"C" or better

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

smilin1590

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just curious about this. When I'm reading on many school sites they say pre-req's must have a grade of "C" or better. Can this be any range C, i.e. C+, C, C- or strictly nothing lower than the "C"? some schools actually state 2.0 or better and then IL says nothing lower than a C- and I'm pretty sure they are the only school that specifies C-

Anybody have any insight to this?
 
I always took "C" or better to mean a straight C. I think at one point NCSU also said they would accept a C-, but they've been changing their requirements so that may not be the case anymore.

I think that if they would accept a C-, they would say they accept a C-

I re-took the course I had a C- in (orgo) for many schools. I wasn't going to risk it and to be honest, I wanted to show them and myself that I could kick orgo's ass if I really wanted to.
 
I think too b/c some undergrad schools are a +/- system and some are just A, B, C and so on. This is the way it was for me anyway.

A grade of C could be a 70-79, at = 2.0 points. Whereas a C- could also be a 70 but = 1.67 points ...or something like that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Kinda figured as much. You make a great point though GellaBella, if I do get a C- might as well re-take that sucker and prove I can do it 🙂 Thanks everyone!