You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Waitlist C/O 2030 hopefuls!
Started by thunder27104
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
thunder27104
Full Member
I’m currently on the waitlist at KSU
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
balloonicorn1000
Full Member
WSU OOS tier 2 waitlist, and UW-Madison waitlist
will be removing myself from both of them as I got an acceptance elsewhere!
will be removing myself from both of them as I got an acceptance elsewhere!
Last edited:
I’m in the same boat for LSUISU waitlist and I’m kinda going insane not knowing my rank 😬
sarahajarding
Full Member
Waitlist for WSU (IS tier 1), UMN (#9), oklahoma state, kansas state
thunder27104
Full Member
I wonder why some schools don’t say what # you are on the wait list 😭
DressageEnthusiast
Liverpool c/o 2031
It is possible that some places do "pools" instead of ranked "lists" i.e., you may be assigned #18, but if a spot opens up, a number will be randomly drawn to fill it; it might be #1, might be #32, might be #18.I wonder why some schools don’t say what # you are on the wait list 😭
Doglover100
Full Member
Waitlisted at Auburn for a contract seat.
purrlywhites
Full Member
Waitlisted at WSU, non ranked list. Unsure if I’d attend but depends how early I am accepted
cardamom23
Full Member
Tier 3 Waitlist at WSU (IS)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lemonjellybelly
Full Member
Im on the vet prep program waitlist and the regular DVM waitlist as an OOS for Colorado State! On our admitted and waitlisted page for 2030, a few people have said they got pulled from the waitlist already, and others saying they gave up their OOS seat too.
I am the kind of person that hates not knowing where I am on the lists. But I keep repeating no news is good news, as long as I don't know, I am still in the running! HAPPY THOUGHTS EVERYONE!
I am the kind of person that hates not knowing where I am on the lists. But I keep repeating no news is good news, as long as I don't know, I am still in the running! HAPPY THOUGHTS EVERYONE!
OOS Waitlist for OSU
Anyone waitlisted at ISU going to the preview days? I’m debating signing up for the April one because I’ll know my rank by then and whether or not it’s worth it to travel there and check out the school/ area. (I’m from Ohio so it’s a 10 hour drive and expensive flight due to it being around spring break.)
FutureBeeDVM
ISU CVM c/o 2030
I might be going. I'm from MA, so depending on my position, I will probably cancel my flight if it's not likely I will get an offer. I am also still waiting on Tufts which will be this coming week, so if I get accepted, I will take myself off the waitlist.Anyone waitlisted at ISU going to the preview days? I’m debating signing up for the April one because I’ll know my rank by then and whether or not it’s worth it to travel there and check out the school/ area. (I’m from Ohio so it’s a 10 hour drive and expensive flight due to it being around spring break.)
Last edited:
tankertot21
New Member
In state waitlist at Clemson! It’s the first class so dying to know if we know how many waitlisted or if anyone has updates…
sunflower02
Full Member
I am waitlisted at LIU & LMU, both OOS.
Thinking about possibly going to one LMU’s visit days. Anyone else?
Thinking about possibly going to one LMU’s visit days. Anyone else?
Weighing in here as a current OSU undergraduate student (and have been admitted to their CVM this cycle), I would visit it if you can. I will be going to the one about a week from now despite being an undergrad here already. I think it would be good for you to see the facilities and hear directly their plans for the new facility plus just to get a general vibe of the faculty (although I have had mostly wonderful experiences with them). It would also be good to go just to get a sense of Stillwater. I am not from Oklahoma, but had my reservations moving here and they were quickly quelled when I realized all the amenities/options they do have. The OOS waitlist will likely move fast after the initial deadline for committing. Happy to chat further if you have any questions!Is touring/going to admitted students day for Oklahoma a good choice/worth it if I'm an alternate? Thanks 🙂
clementine21
Full Member
I was also waitlisted at LMU, and I am planning to attend their visit day on March 27th!I am waitlisted at LIU & LMU, both OOS.
Thinking about possibly going to one LMU’s visit days. Anyone else?
lunacat1000
Full Member
Waitlisted #3 IS for Wisconsin. Really hoping I have a chance at being pulled!
gayhamsters
Full Member
Waitlisted for Ohio OOS! I don’t have the best rank so am hoping for some movement as it’s the only shot I have this year 🤞😖
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lemonjellybelly
Full Member
I'm in the same boat with Colorado State! We don't know our ranks but so far i only know of a handful of people getting off the sponsored alternate list.Waitlisted for Ohio OOS! I don’t have the best rank so am hoping for some movement as it’s the only shot I have this year 🤞😖
stinkylabrador
🫶🏻💛🐕
Hi there!! You’re on the waitlist for both vet-prep and regular DVM at CSU?Im on the vet prep program waitlist and the regular DVM waitlist as an OOS for Colorado State! On our admitted and waitlisted page for 2030, a few people have said they got pulled from the waitlist already, and others saying they gave up their OOS seat too.
I am the kind of person that hates not knowing where I am on the lists. But I keep repeating no news is good news, as long as I don't know, I am still in the running! HAPPY THOUGHTS EVERYONE!
lemonjellybelly
Full Member
Yeah when i first open my portal it has the orange paragraph saying I am an alternate for the program, then when I click on View Your Admissions Decision in black bold writing it says I am a nonsponsored alternate and separate programs have separate release dates.Hi there!! You’re on the waitlist for both vet-prep and regular DVM at CSU?
thunder27104
Full Member
USU waitlist
hopefulexoticsdvm
Full Member
UMN IS waitlist spot 51
I wonder why some schools don’t say what # you are on the wait list 😭
Some schools don't have ranks at all. They aim for a type/style of person. As a broad example, if someone who wants to go into rural med or has that kind of experience declines their seat, then they'll pull someone from the alternate pool with a similar background.
TBD-ToBeDVM
Full Member
Mississippi State IS waitlist #2 over here. I see people saying IS usually moves 1-2 spots but I'm unsure what my chances are!
thunder27104
Full Member
Wow I never thought of this!!! Thank you four your input!Some schools don't have ranks at all. They aim for a type/style of person. As a broad example, if someone who wants to go into rural med or has that kind of experience declines their seat, then they'll pull someone from the alternate pool with a similar background.
futurevet888
Full Member
IS alternate list at Purdue, rank unknown but fingers crossed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mississippi State OOS waitlist #33; crossing my fingers 🤞🏼
christbist
Full Member
North Carolina State OOS waitlist, Texas A&M IS waitlist (this one hurt), Washington State OOS waitlist tier 4
muffyish
Full Member
I just have to say this is wild and congrats! I've fantasized this happening for me at a couple schools 🤣A&M waitlist IS applicant! I was originally rejected but got a call from the dean saying I was pulled up to the waitlist!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K