of it from time to time.
I also spoke with professors and preceptors, to let me know if they heard of anything.
It is a tough market, so you want to be as proactive as possible. Talk to everybody and stay one step ahead of your classmates.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad