C/O 2017 LECOM Bradenton, FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Application submitted: mid-Dec
Interview invite: March 29th
Interview date: April 18th

I have an interview that day too! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview that day too! :)

awesome, nems! congrats! i will see you there. i am coming from CA. you?

btw, are all interviews in the morning or are there afternoon sessions as well? mine is at 745am, which is 445am CA time :oops:

awesome, nems! congrats! i will see you there. i am coming from CA. you?

btw, are all interviews in the morning or are there afternoon sessions as well? mine is at 745am, which is 445am CA time :oops:

Congrats to you too! Im super excited! I'm coming from Puerto Rico. I don't know about the interview times, but mine is at 7:45 as well! ... which should be 7:45 PR time ... lol :) I shall see you there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was an afternoon time they have two sessions. Mine was feb 7th.

I'll be there on the 18th as well! I just had one last week at Erie but got put on the alternate list. I do know they review them in May - August. Do a lot of people on the alt list get accepted?

I'll be there on the 18th as well! I just had one last week at Erie but got put on the alternate list. I do know they review them in May - August. Do a lot of people on the alt list get accepted?

Last year, the summer before my last year taking pre-reqs/applying to pharmacy school...friends of mine got into LECOM and my organic professor/advisor told me that LECOM was rumored to take one half of their alternate list.

Congrats to you too! Im super excited! I'm coming from Puerto Rico. I don't know about the interview times, but mine is at 7:45 as well! ... which should be 7:45 PR time ... lol :) I shall see you there!

Mine was at 7:45am I got there an hour early...other people got there really early as well. So be prepared to be early and I think it's like a 7 hour day from what I remember. I got out at like 2pm.

Oh yay! are you gonna be there in the morning? Also! Did u meet a girl from Puerto Rico in Erie? I'm just wondering, cuz I know someone who was in Erie at around the same time, and she told me that she met someone who recently got an interview in Bradenton for april 18. lol. I'm just curious:) ... As to how many get accepted off the alt list ....I've been reading threads from years before ... and it looks like they do accept a lot of alternates. But the quantity varies by year, apparently there was a year where everyone on the list were admitted O_O ... but again, thats what people on sdn say :p

Mine was at 7:45am I got there an hour early...other people got there really early as well. So be prepared to be early and I think it's like a 7 hour day from what I remember. I got out at like 2pm.

You know, I was gonna drive to orlando to see a friend when I got out of the interview, but after you said that ... I think im getting a hotel for two nights and driving up on Friday morning. xD ... I'm thinking I'll need some rest :) Thanks for the advice! :)

Oh yay! are you gonna be there in the morning? Also! Did u meet a girl from Puerto Rico in Erie? I'm just wondering, cuz I know someone who was in Erie at around the same time, and she told me that she met someone who recently got an interview in Bradenton for april 18. lol. I'm just curious:) ... As to how many get accepted off the alt list ....I've been reading threads from years before ... and it looks like they do accept a lot of alternates. But the quantity varies by year, apparently there was a year where everyone on the list were admitted O_O ... but again, thats what people on sdn say :p

Hahaha! That's crazy. What a small world. We know the same girl! I've been keeping her posted on my situation but yeah, Apparently 110/143 have been accepted and just remember a lot of people bail last minute because they prefer another school. They just put the deposit down because they are given only 2 weeks or so to accept their seat. It all depends though. Sucks it has to be like a gamble. If I get in I'm going to Vegas. Lol

Hahaha! That's crazy. What a small world. We know the same girl! I've been keeping her posted on my situation but yeah, Apparently 110/143 have been accepted and just remember a lot of people bail last minute because they prefer another school. They just put the deposit down because they are given only 2 weeks or so to accept their seat. It all depends though. Sucks it has to be like a gamble. If I get in I'm going to Vegas. Lol

woo! I don't actually KNOW her, we started talking through this forum ^-^ but we text each other when we get any news and stuff :) 110 accepted studentsis not horrible, april is super late ... i really expected more seats to be taken. I get super obsessive when it comes to the admissions process, i'm pretty sure i read the forums from like three years back. lol. I was talking to my mom about this during the weekend and I I told her that I'm throwing a full on party if I get accepted anywhere! hahaha. But we're totally getting in cuz I say so. :cool: Are you in the morning session? Are you leaving Bradenton the same day of the interview? :D

woo! I don't actually KNOW her, we started talking through this forum ^-^ but we text each other when we get any news and stuff :) 110 accepted studentsis not horrible, april is super late ... i really expected more seats to be taken. I get super obsessive when it comes to the admissions process, i'm pretty sure i read the forums from like three years back. lol. I was talking to my mom about this during the weekend and I I told her that I'm throwing a full on party if I get accepted anywhere! hahaha. But we're totally getting in cuz I say so. :cool: Are you in the morning session? Are you leaving Bradenton the same day of the interview? :D

I think if I remember my interview is at 12:45 EST. I'll give you my info through message if you want to meet up before or something? I still gotta book my flight / get hotel. Since it's a Thursday I don't have any rush on coming back home haha. Sound good?

I've made the alternate list smaller by removing myself. Hope you guys get it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys!! I also have an interview on April 18th! I wasn't expecting getting an interview at all since its already April, and thought all the seats would be filled by now. Is there anything we need to know about the interviews or anything specific they are looking for?! Any insights would be very helpful! :)

Last edited:
your interview sounds really scary xD

My interview was pretty laid back. My interviewer was really nice! She did ask a lot of situational questions. She asked me about 10 questions and it didn't feel like a conversation because it was just question after question but she was super nice and I didn't feel that nervous.
Some of the other students said their interview was like a conversation and there were a few that said their interviewer was very serious/no expression.
I think it really depends on who is interviewing you. ;)

Scary!!!!!!!!!!....your damn right, but its over!!!!!
Anyways, Lauren said to check the lecom portal starting wed, but can't help myself because Lecom is my top priority. Seems like majority of the members got in Lecom or somewhere because the thread is literally dying.
How do you know how many got in? Can you find out how many are in alternate list as well?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info!! Was there any kind of group activities or essay topic?

Nope...just the one on one interview with one of the staff members.

Ahh alternate list. :( I interviewed on 04/04

xhoxho....seriously you got the feedback already??????

Yep I checked my status it said "the admissions committee has made a decision...you will receive a letter in the mail.." Called Lauren she said I was on the alternate list :(

I'll be declining my acceptance within a few days. Good luck to those who are the alternate list and best of luck to the Lecom-B 2017 Class.

I'll be declining my acceptance within a few days. Good luck to those who are the alternate list and best of luck to the Lecom-B 2017 Class.

hey, do you mind sharing what you you are going to go to instead of LECOM?
Thanks and all the best with your new school :)

Yep I checked my status it said "the admissions committee has made a decision...you will receive a letter in the mail.." Called Lauren she said I was on the alternate list :(

I am so sorry to hear. But, were you able to think of a reason why they put you in the alternate list? Did you screw up the interview or something?

I am so sorry to hear. But, were you able to think of a reason why they put you in the alternate list? Did you screw up the interview or something?

I think my interview went very well. The only thing I can think of is my low pcat score.:/

I think my interview went very well. The only thing I can think of is my low pcat score.:/

Do you mind if I ask 1 more question? How do you know it went well? Did they agree or show any good signs to what you answered? Or, you saw that you could answer all of their questions?

I meant I find it a weird moment whenever I am in an interview session. I have been to several ones and I see the same reactions of the professors who interviewed me. Some were typing something when I answered their questions, some showed it like they are tired of hearing the same things from every students. Some even wanted to rush me (they said I only have 2 mins left when I wanted to ask them more questions). Some were like trying to be have neutral expression. The lastest one that I had, one professor even asked the other if she wanted to ask me any other question since he said he did not have anymore to ask.

Also, what PCAT score did you get? I meant if you can get somewhere above 70. That is not too bad. I hope you can survive from the waiting list :)

MzMzMz-

I got into USF.

In terms of the interviewers' reactions, the interviews I've been I have been able to get individuals that do and do not react to my responses. Either way it shouldn't matter, you should answer the question the best you can do and do not look back.

Specifically Lecom, I had an interviewer that actually agreed with on my stance on a specific question.

PCAT score doesn't matter to Lecom as long as you are graduating/graduated with a bachelor's.

But even without that, Lecom as well as many other schools look at the total applicant not just some score. :)

Hey all!

I have a quick question and maybe one of you guys can help me out. I interviewed a little over a month ago and haven't heard anything back yet. The portal has been stuck at "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." I called Lauren and she said it's not a bad thing and they are looking at my application "favorably". Has anyone else experience this as well? It's been nerve-racking waiting for a response!

Hey all!

I have a quick question and maybe one of you guys can help me out. I interviewed a little over a month ago and haven't heard anything back yet. The portal has been stuck at "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." I called Lauren and she said it's not a bad thing and they are looking at my application "favorably". Has anyone else experience this as well? It's been nerve-racking waiting for a response!

I've read somewhere that, the longer it takes to get back to an applicant the more likely it's an acceptance. But don't quote me :) GOOD LUCK

As for wait list acceptance, my class (2013) accepted everyone on the wait list. The next year only saw a small portion accepted so it varies year to year depending on the application pool.

One thing I've discovered about interviews at LECOM is if you are offered an interview, then your application was good enough to be accepted. Hope you guys get some good news, our class had a large number accepted for residencies so things are looking quite good for the school not to mention the recent approval for 6-year accreditation.

As for wait list acceptance, my class (2013) accepted everyone on the wait list. The next year only saw a small portion accepted so it varies year to year depending on the application pool.

One thing I've discovered about interviews at LECOM is if you are offered an interview, then your application was good enough to be accepted. Hope you guys get some good news, our class had a large number accepted for residencies so things are looking quite good for the school not to mention the recent approval for 6-year accreditation.

I am glad to hear this. I honestly think LECOM wants this semesters transcripts and see how I do as I am also graduating in May. They said they will review applications who are on the alternate list after they are done interviewing and that was estimated in May as well. So to put the puzzle together for my situation I think I might have a shot :)

Right now I think my 3.0 is holding me back. I honestly think everything else went well because the interviewers were agreeing with my answers l, essay went well and my Pharmcas has a lot of information about my extracurriculars and work experience as well.

Phew!

Supplemental app processed 4/9
Interview invite 4/12
Interview date 4/18 12:45pm
...all went down pretty fast after they processed the app, gotta get a plane ticket tonight

I thought my 2.7 gpa would hold me back. They really look at the entire student though, so having a strong application in other areas can definitely make up for a low GPA.

Application submitted: mid-Dec
Interview invite: March 29th
Interview date: April 18th

Application submitted: 3/1
Interview Invite: 4/10
Interview date:4/18

What time is your interview. I really don't know what to expect or to prepare for the interview. I'm nervous and scared. Any idea on the questions ask.

how was the interview. Any feedback will help. my interview is coming up this thursday. Would you mind sharing what to expect. Thanks

Application submitted: 3/1
Interview Invite: 4/10
Interview date:4/18

What time is your interview. I really don't know what to expect or to prepare for the interview. I'm nervous and scared. Any idea on the questions ask.

hi! view this link (interview feedback on sdn):
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/lecom-sop-fl/survey/26

my interview is at 745am. what about you?
it is normal to be nervous, but i guarantee once the day begins and you meet a couple people you will be more relaxed. good luck!!:thumbup:

My name is Josh Grant, I graduated from LECOM in 2011. I will be finishing an Internal Medicine Residency and will be starting a Fellowship in Cardiology this summer. I have a partially furnished 2br/2ba apartment available in June. The apartment is located in the Harborage on Braden River. Its about a 7-10 minute drive to campus in traffic (map). The community is gated, has a pool, hot tub, gas grill. It is situated on the Braden River and has a private nature reserve. Its a very quite and safe community. Pictures can be found here. All the furniture is included except for the furniture found in the second bedroom (my roommates, and subsequently the messier one). The rent is $1200/mo , with all utilities except for internet and electricity included. The rent includes basic cable. Also included is the garage space across the street. Please email me if you have questions about the apartment, or bradenton/lecom in general. It feels like I was in your shoes only a short while ago, but it will go by quickly ! -Josh Grant [email protected]

Last edited:
hi! view this link (interview feedback on sdn):
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/lecom-sop-fl/survey/26

my interview is at 745am. what about you?
it is normal to be nervous, but i guarantee once the day begins and you meet a couple people you will be more relaxed. good luck!!:thumbup:

Honestly that link helped me out so much with my interview. It honestly feels like a conversation with another professor - it does not feel like an interview at all and trust me I was very nervous - I talked to myself for a month in my car prior to the interview and asked my pharmacists to practice with me.

As long as you are truly passionate about pharmacy, you should be okay.

Hi! I interviewed 3/14 and didn't hear anything back. She also told me the same thing using the exact words "favorably". The one month mark was Sunday so I called Monday bt she wasn't in the office. She called me this morning & said I was accepted. So if it's the week of the one-month mark just call and let her know! She's awesome!
Also for all of those nervous about your scores and grades, don't be. I had lower scores than most of the people posting their grades and PCAT's here and I got in :)

Good Luck guys!!

Hi! I interviewed 3/14 and didn't hear anything back. She also told me the same thing using the exact words "favorably". The one month mark was Sunday so I called Monday bt she wasn't in the office. She called me this morning & said I was accepted. So if it's the week of the one-month mark just call and let her know! She's awesome!
Also for all of those nervous about your scores and grades, don't be. I had lower scores than most of the people posting their grades and PCAT's here and I got in :)

Good Luck guys!!

Wow Congrats! I'll be there on the 18th at 7:45 in the morning for an interview.

Hey guys! I'm giving up my seat for those of you waiting! Best of Luck everyone!

:banana: Lipscomb Class of 2017 :highfive:

Hey guys! I'm giving up my seat for those of you waiting! Best of Luck everyone!

Hey there, when was your interview with lecom and how long they let you know they accepted you after your interview?

Thanks. And, good luck with your future school :)

Who did you contact to give up your seat? Did you email/call Lauren Bewley or someone else?