1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

"C" or better

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by smilin1590, Jul 28, 2011.

1. smilin1590

5+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I'm just curious about this. When I'm reading on many school sites they say pre-req's must have a grade of "C" or better. Can this be any range C, i.e. C+, C, C- or strictly nothing lower than the "C"? some schools actually state 2.0 or better and then IL says nothing lower than a C- and I'm pretty sure they are the only school that specifies C-

Anybody have any insight to this?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GellaBella

GellaBella Penn Vet V'14
    7+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I always took "C" or better to mean a straight C. I think at one point NCSU also said they would accept a C-, but they've been changing their requirements so that may not be the case anymore.

I think that if they would accept a C-, they would say they accept a C-

I re-took the course I had a C- in (orgo) for many schools. I wasn't going to risk it and to be honest, I wanted to show them and myself that I could kick orgo's ass if I really wanted to.

4. Tambotie

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I think too b/c some undergrad schools are a +/- system and some are just A, B, C and so on. This is the way it was for me anyway.

A grade of C could be a 70-79, at = 2.0 points. Whereas a C- could also be a 70 but = 1.67 points ...or something like that.

5. smilin1590

5+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Kinda figured as much. You make a great point though GellaBella, if I do get a C- might as well re-take that sucker and prove I can do it :) Thanks everyone!

6. EnvyPointers

7+ Year Member

Purdue will accept a C-

7. Dsmoody23

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    "or better"

focus on that.